Beta 3.3 Query, [2.6] Gate Range query, NPC leveling query)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IcarusII
x3tc

Beta 3.3 Query, [2.6] Gate Range query, NPC leveling query)

Post by IcarusII » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 20:31

Hi guys

Played the heck out of X3 Reunion and then nothing until I accidentally found out that X4 Foundations was a thing. Have been playing 2.6 for a few weeks of real time (in the evenings) and I am really really loving it. This is the game I was waiting for for so long (i read reviews of previous releases and they didnt grab me).

Straight to the questions:
[3.3 Beta]
1) If I adopt Beta 3.3 (or whatever is released by the time i do so) - i know I need to backup my saves - but if I do, then when it becomes a full release do i need to go back to my old saves or can I keep the progress I make during 3.3 beta?

[2.6]
2) My npc's just arent leveling. i have had 10 AutoTraders who all started at 3 Star and after trading for 2 straight weeks in real time they are all at exactly 3 stars. They have made millions each. I have 5 stations, 200mil in the bank etc...why arent my traders leveling? What should i be doing to get them to level?

3) This leads me onto gate range. i get that autotrader gate range is linked to stars. My autotraders can buy and sell within 4 gates. Surely after 2 weeks trading they can figure out how to trade a little further afield?
On the same vein, my station subordinate traders (being managed by a 4 star station manager) have only got a buy/sell gate range of 5 stations.

Ive been reading about people trading across 20 sector....how on earth do I achieve this?

Many thanks
Icarus II

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Beta 3.3 Query, [2.6] Gate Range query, NPC leveling query)

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 21:14

Hello.

1) The point of releasing a beta is that sometimes unforeseen things do go very wrong, and those problems may not be recoverable in continued game terms. Hopefully those types of issue are fixed by the time of release build which can definitely carry on from saves made in the previous *release* version. Short answer, you might be lucky and have a straight forward beta gameplay experience - or you might not and ruin your game progress if that is all you have.

2) There are some previous similar questions about levelling that might help you: here and here. It can seem to be a slow and complicated process.

3) The aspect of trading range improvement may be hinted at in those threads too.

Also be aware that some reported extremely rapid advancements could be the result of game mods or save edits. (I'm certainly not saying that they all are.)

Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pref
x4

Re: Beta 3.3 Query, [2.6] Gate Range query, NPC leveling query)

Post by pref » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 12:34

IcarusII wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 20:31
Ive been reading about people trading across 20 sector....how on earth do I achieve this?
Mods, max range is 5 cluster for 5* automated traders.

Return to “X4: Foundations”