3.0 Beta 3 is excellent

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aradayn
x4

3.0 Beta 3 is excellent

Post by Aradayn » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 19:18

General feedback that you've made huge strides in this latest release. I was going through my nitpicks and you've fixed a bunch of them already.
Additionally, performance, especially UI performance, is leaps and bounds better than before.

You've also improved little details like saving the last location you were viewing in the map screen when you go back from screens like the build screen or station overview. Cheers!

Genoscythe
x4

Re: 3.0 Beta 3 is excellent

Post by Genoscythe » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 19:39

Hm, performance has been abysmal for me so far, about half the FPS of my 2.6 game in normal play and map. Overall map performance is really a bother for me with already 20 fps in 2.6 with waypoints off in the filter. I play on an I7 3820 @ 3.60 GHz and an 1060 GTX 6 GB. CPU is most probably slowing me down but without SETA I could do a 60 FPS in non-giant battle situations. In 3.0 it went down to 40 base. Did you start a new game or import an old save?

eXalt!
x4

Post by eXalt! » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 20:42

Indeed 3.0 is a big step forward, the game feels different now (for the better).
Genoscythe wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 19:39
Hm, performance has been abysmal for me so far, about half the FPS of my 2.6 game in normal play and map. Overall map performance is really a bother for me with already 20 fps in 2.6 with waypoints off in the filter. I play on an I7 3820 @ 3.60 GHz and an 1060 GTX 6 GB. CPU is most probably slowing me down but without SETA I could do a 60 FPS in non-giant battle situations. In 3.0 it went down to 40 base. Did you start a new game or import an old save?
My computer is pretty much like yours (i7 4k for me, same GPU and 8G of ram) and performance seemed to increase with 3.0, I even went from high to ultra graphic settings with minimal FPS loss (I only got low FPS near crowded stations). I started a new game instead if that helps you.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 23:09

For me performance has improved (or seems to have) in areas and situations where the game would normally perform well, and got worse in situations that tend to tank fps - such as large battles. So the overall feeling is better general performance, but worse performance when it really matters.

Other than that, yes 3.0 is excellent. There are so many quality of life things ontop of the other more obvious changes that really make the game feel better.

Barnardstar
x4

Post by Barnardstar » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 11:22

Aradayn wrote:
Sun, 8. Dec 19, 19:18
General feedback that you've made huge strides in this latest release. I was going through my nitpicks and you've fixed a bunch of them already.
Additionally, performance, especially UI performance, is leaps and bounds better than before.

You've also improved little details like saving the last location you were viewing in the map screen when you go back from screens like the build screen or station overview. Cheers!
Fully agree! I bought the game on launch day and it definitely needed some work. But now, with all the improvements, its a really good game. There are still things to work on, like filling out the Encyclopedia, but overall it now feels like a game that can be added to, rather than improved.

As for performance, I run it on medium settings on a fairly decent laptop and it runs pretty damn well.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 12:39

I super agree, it's a huge milestone across the board.

Adalphage
x4

Post by Adalphage » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 13:08

And the best part is that is not fully implemented! We are also getting story plots and better missions soon!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:41

I agree that beta 3 is especially good, although I am on the "performance is still not good" team, especially in many-ship combat. I have a similar CPU to others here.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”