What happens to the ships that are sold to NPCs?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DirtyXenon
x4

What happens to the ships that are sold to NPCs?

Post by DirtyXenon » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 11:54

If I manufacture a lot of ships at my wharf and then sell them to an NPC wharf, will the NPC faction get an army?

RIght now I noticed they just disappear(if you are out of the system) after being sold, I am not sure if they relocated somewhere else to fit the needs of the NPC empire or just deleted from the game. Anyone knows?

I want army the NPC factions and watch the world burn.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: What happens to the ships that are sold to NPCs?

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 11:57

they disappear from the game, only way is when the faction orders the ships from you that they will be used
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 12:31

Crrrredits for cluuuuunkers, yessss.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 16:18

I really hope Egosoft can make the factions use such ships rather than despawn. They could just warn us performance may suffer if we overdo it, but honestly just sending sold ships to fight immediately would mean those ships will help thin ship numbers one way or another!

I also really want to arm some factions and help big conquests happen.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 16:48

Each faction could keep a roster of ships that is needs for its feet. If a ship you trade in is on the roster they keep it. If its not, its disposed of. This can also be used to cap fleet size. Once the list, that a faction considers to be a full strength fleet, is full everything is then dumped. The devs can scale the size of the fleet by sectors owned or whatever criteria they wish.

This can also be incorporated with diplomacy. If you're good enough friends with a faction you can see their ships wanted roster and you'll know exactly what they would use.

Edit: After thinking about this, there is a pretty big down side. Unless a system was put in place for the AI factions to behave the same way. Any side that the player favored would have a big advantage. Maybe less so if the player was playing as an unscrupulous weapons dealer and supplying both sides to make lots of money.
Last edited by Shepp on Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:00

It's not very helpful for the receiving faction if they get to keep and use ships that you capped, stripped of good assets and left only the cheapest essentials on them before selling them. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:11

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:00
It's not very helpful for the receiving faction if they get to keep and use ships that you capped, stripped of good assets and left only the cheapest essentials on them before selling them. :wink:
That gets into another conversation all together about how rep currently works. A faction that you are capping ships from shouldn't be willing to purchase ships from you anyway.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:42

.. but you can sell dekitted capped ships to any faction that you are on speaking terms with. Going on to use those for their patrols etc in that poor state would not be very helpful nor successful for them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 17:59

Shepp wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 16:48
Each faction could keep a roster of ships that is needs for its feet. If a ship you trade in is on the roster they keep it. If its not, its disposed of. This can also be used to cap fleet size. Once the list, that a faction considers to be a full strength fleet, is full everything is then dumped. The devs can scale the size of the fleet by sectors owned or whatever criteria they wish.

This can also be incorporated with diplomacy. If you're good enough friends with a faction you can see their ships wanted roster and you'll know exactly what they would use.

Edit: After thinking about this, there is a pretty big down side. Unless a system was put in place for the AI factions to behave the same way. Any side that the player favored would have a big advantage. Maybe less so if the player was playing as an unscrupulous weapons dealer and supplying both sides to make lots of money.
This.

To save performance you could put a limit to how many ships faction could field. All ships sold above that limit are sold are despawned and put to "reserve", e.g.:

You sell Argon 5 carriers, but Argon can field only 3, so surplus 2 are put in reserve and will appear back when 2 other are destroyed.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 19:28

build a shipyard
build ships
sold them to pirates.
the locals will engage them and they may use rockets and they may use your shipyard to restock rockets.

Sold ships has the command "explore".
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”