Factories feeding setup

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aurelcourt
x4

Factories feeding setup

Post by aurelcourt » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 23:28

Hi,

How do you set up your logical overview so that your station subordinates will gather wares only from your own other stations?

What I've done is:

- station selling ware : ticked "restrict trade with other factions" + set manual selling price to minimum

- station buying ware : ticked "restrict trade..." + set manual buying price to maximum

Both stations have traders assigned + money + sell/buy orders registered... yet nothing happens and the station needing the wares stops producing due to lack of resource... none of the subordinates completed any trade... what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance, I hope I missed something obvious 😊

csaba
x4

Re: Factories feeding setup

Post by csaba » Wed, 11. Dec 19, 23:53

Your setup should work.

Possible issues:
- Check that both stations have proper storage sizes. Some might refuse to sell or buy if the traded amount is too low
- How far apart are your stations? Low skill employees might take some time to find the correct route or not at all depending on distance.
- Try unassigning and reassigning your ships. For example miners tend to stay idle if you assign them to the station before the refining/storage modules are finished. They recognize the job as impossible to do at the point of assignment but once possible don't update orders. This might be happening to your traders.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 08:03

Make sure that the station has no other critical wares. Common culprits are Smart Chips and Drone Components used to build station drones. Trade subordinates get fixated only supplying those and ignore any inputs or outputs of the station. One can solve this by manually fetching the required parts.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 08:33

Stations are just next to each other in the same sector so no issue here.
Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 08:03
Make sure that the station has no other critical wares. Common culprits are Smart Chips and Drone Components used to build station drones. Trade subordinates get fixated only supplying those and ignore any inputs or outputs of the station. One can solve this by manually fetching the required parts.

Yes that could be the issue, I was about to ask : I tried unassigning and reassigning the traders to the stations, and I checked their behaviour.

Initially they get assigned the correct wares to trade (antimatter cells + energy cells) but after a few seconds, it changes to drone comps + smart chips, replacing the others completely, so of course they won't go after the wares I'd like...

The thing is : both stations have 10 cargo drones as I requested, so why would the traders go after components again? I'll try setting the cursor to a lower level...

Return to “X4: Foundations”