Whatever happened to research in 3.0?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Whatever happened to research in 3.0?

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 05:34

As per the roadmap released long ago for 3.0:

"For all updates, we are working on better missions. At the latest for 3.00 we plan to have a number of new and improved combat missions in particular. An area we want to combine this with is improved research (in the player HQ) and the ability to potentially even move the player HQ to a different location."

Has there been any comment from egosoft as to whether this will be a thing in 3.0, or has it been moved back to a later update?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Re: Whatever happened to research in 3.0?

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 07:27

its still supposed to be in 3.0, but not everything is in the 3.0 beta patch yet.

The improved combat missions arnt in yet either.

Nor are the weapons, completely.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 08:10

Looking at the 3.00 beta. It appears to be very much a huge WIP. Tons of changes between beta releases, many of which are major features.

cool_lad

Post by cool_lad » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 11:38

In all likelihood we'll see research at the later stages of the Beta, once they sort out things like weapon and ship balance.

Would make sense to fit in research that may potentially totally affect weapons and ships only after you've sorted out the actual weapons and ships themselves.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 16:56

there is still many things that are not yet in beta - e.g. new sectors sthat supose to come in with 3.0 (no I don't mean DLC sectors).
Give that 3.0 is scheduled in late Q1 2020 we will still have several beta iterations.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 20:55

Research seems like a definite placeholder right now. Everything takes 10min, no resources required.

I don't think they've specified late Q1...though I wouldn't be surprised given the current state of the beta (hopeful, but unfinished :))
Rode my bicycle across the USA in 2014. Here's the travel blog with lots of words & pictures.

Return to “X4: Foundations”