Please oh please Egosoft!!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Please oh please Egosoft!!!

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 06:40

I'm running the Beta frantically, all said it's a good improvement on the 2.60 version.

Still, being the whiner I am I have some "complaints":

1. Why there is no more distance on the guidance point :( ? One of the most useful features gone.

2. In the lockbox missions, why should we click three times on the NPC to be done with it :? ?

3. The engine noise is WAY TOO MUCH :evil: , either reduce it yourselves or put a separate slider in the Sound Options.

4. OK the missions on v2.60 were paydirt but reducing them to 1/3 or 1/4 is too much. 1/2 would have been better. Not everyone is interested in mining you know, the restless souls that are all out for exploration don't have any other means to gain credits :cry: ....

5. If stations are to be built module by module (totally disagree) there should be a list of the necessary modules for each.

6, Finally, but not lastly, All this Landing Procedure :evil: !!! If anybody wanted to be parking his spaceship manually, they'd better go to Elite Dangerous :lol: with less equipment necessary and fully online. PLEASE either remove this thing completely (as it was in X Rebirth would be nice) or equip all ships with Docking Computer that works on M, L and XL ships just like in S ones. The Landing Fanatics will have the option to park their ships manually this way :doh: .

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Please oh please Egosoft!!!

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 10:18

This isn't the beta forum, though.

Gween
x4

Post by Gween » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:17

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 06:40

6, Finally, but not lastly, All this Landing Procedure :evil: !!! If anybody wanted to be parking his spaceship manually, they'd better go to Elite Dangerous :lol: with less equipment necessary and fully online. PLEASE either remove this thing completely (as it was in X Rebirth would be nice) or equip all ships with Docking Computer that works on M, L and XL ships just like in S ones. The Landing Fanatics will have the option to park their ships manually this way :doh: .
Docking Computers exists. And you usually have enough money for Docking Computer MK2 after 10 minutes of gameplay. MK2 basically automatest the whole docking procedure

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:47

dtpsprt wrote:
2. In the lockbox missions, why should we click three times on the NPC to be done with it :? ?
Please be more specific here. Why do you have to click three times and to do what? A screenshot or short video might help.
dtpsprt wrote:
4. OK the missions on v2.60 were paydirt but reducing them to 1/3 or 1/4 is too much. 1/2 would have been better. Not everyone is interested in mining you know, the restless souls that are all out for exploration don't have any other means to gain credits :cry: ....
Mission payouts were not reduced by anything like as much as you claim, and certainly not across the board. In fact the range of payouts was increased to reflect the time and effort you have to put into them. So while you may occasionally get a short, easy to complete but low-paying mission, others will pay significantly more.
dtpsprt wrote:
5. If stations are to be built module by module (totally disagree) there should be a list of the necessary modules for each.
A list of the modules necessary for what? What you include in a station is up to you. Just about the only essential element is a docking module of some kind.
dtpsprt wrote:
Well sorry, but we're not going to remove an important game feature that many players like just for you! And as the previous poster said, there is already a Docking Computer that does most of the work for you if you don't want to do it yourself. :)

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 14:28

the lockbox missions part where you have to bring the parts back to some NPC in the bar, for each ware ( always 3) you have to start the conversation 3 times to give him each ware and after each ware the conversation ends
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:34

dtpsprt wrote:

Docking computers exist, in addition you can always stand up from the seat and tell your pilot to land while doing something else or nothing at all.
Elite Dangerous doesn't have the option for AI dock your ship nor give it it orders do so from 10 systems away.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:47

repatomonor wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 10:18
This isn't the beta forum, though.
Couldn't find it!!!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:49

Panos wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:34

Docking computers exist, in addition you can always stand up from the seat and tell your pilot to land while doing something else or nothing at all.
Elite Dangerous doesn't have the option for AI dock your ship nor give it it orders do so from 10 systems away.
They exist but they don't work for anything bigger than S. And yes... I DO find this whole docking thing tiresome, boresome and out of the games context (oooops, forgot this is not the real X series continue that stopped in X3)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:50

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 14:28
the lockbox missions part where you have to bring the parts back to some NPC in the bar, for each ware ( always 3) you have to start the conversation 3 times to give him each ware and after each ware the conversation ends
And this sit well with whom? Useless waste of time and resources IMHO

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:02

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:47
Please be more specific here. Why do you have to click three times and to do what? A screenshot or short video might help.
It can't be more specific than that. You have to deliver 3 goods to the same person at the same location and you have to repeat the procedure 3 times!!! EWWWW!!!
CBJ wrote:
Mission payouts were not reduced by anything like as much as you claim, and certainly not across the board. In fact the range of payouts was increased to reflect the time and effort you have to put into them. So while you may occasionally get a short, easy to complete but low-paying mission, others will pay significantly more.
OK... lock box mission in 2.60 135K, in Beta 32K need a calculator?
CBJ wrote:
A list of the modules necessary for what? What you include in a station is up to you. Just about the only essential element is a docking module of some kind.
More or less my point, maybe I am nostalgic of X3 where you got a bundle, like a solar power pant, a silicon mine, food factory etc. Can't fathom the need (or beauty) of wasting so much time in station design.
CBJ wrote:
Well sorry, but we're not going to remove an important game feature that many players like just for you! And as the previous poster said, there is already a Docking Computer that does most of the work for you if you don't want to do it yourself. :)
Wasting 2 mins to align (the NPC, the player at least 1) your M, not dare mention the L and XL USING the Docking Computer!!! As I said, those that love parking manoeuvrers can get their fill in Elite.

BTW, what do you mean just for me? Am I the only one that has owned and played every X game till today? Make a MK3 and an MK4 Docking Computer but not say that I'm the only one to use it, especially trying to park under fire...
Last edited by dtpsprt on Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:06

Gween wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:17
Docking Computers exists. And you usually have enough money for Docking Computer MK2 after 10 minutes of gameplay. MK2 basically automatest the whole docking procedure
Only for S ships, it should be the same for the rest, bigger ones, if not completely removed altogether. Maybe they could make an M Docking computer and an L/XL? The price of it is not an issue anyway...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:11

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:06
Gween wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 12:17
Only for S ships, it should be the same for the rest, bigger ones, if not completely removed altogether. Maybe they could make an M Docking computer and an L/XL? The price of it is not an issue anyway...
docking computer works on S and M ships, no aligning needed on both, just getting close
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:19

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 15:50
Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 14:28
And this sit well with whom? Useless waste of time and resources IMHO
nobody, im just helping cbj to see what you are talking about

btw lockbox mission are easy and should not be payed 135k, in beta if you have more rep it can get to 100k, other missions pay more
as stations building goes you can save layouts and have bundles across all saves, and this iteration of station building is the best by far, you dont like it? who cares :P

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:42

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:02
It can't be more specific than that. You have to deliver 3 goods to the same person at the same location and you have to repeat the procedure 3 times!!! EWWWW!!!
You just were more specific. You didn't say anything about delivering multiple goods to the same person in your original post.
dtpsprt wrote:
If you're going to be rude then I won't bother with this conversation any further. You got a lower payout for one short, simple mission, because as I said, the payout range has been increased. It is not a general thing that mission rewards are all a fraction of what they were, which was your assertion.
dtpsprt wrote:
More or less my point, maybe I am nostalgic of X3 where you got a bundle, like a solar power pant, a silicon mine, food factory etc. Can't fathom the need (or beauty) of wasting so much time in station design.
The ability to design station complexes, which is effectively what these are, was one of the most requested features by X3 players. You may find some nice station designs available as construction plans that you can download and add to your personal library if you really don't want to do it yourself.
dtpsprt wrote:
Wasting 2 mins to align (the NPC, the player at least 1) your M, not dare mention the L and XL USING the Docking Computer!!! As I said, those that love parking manoeuvrers can get their fill in Elite.

BTW, what do you mean just for me? Am I the only one that has owned and played every X game till today? Make a MK3 and an MK4 Docking Computer but not say that I'm the only one to use it, especially trying to park under fire...
Why do you a) assume that people who played previous games all want to dock automatically and b) insist that those want to dock manually should play another game? Again, this was a feature that lots of people were interested in.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 22:26

dtpsprt wrote:
Can't fathom the need (or beauty) of wasting so much time in station design.
Well I for one really appreciate the new station design. Gone are the days of producing excessive wares or being starved of a ware. Also tickles the puzzle-nerd in me, how to fit the modules efficiently.

Scarletian
x4

Post by Scarletian » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 10:58

dtpsprt wrote:
CBJ wrote:
CBJ wrote:
CBJ wrote:
CBJ wrote:

You seem super rude. I don't even know why they help you.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 11:18

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:42
[You just were more specific. You didn't say anything about delivering multiple goods to the same person in your original post.
This is happening all the time and it's the only mission that does it, so really...
[
CBJ wrote:
If you're going to be rude then I won't bother with this conversation any further. You got a lower payout for one short, simple mission, because as I said, the payout range has been increased. It is not a general thing that mission rewards are all a fraction of what they were, which was your assertion.
Same goes to shooting mines, transferring people, Is it just that these missions have been characterised as Easy or Very Easy in the Beta while they were Medium in V2.60, some (i.e. 30 mines and 10 lock lockboxes) were characterized as Impossible? Still I still find 10 lock lockboxes in these missions in Beta (characterised as Easy or Very Easy) and the 30 mine amount still appears at great rate.
CBJ wrote:
The ability to design station complexes, which is effectively what these are, was one of the most requested features by X3 players. You may find some nice station designs available as construction plans that you can download and add to your personal library if you really don't want to do it yourself.
Thanks for the info for the construction plans
CBJ wrote:
Why do you a) assume that people who played previous games all want to dock automatically and b) insist that those want to dock manually should play another game? Again, this was a feature that lots of people were interested in.
I also said that there can be a real fast (and fully automated) Docking Computer for M, L, XL Ships. Then people have their choice, install it and be done with it or continue with the docking procedure. THAT would be a real step ahead of the aforementioned other game that I gladly gave up when X Universe came on

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 11:24

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 7. Jan 20, 16:19

nobody, im just helping cbj to see what you are talking about

btw lockbox mission are easy and should not be payed 135k, in beta if you have more rep it can get to 100k, other missions pay more
as stations building goes you can save layouts and have bundles across all saves, and this iteration of station building is the best by far, you dont like it? who cares :P
I did say that I can understand the lowering of the reward, not so much though (especially where the 10 lock lockboxes are concerned). As for the tediousness of it (having the conversation 3 times).

"The beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as far as building stations are concerned...

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 15:03

dtpsprt wrote:
I'm running the Beta frantically, all said it's a good improvement on the 2.60 version.

Still, being the whiner I am I have some "complaints":

1. Why there is no more distance on the guidance point :( ? One of the most useful features gone.

3. The engine noise is WAY TOO MUCH :evil: , either reduce it yourselves or put a separate slider in the Sound Options.

I gather that what you want is a completely immersion-less game(no engine noise, point and click station building like X3 and one click docking)- and the quick reward, instant gratification arcade game(reduced payouts.)
I'm fine with the improvements. They were needed to make the game enjoyable and something to become immersed in and enjoy. I have no interest in a game that has to be played "frantically" and "win" after a few hours of gameplay.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 22:03

Most missions are pointless, i'm not doing any mission for less than 100k even then probably still not.

Within a few missions you're repped up anyway, i still to station build missions 16 mill+ or with the beta patch you can do defence missions that give you a free magnetar miner with decent crew and shields and the missions are easy as hell like satellites, mines or transport missions.

Fleet missions are pointless they cost more money than you make, i used to do these for a free magnetar but even then still not really worth it especially now with these new missions, i also find it weird that other factions also offer magnetar missions rather than their own factions ship.

But they're currently working on missions so hopefully they'll improve a lot in the next update and be more fun and actually worth doing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”