Many noob questions (open thread)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Szynszyl
x4

Many noob questions (open thread)

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 10:49

Hello, i don't want start billions of threads with my stupid questions, so i make this thread.

First question, how to make automatic transfer of money from station to player accounts?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Many noob questions (open thread)

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 12:05

Simply change the slider to some amount u're comfortable with. The manager will then automatically transfer you the exceeding money, once the manager accumulates 2-3 times the specified amount.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 13:28

What slider you mean? This in manage funds? If yes then it not work

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 16:42

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 13:28
What slider you mean? This in manage funds? If yes then it not work
go to the properties of you are station (information).

Also, when you open the map and press the personal infomation tab.
You should see a tab on the side for manage station funds.

I believe you can see an overview of all your stations and the money they hold in one window

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 19:28

Ok thx, next question. How to manage a fleet? I have carrier and one destroyer assignet to them in alpha attack group. How to give entire fleet command to attack something? Or how to remove orders for whole fleet at once?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 02:12

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 19:28
Ok thx, next question. How to manage a fleet? I have carrier and one destroyer assignet to them in alpha attack group. How to give entire fleet command to attack something? Or how to remove orders for whole fleet at once?
Use map with property view to manage fleets. S and M ships should be assigned as subordinates under the carrier for them to use it correctly. The carrier than then lead a fleet itself or be assigned as part of an even bigger fleet.

Once a fleet is fully assembled, ordering the fleet leader to do something should be sufficient to get all its subordinates to do the same thing. These orders are issued in map view as usual. Sometimes it can be useful to select or members of the fleet and order them to do an order, however the fleet leader may decide to overrule the orders of their subordinates.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Mon, 20. Jan 20, 09:01

I can add to this that you shouldn't make a fleet to big.
because I noticed that if you give an order to a fleet which is to big it will only take like 6 ships of the fleet along with it and others stay behind.
In that case

you can also select the fleet commander.
then hold shift and then select the last ship of the fleet and then you have all ships in that fleet selected to assign a command individually but I don't recommend doing that.

My fleets exist out of
1 carrier
6 destroyers
and then based on what the carrier can hold the amount of M and S ships.
When you first add 6 destroyers to the fleet the M and S ships will automaticly dock on the carrier.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 5. Sep 20, 18:58

Hello again.
I want back to game after a loooong brake. I don't wanna start from scratch, but i don't know what is what in my save. Otherwise i don't remember how to play. Can anyone give me an advice how to back to my save? I had HQ and couples factories and ofcourse ships on my last game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 5. Sep 20, 19:04

Just load the save. It should load and play just fine even if the release version of the game has changed since you last played. (For a vanilla game at least.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 13:30

Hmm i think that you don't understand my problem. I forgot how to play this game and when i load my save i don't know what to do.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:30

OK, now I understand. You should be able to play through the in-game tutorials again if you want to. Otherwise there are guides listed on the X4 Steam page and also the X4 Wiki Manual here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:42

(As much as I hate videos as form of information transfer) some Youtube channels have plenty of X4 content.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 15:50

So, best way will be play tutorials again. I thought it would be the best option. Ill do that. Thx :)
jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:42
(As much as I hate videos as form of information transfer) some Youtube channels have plenty of X4 content.
I hate video tutorials, most of them have more than 30 mins and are boring. I prefer read tutorials. But thx for help

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:19

Hello,
I make new try to back to the game. But at start i have frist problem, where i find financial report for my stations and traders? Next question i have is, how to make that game not pause when minimized? When i fly my big slow stardust i want to do something outside game. There was that option in X3 series

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:24

Some additional financial reports are being added in 4.00. You can try these out in the Public Beta (see sticky threads at the top of this forum).

The game will run in the background if you use "borderless windowed" mode, which you can set in the graphics options.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:25

Szynszyl wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:19
Next question i have is, how to make that game not pause when minimized? When i fly my big slow stardust i want to do something outside game. There was that option in X3 series
In the graphics settings you have to use "boderless window" - that way you can switch X4 to the background without stopping execution. I'd also recommend to disable cpu throtteling by adding this flag to the executable parameters: -nocputhrottle

edit Ninja'd by CBJ :( Posting it regardless because of the additional info ^^

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 17:43

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:25
Szynszyl wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 18:19
Next question i have is, how to make that game not pause when minimized? When i fly my big slow stardust i want to do something outside game. There was that option in X3 series
In the graphics settings you have to use "boderless window" - that way you can switch X4 to the background without stopping execution. I'd also recommend to disable cpu throtteling by adding this flag to the executable parameters: -nocputhrottle

edit Ninja'd by CBJ :( Posting it regardless because of the additional info ^^
I noticed the game seemed be be throttled when alt-tabbed, and this is a very nice piece of info to know!

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 21:40

Thx again, but i have another question. How to get mission? If i good remember i must find communication leak but i don't remember how do this.
One more thing. There is something wrong wit autopilot of my ship (Stardust from workshop). It dont use highways, and chose not fastes way to my base. Its problem with modded ship or i do something wrong?

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 22:36

Szynszyl wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 21:40
Thx again, but i have another question. How to get mission? If i good remember i must find communication leak but i don't remember how do this.
One more thing. There is something wrong wit autopilot of my ship (Stardust from workshop). It dont use highways, and chose not fastes way to my base. Its problem with modded ship or i do something wrong?
Missions? Push m and select :!: on the left side.

Mods? I dont need this sh.. :lol:

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 22:49

Ah right there is an mission panel, thx. Other things. I ask ealier abotu fleet. But i have little different problem. Im piloting carrier that is leader of fleet. I have 3 subordinates docked on in in alpha attack group. Why they don't undock and attack when i fight? Ship that i piloting shouldn' be part of fleet?

Return to “X4: Foundations”