Just realized after 60sec of playing X4 Beta...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GWitch
x4

Just realized after 60sec of playing X4 Beta...

Post by GWitch » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 21:19

... I have played BtF, Terran Conflict before, and back then was one of the best space sims for me. Today I purchased X4, and now I realized what mistake I have made, mistake that I spend too much Time and Money in other space sims, and one of the best was in front of my nose. I haven't say that Elite Dangerous in VR is not good, or that Star Citizen is no good, but for one ship price in SC (and I have spend a lot more) I have bought finished amazing product, and much more.
But one good thing is that in other sim's i have found out how to setup HOSAS, and now I have build HOSAS with Throttle (2 Virpil Deltas(Alpha is on the way) + Throttle and TrackIR + Voice Attack) and I must say that game immersion is something that I can't describe.
Just enjoying in game, hope that guys will keep good work, will never abandon them again, so sorry EGOSOFT, and sorry community that I have write this...
(sorry about any English errors)

BR from Croatia

CMDR GWitch

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Just realized after 60sec of playing X4 Beta...

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 22:29

ides, do sad sam samo jednog Xasha iz hrvatske upozno, lijepi pozdrav broj 2 :D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sat, 18. Jan 20, 22:52

GWitch wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 21:19
... I have played BtF, Terran Conflict before, and back then was one of the best space sims for me. Today I purchased X4, and now I realized what mistake I have made, mistake that I spend too much Time and Money in other space sims, and one of the best was in front of my nose. I haven't say that Elite Dangerous in VR is not good, or that Star Citizen is no good, but for one ship price in SC (and I have spend a lot more) I have bought finished amazing product, and much more.
But one good thing is that in other sim's i have found out how to setup HOSAS, and now I have build HOSAS with Throttle (2 Virpil Deltas(Alpha is on the way) + Throttle and TrackIR + Voice Attack) and I must say that game immersion is something that I can't describe.
Just enjoying in game, hope that guys will keep good work, will never abandon them again, so sorry EGOSOFT, and sorry community that I have write this...

BR from Croatia

CMDR GWitch
Welcome :)
When you complete the PHQ missions, setup a venture dock also and join the ventures part of the game. Might not be "true online", but feels more alive seen other people's ships wandering around your own game. :D

Also the more you get to understand the economy, the more you will realise how hollow on that part games like Elite is and how powerfull the production and supply & demand are in X4 :)

GWitch
x4

Post by GWitch » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 08:56

Panos wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 22:52
GWitch wrote:

BR from Croatia

CMDR GWitch
When you complete the PHQ missions, setup a venture dock also and join the ventures part of the game. Might not be "true online", but feels more alive seen other people's ships wandering around your own game. :D

Also the more you get to understand the economy, the more you will realise how hollow on that part games like Elite is and how powerfull the production and supply & demand are in X4 :)
Tnx to all :)

And now one Q: about Beta

Do the PHQ missions work in Beta version of game, or I must downgrade to Live Version.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 10:03

they work

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 11:29

I have voice attack but don't know how to configure it properly.
Do you have your profile to share? Is it on English?

GWitch
x4

Post by GWitch » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 12:50

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 19. Jan 20, 11:29
yes it is on english, but U have to teach your machine to learn your voice (voice training)
It's no to hard.
U can record command by command in voice attack settings ex. "open comms" and record that command with your voice and then make settings so the VA press key "C"
Don't know if u'r computer will understand my recorded sounds (it's a bit accent :) )
But offcourse I can send U my X4 profile (Make X4 my self and have "HCS VoicePacks collection" for ED, NMS and SC) if U want, but as I say is the best if u record own sounds for specific commands and key pres

BR

CMDR Gwitch

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 12:59

Shuulo wrote:
please make a video how that looks? :D

like you shout fire fire fire!?! or :gruebel:

if it look like this I getting one: https://youtu.be/9kBMscW_dVg?t=459
:lol:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 13:20

I made a VoiceMacro profile I can share if interested. That’s a free alternative to VoiceAttack.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 16:40

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 19. Jan 20, 12:59
Shuulo wrote:
please make a video how that looks? :D

like you shout fire fire fire!?! or :gruebel:

if it look like this I getting one: https://youtu.be/9kBMscW_dVg?t=459
:lol:
Lol, funny video )
No, I used it heavily with elite dangerouse, especially during combat to manage power distribution, it's so much faster than doing it manually, like "full shields", or "equal power" etc.
I imagine I'll make it to switch through modes, saying like "travel" or "scan sector" that will switch to scan mode then hold the R key for best results and turn off the scan mode afterwards.
Will also bound countermeasures to "flare" o guess.

There are crazy things you can do with it really.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 21:15

Voice control truly is incredibly powerful. It deserves more attention, especially as speech recognition engines are so good now.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

GWitch
x4

Post by GWitch » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 22:09

Lol, funny video )
No, I used it heavily with elite dangerouse, especially during combat to manage power distribution, it's so much faster than doing it manually, like "full shields", or "equal power" etc.
I imagine I'll make it to switch through modes, saying like "travel" or "scan sector" that will switch to scan mode then hold the R key for best results and turn off the scan mode afterwards.
Will also bound countermeasures to "flare" o guess.

There are crazy things you can do with it really.

This macros for Elite allready exist in form of HCS Voice packs (addon to Voice Attack) for Elite, NMS and SC.
So U say "scan sector" and Macro do all the things, enable Scan mode, scan sector and then return to Combat mode.
Or when U say "Red Alert" Combat mode is engaged, power is distributed to weapons and shields.
U can do unlimited macros and unlimited things in Voice Attack or maybe some other macro voice controled software, and then just record U own voice commands so the recognition is above 80%
It's really so much gadget and software now in gaming industry to help player

I remember when I try to put together x and y tracking for controler made out from 2 old speaker potentiometer :) on Amiga 500+ :)

OWL282820
x4

Post by OWL282820 » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 18:43

Panos wrote:
Sat, 18. Jan 20, 22:52
GWitch wrote:

BR from Croatia

CMDR GWitch

I also have two Virpil Alphas, but I'm an old fart and my brain isn't as agile as it used to be. I don't suppose you have a diagram of your HOSAS setup you could send me. HOSAS users in X4 seem to be a rare thing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 20:26

@ OWL282820: You could maybe try a PM to GWitch, but this is a 3+ year dormant thread about a totally different beta and Gwitch hasn't been active on the forums since back then.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”