Question: running the game on background and sounds

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Question: running the game on background and sounds

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 02:21

Hi!

I'm currently running the game on borderless window so I can still look at the stuff running in my second monitor while playing X4.

However, as soon as I interact with the second monitor, I lose the game sounds.

This is fine in most case, but I currently would like to keep the audio of the game while doing other tasks. Are there ways to do this?

My OS is windows 7, in case this is relevant.

Thanks!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: Question: running the game on background and sounds

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 03:09

Yes! I also want background sound feature, I often watch other things leaving the game with SETA active and I would like to avoid being killed by Xenon while I'm looking at something else!

Please implement this! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Question: running the game on background and sounds

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 03:26

In my case, I just started classes in programming, and practicing C coding is much more enjoyable when you can watch ships take off from a carrier.

I guess I could just code on my laptop in front of my gaming rig, though. :)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations”