My X4 Super City / Complex - Patch 2.6x

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doomdog19
x3tc

My X4 Super City / Complex - Patch 2.6x

Post by Doomdog19 » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 16:53

Good morning,

Some folks may have seen it when I figured out how to stream X4. Well, I present to you, my super city.

https://i.imgur.com/PMvPHFo.png

https://i.imgur.com/nPh3k2v.png

https://i.imgur.com/qFt1sE9.png

Here's a video if you want to see that: https://youtu.be/7l14kyOmxhs

This city is comprised of six layers of production modules and 10 rows of storage. Please see below for statistics and Logical Overview(These are in no specific order. I just wrote down what I saw first):

- 30 Energy Cells
- 1 Superfluid Coolant
- 12 Graphene
- 2 Antimatter Cells
- 8 Microchips
- 5 Quantum Tubes
- 18 Plasma Conductors
- 14 Advanced Electronics
- 2 Drone Components
- 3 Turret Components
- 3 Shield Components
- 30 Weapon Components
- 3 Antimatter Converters
- 3 Field Coils
- 2 S/M Ship Fabrication Bays
- 1 Missle Components
- 33 Refined Metals
- 20 Silicon Wafers
- 18 Engine Parts
- 40 Hull Parts
- 6 Scanning Arrays
- 14 Smart Chips
- 3 Advanced Composites
- 9 Meat (ARG)
- 5 Spices
- 5 Wheat (ARG)
- 13 Water
- 19 Food Rations (ARG)
- 35 Medical Supplies (ARG)
- 3051 Drones
- 32,090 Workers (Optimal 53,040 - Working on getting here. Takes a long time to get population)

Possible Asked Questions:

How did I plan this?
- There was no planning lol. I originally wanted to just take the sector to own it and build a station or two... Then that turned into "I'm going to make a city.... A super city!"

Did you use SETA?
- No.

Why didn't you use SETA?
- I used SETA all the time in X3. Though, in X4, it has been quite enjoyable not having SETA. I kick off a day build at a time, go to sleep, or play other games in the background, and wake up to seeing progress on it. This has been fun to me. Seeing something go according to plan over night / weeks.

What's your FPS?
- Not in sector, 60 FPS. In sector, 55-ish FPS. Near city, I think 25 or 30.

Do you stream this?
- Ehh.... I'm not consistent when I stream. Kind of turn on the stream when i want to and I don't exclusively play X4 either.

Are you still building onto it?
- Yeah, I don't think I'll stop building onto this thing. Trying not to jack up the top side. As, after thinking on this part of the build for 2 or 3 weeks now, I don't want to mess up the view from the top.

If there's other questions, I'll do my best to answer them but man. X4 is fun. I used to be all combat 24/7 in X3:TC but not in X4. I'm just enjoying building things. About to expand into another sector just because I can. I'm enjoying this Egosoft. I really am. Thank you

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

wasted90
x4

Re: My X4 Super City / Complex - Patch 2.6x

Post by wasted90 » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 18:55

wow good job :thumb_up:

how long (ingame time) are you building it?
can you tell how much money you put into your city?
what is the aprox profitsss/ hour?

nice to hear you too play without seta, i also didnt need it, its good to have it optional

Doomdog19
x3tc

Re: My X4 Super City / Complex - Patch 2.6x

Post by Doomdog19 » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 19:38

wasted90 wrote:
Sun, 19. Jan 20, 18:55
wow good job :thumb_up:

how long (ingame time) are you building it?
can you tell how much money you put into your city?
what is the aprox profitsss/ hour?

nice to hear you too play without seta, i also didnt need it, its good to have it optional
1) When I first started, almost 30 days straight. Since then, I've lost count, as it's been off and on. Get distracted flying around or stopping XEN somewhere. Whenever I'm playing X, I'm normally adding something onto it. GOG says I have 1,336H logged in X4, save file has 55 days logged according to Statistics tab. Only been playing 1 save file since 2.4 or 2.5, don't remember which patch. Also, this is not turning off the game except to upload my save file to GOG cloud every 12 - 20 hours. 5 minute process. After it's uploaded, I relaunch game. As this was crucial when I was first starting out, I barely made money. So, it was essential to leave the game running nonstop since I don't use SETA.

2) I couldn't tell you a truthful answer. If you took the blueprint and try to build it, the game says it'll cost 750M to build from scratch. A good 80% of my game time since starting building this station, it's always having something new added to it.

3) Right now, hovering between 250 - 400M/hour.

Return to “X4: Foundations”