Firering an NPC = total desintegration of NPC?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Firering an NPC = total desintegration of NPC?

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 14:28

Hi, when a player fires an NPC, does that NPC completly disapear from existance?

I was in a small ship of mine and was waiting outisde of it for the NPC because I was doing a test where I thought if I fire him I could then assign him to a different ship.

Turns out as soon as I fired him he simply vanish, pooof !!! As if he never existed.

I was expecting that NPC to simply walkout and just walk around the station, going where jobless NPCs usually stand around, talking bad about their previous employer, .... In some kind of Looking-for-hire type of office.

Couldn't this be done in a future X4 plan?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Firering an NPC = total desintegration of NPC?

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 19:17

Currently jobless or generic station workers are spawned on demand and despawn when the player leaves their proximity. This is needed to keep resource usage reasonable.

Fired people generally up and poof to avoid standing around or being forever on a ship that never docks or other such issues. This is usually not an issue as most firing is done remotely.

That said it would be nice if firing was more graceful. For example firing a captain has the captain stand up and walk away to the ship transporter room before despawning inside that.

Return to “X4: Foundations”