What if: firering an NPC with a default behavior already set?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

What if: firering an NPC with a default behavior already set?

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 14:34

What if you had an NPC with an already set default behavior (like AutoTrade, Expert Mine or anything requiring a certain level of experience from the NPC) and you fired him:

1) If another NCP is on board taking his place, woudl that behavior stay?

2) If there weren't any other NPC onboard, by the time you had hire a new one, would that default behavior still stay?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Waltz99
x4

Re: What if: firering an NPC with a default behavior already set?

Post by Waltz99 » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 11:56

if you set a behavior, the command is given to the pilote.
So if you fire the pilote then you will have to set the behavior again once a new pilote took his place.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 12:17

no, the behaviour stays, I do it all the time to exchange pilots from miners to autotraders and the default behaviour stays

you can do it with autotraders to put lower star pilot but he will have 0 sectors range if lower then 3 stars
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 12:24

Thats weird because I do have to reset the default behavior when firing the pilote.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 12:33

I have a problem over the definition of terms used in the game about this. To me, a default behaviour is what would always apply if the player gives no other order. So a new ship and pilot would be delivered with an inherent default behaviour that might depend entirely upon ship type and/or to whom it is assigned.

If you have to set or reset it to get what you want, then that is a set behaviour and not a default behaviour. Maybe that's just me splitting hairs though! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 12:34

I dont fire him but tell him to work somewhere else, maybe that's the difference
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations”