What if: game start where you are on Xenon side with already built stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

What if: game start where you are on Xenon side with already built stations

Post by Browser_ice » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 14:38

What if there was a game start where you start on the Xenon side and you have already built stations, would people be interested in this scenario?

All stations and you would be considered as Xenon and would be there to have somekind of economy for you to live in and use.

It would be cool to see all station NPCs of those station as being somekind of borgs or maybe with just a different uniform.

I always wanted a role where I am the bad guy and am with the biggest bad guy too.

Could that be done in a future X4 release?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

mr.WHO
x4

Re: What if: game start where you are on Xenon side with already built stations

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 16:36

This would be definetly something new and fresh, but it would require some more Xenon ships, stations, economy and interiors (even if you're not humanoid we can say you're floating drone/CPU).
You could even have no psyhical body, but just download yourself to other ships (aka teleporter from the start).

Same fun would be with Khaak gamestart.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 18:26

Yea it would be cool seeing drones traveling around on the station instead of humanoids. I hadn't thought of that. Thx for the idea.

Also thx for the idea of downloading yourself to the ship. But to stick with the reality of this, you couldn't make a copy of yourself to a server and have it activated once your main active program version of yourself gets erased in an explosion.

The owned shipyard and yards would have to be able to build Xenon ships OR the current shipyards/yards of Xenons would be the only one allowed to build true Xenon ships. Yours would build any other kind of ships based on reverse engineering those that you had captured.

We don't have to wait for Egosoft to have this done. The MOD community could do it.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 19:43

Browser_ice wrote:
Fri, 24. Jan 20, 14:38
It would be cool to see all station NPCs of those station as being somekind of borgs or maybe with just a different uniform.
No, please no! I utterly despise it when franchises anthropomorphize awesome "tech" enemies (Hi, StarGate human replicators :rant: ) just to give them a "face" the humans can interact with, it takes away a huge part of the mystery, strangeness and "coldness" these tech enemies have.

What could be done is having actual NON-human-shaped robots and computers as "npcs"... robot-like drones are already a part of the X lore so it wouldn't be unrealistic if Xenon had smaller robot drone units inside stations performing maintenance work or accessing computer terminals to initialize a dialogue with the stations cargo bay (aka "trading manager"). When visiting a station in X-rebirth you could sometimes see a robot driving around and fixing a wall... that kind of thing would be ok, but human-shaped cyborgs... please no!

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 22:35

Any one who has had a bad back, sore neck, tooth ache knows the Human form is flawed. And is badly designed.
Why would the Xenon copy our failings, They would be spherical, with retractable appendages. If indeed they have a form! Theoretical transient wave forms are more their thing if they have any good sense.

I now have a robot vacuum cleaner, it is stupid. Bumping into stuff, and can not get into the corners. Us Humans are just as inept.

To start as an Xenon, in the game is silly. A Human pretending to be a clever higher being! What nonsense. We cannot manage our own home world, let alone get on with our neighbours !

What chance has a Human got of integrating into a hive, Zero, Zip, Nil, Not a shi? show.

Be happy to be a fumbling Human fool like the rest of us !

Return to “X4: Foundations”