Bug reporting.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Guffrus
x3ap

Re: Bug reporting.

Post by Guffrus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 01:04

Please feel free not to read or contribute to the thread, i truly could not care less what you think.

If you have a different idea then make your own thread, you arent welcome here.

Guffrus
x3ap

Post by Guffrus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 01:19

I am getting the impression that there is going to be an endless stream of degenerates who want to chime in with their nonsense so let me try to preempt the rest of you by saying that this thread is both bug reporting and my own feedback on the game as i go, so the developer can understand what is happening for their customers and use that information to make the game better for everyone.

Please do not reply to this thread, its not for you, its nothing to do with you and i dont care what you think.

So please go away and mind your own business.

Thank you.

Guffrus
x3ap

Post by Guffrus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 01:47

So Im not quite sure what has gone on with this station building cost problem.

The builder certainly seems to have dismantled the entire module and then rebuilt it instead of just adding the pieces and when that happened i was billed again i would imagine the full cost of building it but i think it might only have been temporary. Im not sure i actually had to pay the money in the end. I think what happened was that the ingredients were returned to my stores and then used again so its not so much an I am being charged too much problem its an i am being given bad information problem.

Also worth noting though is that the energy cells were returned to me and while in this circumstance that is correct because i guess in the 'real world' of the game the module hasnt been dismantled you are probably doing that for some coding reason and replacing it with a new module with a different specification instead of changing the existing one for whatever reason. Now i dont know enough about programming to know if thats the right thing to do on the back end or not and as a player i dont care it makes no difference to me how you achieve that SO LONG AS I am being given information which makes sense to me at the front end. I shouldnt be getting feedback from the game that the module is being dismantled and rebuilt because the illusion you are supposed to be creating is that the turrets are just being added.

But about the energy cells, what i wanted to say about that and i appreciate that i dont know how it works and maybe you thought of this already and its not a problem but if i were actually dismantling that module and then rebuilding it somewhere else in that scenario i should not be getting back the energy cells, in anything i should be paying more cells both to dismantle it and then remake it.

Another thing about buidling which is not clear to me is how much i am paying to have the station built, it seems to be free but that doesnt seem right, at least i am not paying for it when i am assigning the builder but there seems to be a non resources related cost in the gathering phase, is that how the builder gets their cut?

Guffrus
x3ap

Post by Guffrus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:30

Just tried to change a large trade ship from trader supply building at the grand exchange station which you are given to a regular trade group with the left box controls in the map screen and it crashed that interface, that is now locked and sort of flashing and spazing out, i am able to exit map and do other things normally i think, i didnt try doing much but the problem seems localised to that information box.

Having alt tabbed out of the game and back in it was completely broken i had to restart steam to get back into the game.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:48

Please note my forum moderator title before you reply hastily. This is a public forum and you do not decide who posts or not in your thread. If other people break the forum rules then a moderator will step in on behalf of yourself and/or the forum. On that note, please do not insult other posters or that can get the thread locked just in itself.

Just some further practical advice, the devs do not tend to even read threads like this. They do not have the time or inclination to read or follow long multi-topic threads covering different dev areas and are probably further deterred by unnecessary disparaging remarks about their work. Feedback needs to be concise and dispassionate, whereas bug reports need to be in the Tech Sp forum with a single topic per thread that is clearly identified in the thread title and each backed by supporting information with ideally a link to a vanilla save showing the issue so allowing the devs to quickly replicate it on their systems.

I hope that helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Guffrus
x3ap

Post by Guffrus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 18:02

Delete it then, ill stop wasting my time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 18:56

We don't delete threads, but I'll lock it for you to save it getting further comments.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”