How to automate delivery?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HBK
x4

How to automate delivery?

Post by HBK » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:31

I’m at the end of a plot (or close to it) and I need to deliver a ridonculous amount of goods to a zero CR buying station.

How can I automate that? I can’t figure out a way to do it (without spending the next year organizing drops one move order at a time).

TonyEvans
x4

Re: How to automate delivery?

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:49

HBK wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:31
I’m at the end of a plot (or close to it) and I need to deliver a ridonculous amount of goods to a zero CR buying station.

How can I automate that? I can’t figure out a way to do it (without spending the next year organizing drops one move order at a time).
Which Plot? Is the station an NPC? If so - it should have an unlimited amount of credits. I'd set up an auto trader, set that sector as its Anchor space, max gates to sell to Zero and max gates to buy to Max. If there's multiple wares, have it focus on one at a time and keep an eye on it, or set up multiple Traders, one for each ware.

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 09:41

TonyEvans wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:49
Which Plot? Is the station an NPC? If so - it should have an unlimited amount of credits. I'd set up an auto trader, set that sector as its Anchor space, max gates to sell to Zero and max gates to buy to Max. If there's multiple wares, have it focus on one at a time and keep an eye on it, or set up multiple Traders, one for each ware.
Paranid. Station buys at zero credits. I’m pretty sure no trader will sell to it.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 10:04

HBK wrote:

In the vanilla game, you cannot. This is why I keep ranting about the UI.

Just buy some L freighters and get used to dragging that trade slider for a while.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:37

Ahhh, okay.

One of the Incarcatuas has the highest Cargo space of all L freighters (even Teladi, which I thought was weird since they're all about profitsss).

A couple of those might steam things along.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:19

HBK wrote:

Are you on the split plot by chance?

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=423895

This has to be a bug. There's no way they can expect us to deliver that many items manually. It would take days of slider dragging to do it.

EDIT: Just read you were on the paranid plot. Is it as bad as the split plot delivery mission?

If this is intended by design then we need some form of automation.

22,222,222 items to deliver.
Let's say we deliver 2000 at a time and it takes 30 seconds to order the command.
That's 92 hours of slider dragging, 92 hours. No?

((22,222,222 / 2000) / 120 per hour) = 92.59 hours

Further edit: With this craziness and the unfinished faction text, I have to wonder whether the DLC is unfinished.
Surely someone playtested this?

Even further edit: Turns out you can get ships to carry 27,000 or so at a time resulting in around 800 trips, not 11,000.
Still, that's about 7 hours of solid slider dragging assuming 30 seconds per trade.
Last edited by Matthew94 on Sun, 5. Apr 20, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 02:20

this is obisiously too much to manually send by freighter.
You are supposed to build factories for these products there, its a long term goal.

But be aware, that once its done these factories will probably stop generating Profitssssss

HBK
x4

Post by HBK » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:21

Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:19
HBK wrote:

Are you on the split plot by chance?

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=423895

This has to be a bug. There's no way they can expect us to deliver that many items manually. It would take days of slider dragging to do it.

EDIT: Just read you were on the paranid plot. Is it as bad as the split plot delivery mission?

If this is intended by design then we need some form of automation.

22,222,222 items to deliver.
Let's say we deliver 2000 at a time and it takes 30 seconds to order the command.
That's 92 hours of slider dragging, 92 hours. No?

((22,222,222 / 2000) / 120 per hour) = 92.59 hours

Further edit: With this craziness and the unfinished faction text, I have to wonder whether the DLC is unfinished.
Surely someone playtested this?
It’s smaller numbers than that, but of pretty much every ware in the galaxy (it’s not every ware, but a lot of different wares, including illegal ones, like I’m not sure if I remember the numbers right, but 33k spacefuel, 666k hull parts, etc).

Edit: They’ll probably add some delivery commands in later patches. If not, then there’s no way I’ll spend the new year manually ordering freighters, CoViD lockdown or not.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:53

IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 02:20
this is obisiously too much to manually send by freighter.
You are supposed to build factories for these products there, its a long term goal.

But be aware, that once its done these factories will probably stop generating Profitssssss
The stations don't pay for the items so factories won't sell to them. It has to be done manually.

I wonder if anyone has finished the Split plot when allied with FRF and if they could chime in on this issue.

HBK wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:21
Edit: They’ll probably add some delivery commands in later patches. If not, then there’s no way I’ll spend the new year manually ordering freighters, CoViD lockdown or not.
Same here, I'm going to stop playing until it's fixed.

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:38

worst case you can always edit your savegame :roll:

but i am pretty sure that this mission isnt meant to be done fast, like you cant change a quarter of the universe in like one hour :-)

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:41

IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:38
worst case you can always edit your savegame :roll:

but i am pretty sure that this mission isnt meant to be done fast, like you cant change a quarter of the universe in like one hour :-)
Be that as it may, taking a long time doesn't have to give the player an RSI in the process.
***modified***

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:56

well i am sure you have other stuff to do in your universe than do this mission for the time being.

If its that broken i am sure there will be a patch soon. Like Logistics Software from X3 where you could automate delivery.
Or possibility to make Trade with x number of ships at the same time, in Example being able to buy 100.000 hull parts with one slider.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:59

i usually upgrade my trade freighters to L size just to reduce how much input i have to do :)

I haven't messed around with Distribute Wares in a long time, but shouldn't it work in this situation?
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 16:02

IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:56
well i am sure you have other stuff to do in your universe than do this mission for the time being.

If its that broken i am sure there will be a patch soon. Like Logistics Software from X3 where you could automate delivery.
Or possibility to make Trade with x number of ships at the same time, in Example being able to buy 100.000 hull parts with one slider.
Like I said above, with a normal L freighter this is going to take 11,000 individual trade runs for the 22,222,222 missile components.

(EDIT: With the largest L freighter this is now a "mere" ~850 deliveries which can be done in "only" seven hours of slider-dragging assuming 30 seconds per trade.)

All of these have to be done manually.
There's also another 2 million weapon components to be delivered too.

Producing the wares isn't the issue at all, delivering them is.
I never did the hub plot in X3 but at least you could use CLS for it.
Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:59
I haven't messed around with Distribute Wares in a long time, but shouldn't it work in this situation?
I was under the impression that Distribute Wares just gets the trader to sell whatever cargo it has to anyone at any price.
IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:56
I've been calling for that, and similar UI features, for ages now.
That would also solve the issue.
I could easily set up a massive trading fleet and build a bunch of stations in parallel and have the whole thing solved in no time if that was the case.

Return to “X4: Foundations”