Sounds like a bug: extremely low spawn rate

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CaptBogdan

Sounds like a bug: extremely low spawn rate

Post by CaptBogdan » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 16:25

I got yesterday a mission, to kill 7 kha'ak ships.

I flew around for... like 4 hours I think. I had to manually re-activate the mission after I was flying around to destinations I set within system, but I got that thing.
First enemies spawned quickly, like a few minutes. But then, waiting and waiting and waiting, I meant wtf ? I think I flew around for more 45 minutes or something, just to see some Xenon or something else that didn't even matter for the mission.
And then it took again like dozens of minutes till the next encounter. In the end I had to go to sleep. I mean really, what's wrong with this game ?

Freelancer had it simple: get this mission, go there, kill them. It needs to have a more realtime rate, I can't grow a beard while waiting to finish a mission. While in enemy territory, you could expect constant harrassment from waves of enemies.
Even EvE did it correctly. Go to the mission place, acceleration gate, and then enemies spawn. Here, nope. This is disappointing for the amount of money spent on the game.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Sounds like a bug: extremely low spawn rate

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 16:48

My way of doing these quests: accept all, do them as sidequests (read: not pursue them actively). In X4, there are no mission spawns anymore (thankfully).

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:56

That's because they don't spawn. Well, the Kha'ak do, but not for your mission's sake. The enemies (and neutral ships) that you do meet at the outskirts of a sector aren't spawned, they're teleported from somewhere else. Each such encounter is random - you may meet pirates, miners, Xenon, Kha'ak, or a combination thereof.
If you want to quickly find specific enemies, go where you're likely to do so.

CaptBogdan

Post by CaptBogdan » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:03

radcapricorn wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:56
That's because they don't spawn. Well, the Kha'ak do, but not for your mission's sake. The enemies (and neutral ships) that you do meet at the outskirts of a sector aren't spawned, they're teleported from somewhere else. Each such encounter is random - you may meet pirates, miners, Xenon, Kha'ak, or a combination thereof.
If you want to quickly find specific enemies, go where you're likely to do so.
But if I go to another sector then probably that wouldn't register as a kill for mission.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:06

If the mission says specifically "in this sector", then yup, it won't.

CaptBogdan

Post by CaptBogdan » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:30

chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 16:48
My way of doing these quests: accept all, do them as sidequests (read: not pursue them actively). In X4, there are no mission spawns anymore (thankfully).
This is a great advice. Kinda like I used to do with bounties in Destiny 2. But, what does it happen if I fail a mission ? How much rep do I lose ?

Return to “X4: Foundations”