Crystal Mining in Split Sectors?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TonyEvans
x4

Crystal Mining in Split Sectors?

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:10

I've been going through all the asteroid fields I can find, and I can't seem to find a single asteroid with crystals on it. Got a couple S and M miners up and running, but I was hoping to goost some credit income while those worked.
Is there a sector people have had more success at in finding crystals? Or, under the graphics setting, a color correction mode that might make the flashes easier to see? ( Using Experimental myself, right now)

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Crystal Mining in Split Sectors?

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:31

Ah, you may or may not know, but the number of crystals was reduced dramatically in the recent update so as not to make any initial money generation technique better than any others. -I used to find my crystals in Second Contact (can't remember which, but I think it had a superhighway through the asteroid belt,) but I seldom see a flash of crystal now, wherever I may be.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:36

Gavrushka wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:31
Ah, you may or may not know, but the number of crystals was reduced dramatically in the recent update so as not to make any initial money generation technique better than any others. -I used to find my crystals in Second Contact (can't remember which, but I think it had a superhighway through the asteroid belt,) but I seldom see a flash of crystal now, wherever I may be.
Ahh, yeah. Much like a "take your car into the mechanic for an issue" thing, a few minutes after I posted I was flying and found 2 asteroids with crystals on em. Kinda like they knew.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:19

I wouldn’t bother with crystals anymore. It’s been needed to the point that it may as well not be in the game.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:29

CaptainRAVE wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:19
I wouldn’t bother with crystals anymore. It’s been needed to the point that it may as well not be in the game.
I'd agree. But, I was also hunting em down to get Unstable crystals (need 30, for 2 quests) and for the HAT plot

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:33

TonyEvans wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:29
CaptainRAVE wrote:
I'd agree. But, I was also hunting em down to get Unstable crystals (need 30, for 2 quests) and for the HAT plot
Your lucky to find any!

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 02:53

TonyEvans wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:29
CaptainRAVE wrote:
I've had good luck just being able to buy them at the
Spoiler
Show
HAT Free port in Silent Witness XI
Never seen them with 30 at once, but I've seen 5-15.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 03:08

Find a lot of crystals in Faulty Logic I
Spoiler
Show
and while your at it might as well cruise on over to Faulty Logic VII and grab the free Odysseus ship as well.
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:44

I get my Unstable Crystals from Fighting
didnt do any Crystal Hunting in Asteroid Fields since i started playing (just some occassional if i saw one blinking by chance)
Spoiler
Show
Set up a Fleet in Front of a Xenon Sector's Jumpgate and put an S Scout on your Carrier.
Every 5 - 10 Minutes send that Scout out to Collect Drops (issue Default Order to dock and wait with Carrier)

boom, that fleet actually generating money

Return to “X4: Foundations”