[3.0] Very Dissapointed! X4 is killed!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sundernet
x4

[3.0] Very Dissapointed! X4 is killed!

Post by sundernet » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:45

over my 350h of gameplay that i enjoy every aspect of this game up to 2.60 were really alright
Seaminglessly potential on the tactical map, where models woren't projected for each vessel!
Ease of access for options, informations and all the menu management!
With framerate still bareable to 45

With the upcoming 3.0 THE X4: FOUNDATIONS IS KILLED!!!!!

EGOSOFT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?=!?!?!?!

First Stab that killed this game: First 10 seconds of gameplay loading a save file of my newest save i notice the HORRIBLE MENU SHAKE because the station was under attack! REALLY? ARE WE BLIND THAT MUCH? i don't think so! Such effects were intended for REBIRTH!!!!!! Where is rebirth now?! IT'S BEHIND! Thanks for bringing this aspect to the game that made me literaly stop playing!

Second Stab in this project: is the tactical map! the overal performance of this update compared to 2.60 is significally dropped! because they added icons to the stations, text and stuff sharpened PLUS the very dowpart of them all Model Projection of all the vessels!!! it's completely umplayable!

Third Stab that killed this game: Those Awful human models that wore created in 3 minutes (as if i don't give an inch about these models) and throwen there in the game! you didn't liked the old models for some reason? instead of altering the specifications of the game in order to improve Frames Per Second?

Forth disadvantage of this game: Freighters/workes in idle waiting for an opportunity to trade or demands are highlighted on the tactical map with a... guess what? A HUGE QUESTION MARK! Yes we all grow older not to see a question mark on the map! But was it really necessay? instead of letting it pemanetly off so they can wait/resume trading after a certian time? No, they wanted to put this Brain scratching bug! Not to mention that HUGE CROSS for Single targets selected! That's Rebirth style!

Fifth Annoying Stab, worse of them all: Did you notice that now you can't manage dogfights with ease on the tactical map? No? Because they altered the fight system on the tactical map, so now, send 3 behemoths to fight 2 Ks, they'll be dead before they can actually shoot!

Seriously i was so happy and was really a cool game until 3.0 came, we need now to increase our budget to get either e new PC or a new GPU in order to meet the MINIMUL requirements for 3.0!

These are just the primary disadvantages about the 3.0 that made me uninstall the game completely!
This project is more and more pointing towards X:Rebirth!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Matthew94
xr

Re: [3.0] Very Dissapointed! X4 is killed!

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:58

This is the first time I've seen someone say 3.0 is a step back from 2.6.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:59

Wait you're expecting 2 Behemoths to have even a chance against 3 K?

3.0 has different balance, deal with it.

The other stuff I won't comment on since the performance issues are not a thing on my end.

The map has been given more options and you can toggle a lot of stuff...so if you are having trouble just try disabling a few unnecessary things...

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:07

sundernet wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:45

Second Stab in this project: is the tactical map! the overal performance of this update compared to 2.60 is significally dropped! because they added icons to the stations, text and stuff sharpened PLUS the very dowpart of them all Model Projection of all the vessels!!! it's completely umplayable!
On this note, if the 3D elements of the map can a reduction in FPS it'd be nice to have an option only to show ship icons. I need every frame I can get.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:35

Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:07
sundernet wrote:

On this note, if the 3D elements of the map can a reduction in FPS it'd be nice to have an option only to show ship icons. I need every frame I can get.
Most performance in map mode is gained by disabling layers of info that are not necessary for you.

Some you could probably turn off and won't miss:

Shipwrecks
Target-lines
Eliptics

If you don't specifically need wares information on your screen I HIGHLY recommend turning it off or limiting it, it frees up a TON of performance and you can toggle your saved settings with a single click.

For example personally while letting my empire run and doing personal action ALL I will show on my map are mission offers for stations...that's it.

Also the 3D models in the map shouldn't affect your performance much unless your GPU is super bandwidth starved which would probably mean it's below spec ^^;

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:41

Shehriazad wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:35
Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:07
sundernet wrote:

Most performance in map mode is gained by disabling layers of info that are not necessary for you.

Some you could probably turn off and won't miss:

Shipwrecks
Target-lines
Eliptics

If you don't specifically need wares information on your screen I HIGHLY recommend turning it off or limiting it, it frees up a TON of performance and you can toggle your saved settings with a single click.

For example personally while letting my empire run and doing personal action ALL I will show on my map are mission offers for stations...that's it.

Also the 3D models in the map shouldn't affect your performance much unless your GPU is super bandwidth starved which would probably mean it's below spec ^^;
I do have most of those things turned off and an RX 580 GPU.
It could be that my empire is too big.
I have ~140 stations and probably a few thousand ships at this point.

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:52

must be a joke right?
2 Behemoths VS against 3 K?

you know why they called "destroyer" class right even stations getting wracked now by a single K
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:56

sundernet wrote:
...framerate...

How long did it take you before coming here to post about performance? In the 1st instance, it takes time (quite a long time for me and at least one other player I know - an hour and more) for the framerate to settle, especially in the map. - Afterwards, the game really is far smoother than it's ever been, despite the additional load Split Vendetta must make. Be patient and the framerate will improve. But if you're not, I hope you do find a game that doesn't send you apoplectic!

And, yeah, 2 Behemoths against 3 K? That's like giving a sailor a spoon and telling him to pump out the bilges. :doh:
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:57

Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:41

I do have most of those things turned off and an RX 580 GPU.
It could be that my empire is too big.
I have ~140 stations and probably a few thousand ships at this point.

Yeah a PC that can handle that properly has yet to be invented.
Actual city builders generally have less going on in their game than you do at this point.
I think at that scale Egosoft cannot really be blamed anymore for any performance issues that may arise XD

Don't forget that on your thousands of ships you have tens to hundreds of thousands of crew as well (unless you have them all with just a captain).

I do wonder how gameplay is like at that level. I have no aspirations to go that far but it certainly sounds messy and interesting to have a fleet that is more numerous than all factions combined.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:20

Strange. Op, your experience seems completely different to mine.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 01:09

Oh boy, just wait until you want to level your pilots.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:01

sundernet wrote:
First Stab that killed this game: First 10 seconds of gameplay loading a save file of my newest save i notice the HORRIBLE MENU SHAKE because the station was under attack! REALLY? ARE WE BLIND THAT MUCH? i don't think so! Such effects were intended for REBIRTH!!!!!! Where is rebirth now?! IT'S BEHIND! Thanks for bringing this aspect to the game that made me literaly stop playing!
The UI shaking issue was mentioned in the beta forums some time ago, i'm not sure if that's intended but i doubt that. Perhaps you could give some constructive feedback or even a bug report there, or do it in the technical support forums, since ( i guess ) you're using the 3.0 release version.
You can disable a lot of display options in the maps filter settings (top right icons on the map menu) in order to improve performance (Disable "show orders", disable "show allied orders", disable "ecliptic lines", disable "wrecks"). Also, text- and icon sharpness should not have an effect on performance.
Forth disadvantage of this game: Freighters/workes in idle waiting for an opportunity to trade or demands are highlighted on the tactical map with a... guess what? A HUGE QUESTION MARK! Yes we all grow older not to see a question mark on the map!
As far as i know the huge-questionmark-bug should be fixed, since i had this bug during the beta and it's gone since 3.0 released. If you still experience this, please make a bug report in the technical support forums.
Not to mention that HUGE CROSS for Single targets selected! That's Rebirth style!
You can disable that in the maps filter settings (Filter settings -> Other filters -> Misc -> Selection lines)
Fifth Annoying Stab, worse of them all: Did you notice that now you can't manage dogfights with ease on the tactical map? No? Because they altered the fight system on the tactical map, so now, send 3 behemoths to fight 2 Ks, they'll be dead before they can actually shoot!
How was the tactical map combat system better in 2.6 than in 3.0, how did you "manage dogfights with ease" with 2.6 but are unable to do so now? Please give some examples, did they change controls, did some menu change for the worse? Or do you mean combat calculations for sectors that the player is not in got changed for the worse?

And the reason for your Behemoths losing is because the Xenon got severely powered up with 3.0, you need more than just 3 L-sized Behemoths to fight 2 XL-sized Ks. Probably like 4~6, depending on equipped weapons, focus fire and flight paths.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:09

Matthew94 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:58
This is the first time I've seen someone say 3.0 is a step back from 2.6.
It was a Step Back and then 2 Steps forward ;) Sometimes you need to step back to make even a better update and game and they did that honestly :)

That being said Leveling Crew that was about 10 steps back from the already 5 steps back they felt to begin with.

Frenchie2403
x4

Post by Frenchie2403 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:35

Is this a joke? 3.0 is an improvement in almost every way. I personally haven't had any fps issues and I think you're being a bit fussy with some of these issues tbh.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:25

Frenchie2403 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:35
Is this a joke? 3.0 is an improvement in almost every way. I personally haven't had any fps issues and I think you're being a bit fussy with some of these issues tbh.
I agree. I love what I've seen in 3.0.
Those NPC character models tho….. :oops:
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:39

Artean wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:20
Yeah apparently so, I believe he plays a different game. :lol:

sundernet
x4

Post by sundernet » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:25

Panos wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:39
Artean wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:20
Yeah apparently so, I believe he plays a different game. :lol:
I play the same game with 350+H of gameplay_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SATISFIED!??!?!?!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:27

I think you forgot a "?!" there on the left ...

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 03:27

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:27
I think you forgot a "?!" there on the left ...
:lol:

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 02:36

sundernet wrote:
While map performance has always been a weak point, I can't say I've noticed much of a difference compared to earlier versions. Order lines continue to murder the map screen, mostly fine aside from that. Not sure what you mean about text and icons, as far as I can tell not much changed on that front.
Third Stab that killed this game: Those Awful human models that wore created in 3 minutes (as if i don't give an inch about these models) and throwen there in the game! you didn't liked the old models for some reason? instead of altering the specifications of the game in order to improve Frames Per Second?
It's an actual dynamic character generator as opposed to the earlier system of a few presets. Sometimes does produce odd results as they're still tweaking it, but overall it's a big improvement over earlier versions. No longer have 30 NPCs that all look exactly the same.
Capital ships can now fight OOS, so yes, Xenon K will actually do damage now when you're not there. Does seem an exaggeration though, even an M sized ship will live long enough in combat with a K to usually get away.

Return to “X4: Foundations”