reputation for killing xenon/khaak in faction space

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mediacenter
x4

reputation for killing xenon/khaak in faction space

Post by mediacenter » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:31

i've killed 3 k and a xenon i in split space for gain rep, unfortunately the nearest station is a 45 km and for that reason i get 0 rep

the bull fleet of the split is there, almost vaporized
i do the kill, check in the statistic

thats dumb, i save their asses in their space and i gain nothing, maybe we can gain rep if the faction fleet is near?

and why the hell i have to reach 20 rep with a faction to be able to use theyr turrets, 20 rep its too high for a crap turret, im killing k all day and i only reach 14 with the free families

argon rep at 10 and i can buy everithing

MHDriver
x4

Re: reputation for killing xenon/khaak in faction space

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:42

Doesn't matter how far you are, I killed a K and 4 P's attack FRF station and no rep reward..

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:27

I think 30km is the range for getting reputation "near" a station.
mediacenter wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:31
and why the hell i have to reach 20 rep with a faction to be able to use theyr turrets, 20 rep its too high for a crap turret, im killing k all day and i only reach 14 with the free families
At +10 with the argons you can't "buy everything". For example, you can't buy L/XL military ships and also not certain turrets with only +10. The amount of available turret variations depends on whether you have only the "military equipment license", which you get at rep +10, or the "capital equipment license", which you get at +20.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:10

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:27
I think 30km is the range for getting reputation "near" a station.
mediacenter wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 04:31
At +10 with the argons you can't "buy everything". For example, you can't buy L/XL military ships and also not certain turrets with only +10. The amount of available turret variations depends on whether you have only the "military equipment license", which you get at rep +10, or the "capital equipment license", which you get at +20.
nope
i can totally buy turrets for capital with argon, with all the other race i cannot i dont know if its a bug or maybe a start bonus (the very first argon start)
my "problem" is that i want split turrets for split ships, argon turrets for argon ships and so on and now is impossible and very hard to achieve (i dont do mission)

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:16

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:42
Doesn't matter how far you are, I killed a K and 4 P's attack FRF station and no rep reward..
it matter
i have only get rep doing this (i avoid mission for roleplay)

30 km is the key, and i think its dumb
i save live and do an enormous favor to the faction and the sector, factiion fleet witness thhis and they dont care

"oh you save us, now f++k off"

possible solution?
fleet recognize yuor work or extend the range for station

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:49

They key to getting rep is being close to a station - I thought it was around 20km, but 30km sounds better! - and making the kill yourself. Currently, outside of certain missions, any kills made by AI-Controlled ships in your fleet don't count. Which is a pain. This is a feature that's always eventually been patched in to prior X Games, so I hope it makes it into X4 too.

Scoob.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:15

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:49
They key to getting rep is being close to a station - I thought it was around 20km, but 30km sounds better! - and making the kill yourself. Currently, outside of certain missions, any kills made by AI-Controlled ships in your fleet don't count. Which is a pain. This is a feature that's always eventually been patched in to prior X Games, so I hope it makes it into X4 too.

Scoob.
being close to a station work, the point is that smaller target get really close-----> meaning turrets shoot ally station and lose rep---->or station steal the kill
its freaking difficult to get points
AND
15-20, you have to kill an absurd amount of enemies, kill K in 17-18 range dont do anything for example

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 16:35

yeah presumably if you have a police license they should trust you a little, yknow?
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 03:56

Well this system seems completely broken. I am +13 with Argon and in Argon system Eleventh Hour. ZYA is supposed to be at war with Argon and they put up a station in the Argon system. I drop in and kill a couple ZYA ships and get they typical sector security call from an Argon enemy about my attack on their station. Of course the S**t system penalizes my Argon standings. I mean really WTF. I kill another K attacking a FRF station and nothing, not even a thanks for your help.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 07:19

I think something is broken here - often I get noticed for Xenon kill in the space far way from any station and often ignored for the kill point blank next to the station (e.g. 5-10 km).

Return to “X4: Foundations”