So Why The Negative Reputation With All Split Factions On Start?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

So Why The Negative Reputation With All Split Factions On Start?

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 05:26

I don't really get the logic behind starting off as a Split with negative rep with all other Split, it doesn't make any sense to me. This added to the new zero skill pilot mechanic which precludes hiring a pilot to begin local trades to build rep and seems to add unnecessary tedium to the game from the onset. With almost 2400 hours in the game I was looking forward to an interesting new start but I don't find this or repeating the whole Bosa Ta storyline again interesting at all. From a graphical standpoint I enjoy the DLC but from a creative storyline standpoint it offers little of interest to me. Tedium does not equate to interesting..

abisha1980
x4

Re: So Why The Negative Reputation With All Split Factions On Start?

Post by abisha1980 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:00

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 05:26
I don't really get the logic behind starting off as a Split with negative rep with all other Split, it doesn't make any sense to me. This added to the new zero skill pilot mechanic which precludes hiring a pilot to begin local trades to build rep and seems to add unnecessary tedium to the game from the onset. With almost 2400 hours in the game I was looking forward to an interesting new start but I don't find this or repeating the whole Bosa Ta storyline again interesting at all. From a graphical standpoint I enjoy the DLC but from a creative storyline standpoint it offers little of interest to me. Tedium does not equate to interesting..
ah Split is in war with Argon, if you start with split then your a enemy of Argon at -20 it's fixable if you put some time in it.
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:02

MHDriver wrote:
Did you already do the Split Vendetta Plots?

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:18

Because Split is a war race with agressive behavior. They want to be sure you are not a peaceful Boron first.... :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:19

Also the lore reason between the two mayor split factions is quite good in my opinion.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:35

abisha1980 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 07:00
MHDriver wrote:
ah Split is in war with Argon, if you start with split then your a enemy of Argon at -20 it's fixable if you put some time in it.
Perhaps my English is not as good as I thought. I am not referencing standings with factions outside of the Split. I am referring to the fact that the Split character in the Split game start starts off with -5 to his own faction. Even after completing the restore honor mission to kill the expeditionary forces the standings remain unchanged. This makes no sense to me. I understand why it is low with ZYA but not FRF. I don't care about the rest of the factions.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:02

the reason your at -5 is because from a story point of view your character is not an honoured split and must fight to secure your place in split society let alone the rest of the universe, your also an enemy of the other split faction.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:34

dougeye wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:02
the reason your at -5 is because from a story point of view your character is not an honoured split and must fight to secure your place in split society let alone the rest of the universe, your also an enemy of the other split faction.
Well if that were the case then my destroying the Expeditionary Fleet and the Target ship should have restored my honor but it did not, in fact all it did was lower my rep with ZYA..

jhaand
x4

Post by jhaand » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:17

dougeye wrote:
The shame of defeat to the ZYA warrants the -5 reputation with FRF.
But getting it back to +10 shouldn't be too hard. As long as the ZYA ships stay of my back.
"I’ll renounce cynicism when it ceases having predictive powers" -- @devbisme

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 10:06

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:34
dougeye wrote:
Well if that were the case then my destroying the Expeditionary Fleet and the Target ship should have restored my honor but it did not, in fact all it did was lower my rep with ZYA..
so how did you manage to destroy that fleet without playing and building reputation with the frf? I did one clear mines mission and went from -5 to 0 in my starting jaguar. You wont be friends with the other split faction for destroying their fleet lol Ive not got into the plot but maybe rep is locked out until you progress the plot, i have no idea what the plot is though!

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 11:52

dougeye wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 10:06
MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:34
dougeye wrote:
so how did you manage to destroy that fleet without playing and building reputation with the frf? I did one clear mines mission and went from -5 to 0 in my starting jaguar. You wont be friends with the other split faction for destroying their fleet lol Ive not got into the plot but maybe rep is locked out until you progress the plot, i have no idea what the plot is though!
I went and built rep with PAR and bought a Nemesis. Hard to build any rep with FRF with a dozen ships chasing you around all the time. I've managed to build +20 with Argon now and still only +12 with FRF.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 14:45

i see so what your saying is regardless of which faction you are friends with and which ships you use you think that once that split fleet is destroyed the free split should promote you automatically as a quest point.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 22:14

dougeye wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 14:45
i see so what your saying is regardless of which faction you are friends with and which ships you use you think that once that split fleet is destroyed the free split should promote you automatically as a quest point.
Of course. What factions I have positive rep with and what ships I fly should be completely irrelevant to the mission completion reward as the mission is currently designed. In order for the plot to make any sense of you starting out with -5 rep with your own faction is it is tied to the loss of honor from the battle defeat. Restoring honor should by defeating the fleet as required by the mission objective should restore your rep with your own faction.. There is even dialog at the completion of the destruction of the Expeditionary Fleet that suggests that you have restored your honor.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 23:05

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 11:52
Hard to build any rep with FRF with a dozen ships chasing you around all the time. I've managed to build +20 with Argon now and still only +12 with FRF.
Miners and traders. -21 with ZYA is not enough for them to be attacking your "civilian" assets. I've gained +20 within the first game day, with like four miners and three traders. Though the Expeditionary Force seems to be either fully or partially exempt from that rule. I mean, they seemed to either be leaving my guys alone, or I was very lucky to not have crossed paths with them. But, when I went in to try and fight them and managed to kill off the destroyer and a few fighters (somehow they split off from the main group), the rest went and killed a couple of my traders and miners.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 23:16

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 23:05
MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 11:52
Hard to build any rep with FRF with a dozen ships chasing you around all the time. I've managed to build +20 with Argon now and still only +12 with FRF.
Miners and traders. -21 with ZYA is not enough for them to be attacking your "civilian" assets. I've gained +20 within the first game day, with like four miners and three traders. Though the Expeditionary Force seems to be either fully or partially exempt from that rule. I mean, they seemed to either be leaving my guys alone, or I was very lucky to not have crossed paths with them. But, when I went in to try and fight them and managed to kill off the destroyer and a few fighters (somehow they split off from the main group), the rest went and killed a couple of my traders and miners.
Lol, civilian assets you say. Who has any civilian assets? I started with one crappy scout ship then used every credit I earned getting my rep up with Par to buy the Nemesis. Then it was game on for the fight, no time for civilian assets.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 23:30

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 23:16
Lol, civilian assets you say. Who has any civilian assets? I started with one crappy scout ship then used every credit I earned getting my rep up with Par to buy the Nemesis. Then it was game on for the fight, no time for civilian assets.
You're saying this as if I somehow started a different game :) Same start, same conditions. Capped a Chimera (I think in another thread I might have said "Mamba" - no, it was a Chimera) - didn't even intend to, it attacked me and I was fighting for dear life, what with that peashooter in the Jaguar. But she bailed. That happened near a gate to Xenon space, and actually claiming her between incoming Xenon raiders and ZYA patrols was a quest in itself. I think I may have spent a good part of an hour just to find the right moment. Then explored a bit since I've had no idea where I was wrt original sectors, did some odd missions, banked a couple million, bought two Tuatara miners, went from there.

What is that "every credit" you speak of? 3 million for a Nemesis? That's pocket change. :P

But, AFAIK you've already completed that mission, whereas I haven't yet. So in that sense your approach might've been more efficient. I did kill the destroyer and a few fighters, but...
Spoiler
Show
...the rest of the bunch is packing Boson Lances and is poking myself and my Rattlesnake into a Swiss cheese before I can say "blue". Need more bodies.

Return to “X4: Foundations”