[3.0] Player owned shipyard workforce and crew

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TKz
x4

[3.0] Player owned shipyard workforce and crew

Post by TKz » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:30

Hi,

I have a POS since a long time, and was always able to build ships and provide full crew to them.
Since 3.0, I cannot give a crew to my ships, it says workforce "available from shipyard : 0", which means I cannot build ships anymore (I'm not interested in a Colossus Vanguard without a crew).

I don't understand how this workforce is generated, is it the same workforce from station ?
If it is, I have workforce at the shipyard (4000), it's less than optimal, but why does it says available : 0 ?
Do I need to have more workforce than optimal to be able to build ships with crew ? I hope not, or I hope the workforce generation rate was massively increased :roll:

On another topic, 3.0 is a huge pleasure to play, I'm currently in a Xenon sector with 8 carriers and 340 fighters, the effects are stunning and the framerate is good, thank you devs !

IRaven
x4

Re: [3.0] Player owned shipyard workforce and crew

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:35

Yes

ever wonder why NPC shipyards have like 10 Habitation Moduls?

the more workforce and habitation moduls you have the faster it will fill up ;-)

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:12

Thank you for your answer !
I started building 30 Argon L habitat, we'll see how it goes (in a few hours :mrgreen: ).

goduranus
x4

Post by goduranus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:26

IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:35
Yes

ever wonder why NPC shipyards have like 10 Habitation Moduls?

the more workforce and habitation moduls you have the faster it will fill up ;-)
Wow Thank You!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:56

TKz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:12
Thank you for your answer !
I started building 30 Argon L habitat, we'll see how it goes (in a few hours :mrgreen: ).
I can't help but imagine this is massive overkill...

In my experience, all that is needed is a single small habitation module for shipyards. At least in previous versions of the game, habitation module population is not subtracted when ships with crew are built. For example, if you have 250 workforce, and order a ship with 100 crew, you do not suddenly have 150 workforce on the shipyard, you still have 250. But if you only have 50 workforce on the shipyard, you can only order up to 50 crew members for a single ship. Again, those 50 crew members will not subtract from the overall workforce on the shipyard, the shipyard will still have 50 workforce after the order is placed and completed.

The smallest habitation module will provide enough workforce for the largest of ships. Hence why I say don't bother with anything more than a single small habitation module. Apparently, there is advanced cloning technology that instantly duplicates workforce, but only when a new ship is ordered!

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 18:16

Apparently it's not overkill, I already have 4 L habitation module, 4000 workforce currently in station, and 0 available crew when building ship ...
Unless there is something else I don't understand, it seems that now more workforce than "optimal" is necessary to build ships with crew.

EDIT : I increased the number of L hab to 40, so I will be way over what is optimal, we'll see how it goes :|

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:03

TKz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 18:16
Apparently it's not overkill, I already have 4 L habitation module, 4000 workforce currently in station, and 0 available crew when building ship ...
Unless there is something else I don't understand, it seems that now more workforce than "optimal" is necessary to build ships with crew.

EDIT : I increased the number of L hab to 40, so I will be way over what is optimal, we'll see how it goes :|
You have 4 L habitation modules, but do you actually have 4000 workforce? It takes time for workforce to accumulate. The time to accumulate 4000 workforce is a long, long long time. I doubt you have that much.

It absolutely does not require even 4 L habitation modules to have available crew to build a ship. You are doing something wrong.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:08

TKz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:30

Since 3.0, I cannot give a crew to my ships, it says workforce "available from shipyard : 0", which means I cannot build ships anymore (I'm not interested in a Colossus Vanguard without a crew).
I think there's a bug with this. I have a shipyard with 1000 workforce and it said I had no crew available and yet I could still max out the crew slider on a destroyer and when it was built, it had a full complement of crew.

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:31

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:03
TKz wrote:

You have 4 L habitation modules, but do you actually have 4000 workforce? It takes time for workforce to accumulate. The time to accumulate 4000 workforce is a long, long long time. I doubt you have that much.

It absolutely does not require even 4 L habitation modules to have available crew to build a ship. You are doing something wrong.
Please give me a little credit !

https://framapic.org/PMYMPB8jkBwy/l7QEvrYoa0Ne.png

https://framapic.org/YwtDSj7uaFdz/OSmSIYueM04U.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 6. Apr 20, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:33

Matthew94 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:08
TKz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:30

I think there's a bug with this. I have a shipyard with 1000 workforce and it said I had no crew available and yet I could still max out the crew slider on a destroyer and when it was built, it had a full complement of crew.
I'll definitely try that, thanks !
Looks like a bug then ...

Edit : it does work. Maybe a bug or an unfinished feature (workforce transformed into crew during ship build, something like that ...)
Thanks !

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 23:24

ok so Crew will get generated out of thin air... didnt see that coming xD

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 23:36

IRaven wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 23:24
ok so Crew will get generated out of thin air... didnt see that coming xD
It's more that it's incorrectly reading the workforce value for the station and triggering a warning in error.

As stated, TKz and I both had thousands of staff in our workforce.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 00:28

TKz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:31
Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:03
TKz wrote:

Please give me a little credit !
Okay, I'll give you credit for getting 4000 workforce! And I'll give Egosoft credit for generating a bug with 3.0! I don't recall seeing this as an issue prior to this.

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 05:08

Even I can build new ship with this 'workforce 0' warning, I can't resupply my currently existed ship with new crew members, the slider wont' go up
Same issue happened to one of ARG equipment dock, it got half destroyed by XEN. After the rebuild of habitats and grows of population, it still got 'workforce 0' warning and you can never get more crew from this dock

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 05:16

Very odd if people was living in station building ship, then next they live in the ship and do what was they doing in ship, no longer live in station and build ship, it's will be new people, but I'm more worried about how PC handle, and felt it's very unnecessary to had workforce number because taxing on comupter when player build large or mega factory, I had no problem and issues build a habitation modules but number and calculator add up unnecessary, I think maybe something like requirements habitation for production but not number of workforce, unless Solar panal or similar plant that don't need run by people, it's few and not need a habitation, and large ship already should had a habitation part of it, but not small ship, class s, maybe class m had small habitation.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Bozar69
x4

Post by Bozar69 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 05:52

I just upped my shipyards from 2 to 7 . This way I can always have new crew for my ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations”