Looking for missions is quite unconfortable.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SparvieroGed
x4

Looking for missions is quite unconfortable.

Post by SparvieroGed » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:57

Is there a way to easy find missions? Right now I have to go around 20 minutes and maybe I can't even find one I like. More time looking for missions that doing missions right now :lol:

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: Looking for missions is quite unconfortable.

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:16

You can open the mission menu either via the keyboard shortcut (Options -> Controls:General -> Menu access -> Mission Menu) or by opening the map, and then click on the "mission offers" button at the left side of the screen (white circle with a straight "!"). That should give you a list of all available missions.

More are being added and taken away depending on which sector you're in and which stations you're close to ( in radar range on the map) .
Mission offers seem to pop up by flying close to stations and if you don't find anything interesting just fly into another sector and fly to the stations.

Better reputation and recieving ranks (gained by getting enough reputation and then visiting the faction representative to recieve a rank up) probably has an influence on the type and amount of missions you can get.

More infos about getting missions in different ways are also available on the wiki:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... table+Loot

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:43

if you want a life of ease in finding missions, sign up for a trade guild or a war effort. just note you can only have one chain per guild or war at a time.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:42

Easy way to get missions is to just hop on the ring highway, open the mission manager, and look for new missions there as your ship circles around. You'll see lots of offers, and you don't have to worry about steering or being attacked since you are stuck to the highway.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:55

XBTF thru X4 have all required a little time investment to get to the good stuff. It's always been very rewarding and worth the trouble, not uncomfortable. Egosoft have recently tried to cater to the "Are we there yet?"- microwave generation by making the build effort a little less of a time sink, but I think a really good game should take a degree of effort. Not jumping thru hoops, and repetition- the player has many different paths to take to wealth/power, whatever you call success. I don't care how may millions of credits I make or how many stations I have. The experience is the success, and I don't mind spending hours and days getting there.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:34

Thanks guys.

Return to “X4: Foundations”