Convenient Way to Cancel Attack?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Convenient Way to Cancel Attack?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:22

Normally if I want to take one order out of a queue I can right click it in the map, but right clicking an enemy won't let me cancel an attack order. This is pretty annoying if I want my ships to fire at something as it passes, but if it gets away, I don't want them to keep doing it. So then I either cancel all their order queue, or would have to delete it manually from behaviour tab. Neither is very appealing.

Is there some better way to do this (preferably for multiple ships), and why can't it be done via right click in map?
***modified***

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Convenient Way to Cancel Attack?

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:34

Doesn't just right-clicking the crosshairs next to the enemy give the option to cancel the attack, rather than clicking the enemy itself?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:39

Maybe it should? I've noticed lately that sometimes order icons and the related path on the map are inexplicably invisible. I'll have one ship with them, and one without, and I don't know why. :gruebel:

edit: okay, I can actually still click on it, visible or otherwise, if I just hover where it ought to be!
***modified***

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 09:59

I sometimes miss map items / unable to alter or give orders when I hit pause, but otherwise it seems okay. - I did mean to say right clicking cross hairs on the target ship does always remove the order, but obviously the icon will only be visible on the target ship if the attacking ship is selected. It is clumsy, for sure... - I wonder if it would be possible to have another tag on the UI when selected 'my property' (next to ships with inventory) which can filter ships with specific kinds of outstanding orders (maybe just manual orders.) - But that might make it more clumsy... - Who'd be a game developer? LOL
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “X4: Foundations”