Raptor stuck recalling subordinates - Explained.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gween
x4

Raptor stuck recalling subordinates - Explained.

Post by Gween » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:45

I bought an FRF raptor (and GOD I LOVE IT)
Since ZYA hates me and is all over the FRF sectors, I wanted to get my new Raptor out of the split sectors for a while.
The problem is, when I give an order to the captain, the ship undocks and then just stays in position, with the order "recalling subordinates".
The thing is, I don't have a single ship nor drone assigned to it. When I try to remove the order it just instantly comes back.

When I try to fly the ship myself, everything works fine.
Last edited by Gween on Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Raptor tries to recall not-existing subordinates

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:51

Sounds like this needs a save attaching for the devs, and perhaps the post duplicating / moving to the beta forum?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:00

I didn't check once my Raptor was built, but it surely makes a point to call back subordinates very frequently.

The Raptor is my only carrier at the moment - but I guess it is a global behaviour for carriers :? Anyways, I watched my Raptor doing this call between waypoints (sometimes) - and it took quite long to resolve. (a few minutes)

My point is - maybe there is a new routine which a) is triggered no matter the loadout and b) takes too long. I'll try to get another carrier and observe the behaviour.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:28

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:00
My point is - maybe there is a new routine which a) is triggered no matter the loadout and b) takes too long. I'll try to get another carrier and observe the behaviour.
You could be right but it will ultimately be easier for Devs to investigate with a save where this is occurring.

If you were not able to reproduce it with a new Raptor, it may not mean there was a bug this time they would like to fix.

Gween
x4

Re: Raptor tries to recall not-existing subordinates (savegame attached)

Post by Gween » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 11:42

Gavrushka wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:51
Sounds like this needs a save attaching for the devs, and perhaps the post duplicating / moving to the beta forum?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pMZZHI ... sp=sharing
(Is this how Savegame sharing works? Never done it :roll:)

I sadly don't have the money to buy a 2nd raptor (yet), so I can't try that.

Gween
x4

Re: Raptor tries to recall not-existing subordinates (apparently solved)

Post by Gween » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:05

Statusupdate:
After like 40minutes in SETA now, my raptor finally started moving and is now following my orders.

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:55

Maybe the raptor capitan was in disbelief not seeing a single ship in his Hangar.
I can hear is voice "All my life with a single purpose....reach the top....command a raptor as my grandfather dreamed about....and now I have a carrier without ships to carry. Must be an error....they are out there...they must be out there....KEEP LOOKING! We aren't move untill I have my ****ing fleet!

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 15:11

Thanks for the save. Your Raptor is waiting for a cargo drone that appears to have gotten left behind and is now in Tharka's Ravine XVI, making its way to your Raptor. Unfortunately, the save is too late to determine why exactly it was left behind, but there are valid cases where this can happen.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Raptor stuck recalling subordinates - Explained.

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:21

Gween wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:45
The problem is, when I give an order to the captain, the ship undocks and then just stays in position, with the order "recalling subordinates".
Can you remember if the Raptor had the problem when if first undocked from the Shipyard that built it? Or did it only start happening some time later after had left the Shipyard? Just trying to understand the circumstances a bit better. Thanks!

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:24

Never equip your fighting ships with cargo drones. They will be randomly launched during combat to collect wares, making your fight ships sitting target while they wait for them to return. I don't know what happened between beta and release but the AI still has a long way to go.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:29

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:24
Never equip your fighting ships with cargo drones. They will be randomly launched during combat to collect wares, making your fight ships sitting target while they wait for them to return. I don't know what happened between beta and release but the AI still has a long way to go.
you can stop this by disarming cargo drones

admittedly it isnt a perfect solution since you cant use an arm drones hotkey without also arming the cargo drones, but that only matters for a ship you are in
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:54

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:29
Tamina wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:24
you can stop this by disarming cargo drones

admittedly it isnt a perfect solution since you cant use an arm drones hotkey without also arming the cargo drones, but that only matters for a ship you are in
Considering they're using a Raptor, maybe bring along an M size ship and leave the cargo drones on that when not needed? Then transfer them back to the Raptor if you need to speed up replenishment.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Gween
x4

Post by Gween » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 17:48

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 16:21
Gween wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:45
Can you remember if the Raptor had the problem when if first undocked from the Shipyard that built it? Or did it only start happening some time later after had left the Shipyard? Just trying to understand the circumstances a bit better. Thanks!
No problem:
So, I bought the raptor and waited the 44 minutes it took to build it. Since I barely had enough money to afford it itself, it barely had any more than the needed stuff. (meaning, no drones or fighters at all)
Since the FRF sectors are full of ZYA ships (which don't like me at all) I ordered the ship to fly out of split space.
The ship then undocked and stayed at the "undocked waiting position" with the command "recalling subordinates".
To save my ship I then flew it out of the sector myself and when I gave it back to the captain, the same thing happened.
After that I spent around 30-40 minutes in SETA and the captain finally followed my orders.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:19

When you say it had no drones at all, do you also mean it had no cargodrones? It appears that at least one thinks it belongs to (or at least needs to dock at) the Raptor.

If you didn't (intend to) give it any drones at all, could it be a preset/loadout at work there?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gween
x4

Post by Gween » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:29

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:19
When you say it had no drones at all, do you also mean it had no cargodrones? It appears that at least one thinks it belongs to (or at least needs to dock at) the Raptor.

If you didn't (intend to) give it any drones at all, could it be a preset/loadout at work there?
I had no presets selected and I'm very sure that I didn't buy any drones for it.
(Funnily enough, now that everything works, I bought a few drones and other things and it works perfectly, so I really don't know what was wrong back then)

Return to “X4: Foundations”