Drug plex adventures

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Drug plex adventures

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 14:40

Well, you definitively inspired me.
I've recently started a new game and I'm in the process of turning the PHQ into a drug complex. Spent my evening finding BM dealers. (I got about 10 so far)
Grand Exchange and it's vicinity looks like a gold mine for that market.

Like every good drug lords out there, I'll use that dirty money to fund my war(s) at the other end of the galaxy, in the split sectors.
After all, I got some "honor" to "regain". :wink:

I'd like it if there were more ways to set up BM dealers, though.
As an occasional reward from the SCA faction mission board maybe? Definitively as a reward from those "sabotage" missions you find around stations.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 21:07

Yeah, getting BMs is pretty boring especially if one is too stubborn to move on if there is no success in few attempts.

Also with this setup you can do anything you want rep wise - i think i could kill all tel stations without a BM and still be friends with the lizards due to the insane rep from the drug trades :D

Just got to Magnate when finishing the trade configurations. Curious how much time i need for next rank like this.
Ezarkal wrote:
Mon, 27. Jul 20, 14:40
Spent my evening finding BM dealers. (I got about 10 so far)
What BM prices did you get? That 2-300Cr weed price for some posters here sounded weird seeing prices in my game. I got 175% and 150% commissions most of the time on the drug dealer.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:08

pref wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 16:48
I don't really get pricing for black marketeers..
I opened 11 in Profit Center, 1 sells for 380, another for 420 and the rest is all at +450cr. Even on MIN stations i got 450+ price and i only have 21 rep with them.

How come @rene got 200-300 offers only?
My TEL rep is at 30 I also did scan data leaks on stations when I accidentally found them and unlock discounts. Did not seem to bring up the prices.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 01:32

rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:08
My TEL rep is at 30 I also did scan data leaks on stations when I accidentally found them and unlock discounts. Did not seem to bring up the prices.
Guess you are vanilla..?

Maybe it's because my game wasn't started on 3.2 and earlier BM prices were higher?
That would be sad, this is the only trade that can get close to ship building profits, but with a 50% commission it's not worth the hassle imo. Also it requires some planning and a somewhat more complex setup - and if average discount is the same as for any ware after a trade terminal hack or couple data leak scans, paired with the low quantity of the orders there is hardly any compensation for the extra effort.
Okay it's an infinite sink, but demand for ship building materials is practically infinite at early/mid game as well.
Later on drug business might be a hobby experiment like for me but has no real use apart from trade rank boost (if dealing with extreme volumes).

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 01:36

pref wrote:
Mon, 27. Jul 20, 21:07
What BM prices did you get? That 2-300Cr weed price for some posters here sounded weird seeing prices in my game. I got 175% and 150% commissions most of the time on the drug dealer.
Weed sells between 250 and 400 so far.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:35

Ezarkal wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 01:36
No 450+ offers at all..? Weird. Seems my game has superBMs for some reason.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 14:19

pref wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:35
Ezarkal wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 01:36
No 450+ offers at all..? Weird. Seems my game has superBMs for some reason.
I don't have so many so far, and it's pretty recent. I'll an eye on them.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 00:41

Uploaded the exported build plan for the final big plex i built: 208x weed (no other drugs).
Needs over 50 BMs and 100-200 ships to work.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

This one is the smaller 30x plex for all three drugs. Needs less then 17 BMs to empty stocks. Got it working over 2 sectors only.
ImageImage

Also updated OP.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 11:26

I must say plans look fantastic and very organized. This is very informative post which put me at the same path, as I don't have enough money to buy a shipyard blueprint and to build a self-sufficient shipyard complex, but enough to setup smaller drug plex like the second one..

One question though - why do you combine in your plans all types of habitats, for Split Argon Teladi and Paranid? Do they become quicker populated? Thanks!
Last edited by foxxbl on Sun, 23. Aug 20, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 11:29

foxxbl wrote:
Sun, 23. Aug 20, 11:26
One question though - why do you combine in your plans all types of habitats, for Split Argon Teladi and Paranid? Do they become quicker populated? Thanks!
Short answer: yes.

The growth rate is applied separately per race per station, so 4 different races grow the workforce 4 times as fast.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 12:11

Thanks @fox.

What @xant said, plus i assumed NPCs i encounter on the station would have race ratio according to the hab modules so i can cherrypick crews if i wanted to. Don't know if this is the case though, have no single race station right now.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 14:11

pref wrote:
Sun, 23. Aug 20, 12:11
i assumed NPCs i encounter on the station would have race ratio according to the hab modules so i can cherrypick crews if i wanted to. Don't know if this is the case though, have no single race station right now.
Sadly this is not the case, it mostly depends on the faction that owns the station, i.e. if you have a shipyard and use ony Argon Workforce to supply your ships with crew members, you still end up with a mixed crew because player stations are set as "mixed" and not as a certain faction.

Quite annoying I think, so my hope is that it'll be changed with DLC2. I just can't imagine starting as a Terran, only to end up with mixed races on my ships and stations within the solar system. :o

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 14:06

I have 10SW 10SF 10MD drug plex in the Nopileos Fortune IV and 10 boas assigned.
I opened 14 BM in Grand Exchange I, III, IV and Path to Profit.
my 10 boas assigned to the plex station manager as a station traders standing still in the Grand Exchange I, not doing anything:

SpaceWeed setup:

Station rule configured for SpaceWeed/SpaceFuel/MajaDust:
Station rule configured for everything else except Ice:

Trades are here:

Any hints what is wrong here? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by foxxbl on Sat, 29. Aug 20, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 14:21

Omg.. only my property my trade -> station and it's station traders can't sell to anyone except to myself..
Changed to no restriction, and now my traders are selling..
I suppose max prices of these wares will prevent station selling to the incoming traders.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 15:02

foxxbl wrote:
Sat, 29. Aug 20, 14:21
I suppose max prices of these wares will prevent station selling to the incoming traders.
Sadly no, the manager's offers up for any trader for the taking. You can amend that by adjusting sell prices to the lowest of you BMs'.

Or just increase production volume to a point where you just don't care when you have the budget.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 17:10

Unlocked a couple traders in split space, will set up a network in their space as well, maybe i can get past tycoon rank.

Here all the offers are around +110% haven't yet seen a +150% one.
Maybe split pay less then lizards, in TEL space i'm getting way higher prices even for newly unlocked BMs. Or throughout patching max prices have been reduced, and i only see high commission in TEL space because the change wasn't retroactive..?
Still, i'm pretty sure i have unlocked BMs on newly built TEL stations as well.

And this setup makes reputation irrelevant. I can kill a whole sector, it doesn't matter - rep gain is so insane.
Killed a trade ship and it took 5-10 secs to get back to 30 again.

Also i have seen bars on stations without a BM, have to check this, but maybe it's way quicker to just land on the station after the signal leaks have spawned, and just check if there is a bar on it. If yes then it's worth it to hassle with signals otherwise forget the station.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 01:50

Did another drugplex, this time limited to a single sector. Only dust and fuel as i have plenty spaceweed in another plex.
The 18 bms i have in Profit Center can easily soak up a 60x production. Using 36 ships, so each BM has 2 (since station deals in 2 drug types, left no buffer as they eat all i produce like this).
So a single BM can keep up more then a 3x production for all the drugs.

Seems i underestimated consumption, and will probably restrict the 200x weed plex for the 3-4 hungriest sectors. It will not require 200 ships then but probably just a hundred or less.

ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 22:23

My god that is beautiful!
Does the game engine cry when you enter that sector?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 00:57

SunofVich wrote:
Tue, 22. Sep 20, 22:23
My god that is beautiful!
Does the game engine cry when you enter that sector?
Thanks!
No, i got pretty smooth fps. The 200x weed plex drops the fps around 20 but not this one. I have gsync so anything near 30 and above feels good.

Also you need to be close to the stations (~50km or a bit less) to feel their effects on fps.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 00:18

I created a new plex for my holy vision exclusively with 20 bms. Same as dust ring just with an additional layer for weed, 60x dust 60x fuel 66x weed.
66 is around the limit of consumption rate.
Plex is not fully connected, cannot be moved easily.

Also these plexes lock my rep at 30, was not really my intent but if you want to eliminate rep issues these plexes will achieve that (just make sure you or a drug tolerating faction owns the space).
I get back to 30 rep within like 5 secs after killing a HOP destroyer now. Not sure this was ES's intent.

Construction plan

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “X4: Foundations”