Drug plex adventures

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

Re: Drug plex adventures

Post by pref » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 17:10

Unlocked a couple traders in split space, will set up a network in their space as well, maybe i can get past tycoon rank.

Here all the offers are around +110% haven't yet seen a +150% one.
Maybe split pay less then lizards, in TEL space i'm getting way higher prices even for newly unlocked BMs. Or throughout patching max prices have been reduced, and i only see high commission in TEL space because the change wasn't retroactive..?
Still, i'm pretty sure i have unlocked BMs on newly built TEL stations as well.

And this setup makes reputation irrelevant. I can kill a whole sector, it doesn't matter - rep gain is so insane.
Killed a trade ship and it took 5-10 secs to get back to 30 again.

Also i have seen bars on stations without a BM, have to check this, but maybe it's way quicker to just land on the station after the signal leaks have spawned, and just check if there is a bar on it. If yes then it's worth it to hassle with signals otherwise forget the station.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 01:50

Did another drugplex, this time limited to a single sector. Only dust and fuel as i have plenty spaceweed in another plex.
The 18 bms i have in Profit Center can easily soak up a 60x production. Using 36 ships, so each BM has 2 (since station deals in 2 drug types, left no buffer as they eat all i produce like this).
So a single BM can keep up more then a 3x production for all the drugs.

Seems i underestimated consumption, and will probably restrict the 200x weed plex for the 3-4 hungriest sectors. It will not require 200 ships then but probably just a hundred or less.

ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 22:23

My god that is beautiful!
Does the game engine cry when you enter that sector?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 00:57

SunofVich wrote:
Tue, 22. Sep 20, 22:23
My god that is beautiful!
Does the game engine cry when you enter that sector?
Thanks!
No, i got pretty smooth fps. The 200x weed plex drops the fps around 20 but not this one. I have gsync so anything near 30 and above feels good.

Also you need to be close to the stations (~50km or a bit less) to feel their effects on fps.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 00:18

I created a new plex for my holy vision exclusively with 20 bms. Same as dust ring just with an additional layer for weed, 60x dust 60x fuel 66x weed.
66 is around the limit of consumption rate.
Plex is not fully connected, cannot be moved easily.

Also these plexes lock my rep at 30, was not really my intent but if you want to eliminate rep issues these plexes will achieve that (just make sure you or a drug tolerating faction owns the space).
I get back to 30 rep within like 5 secs after killing a HOP destroyer now. Not sure this was ES's intent.

Construction plan

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “X4: Foundations”