After Xenon's sector destroyed, will it be rebuilt?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hxsgame
x4

After Xenon's sector destroyed, will it be rebuilt?

Post by hxsgame » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 04:02

After 3.2, the aggression of AI was strengthened.  Many Xenon's sector were destroyed, Fewer enemies which made the game less hostile.

will Xenon be rebuilt?

Miravlix
x4

Re: After Xenon's sector destroyed, will it be rebuilt?

Post by Miravlix » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 10:13

Well, I'm not sure about the claim that Xenon was having problems, my 3.2 game Xenon has eaten ANT and ZY.

And FAF and SCA was destroying the other half of the universe, Teladi lost Bright Profit and MIN lost it's warf, so to me the AI vs AI is rather deadly to the big race factions.

I'm preventing HAT from being invaded, by using the awesome power of being the human player, but AI vs AI, Xenon doesn't seem to need rebuilding.

I have a handful of ships at this point and if I hadn't slowed my trade development hugely by buying a rattlesnake, I still wouldn't be able to stand up to SCA and FAF and in little ways to Xenon, still some way off before I can deal with groups of Xenon's.

Making the Split questline pointless, I can't really pick ZY as they are dead, has two sectors left, one shipyard, no warf and I saved the shipyard (Or is it invulnerable?? something was funky with it anyway as I killed the K attacking it, I think the icon was missing and I couldn't see it's hitpoints.)

I also need to hurry up the Paranid one as I think PAR is about to start eating HOP. (MIght be my fault with a factory making the key stuff that get sold to them a lot.)

So to me the universe is moving along very very very very very fast and I'm way too slow to keep up with how things move.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 10:55

Maybe ES did no rebalance after fixing turret aim, but feeding all factions with everything they need could push xenon back in itself entirely @3.1 as well.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 11:45

From my experience, it makes a big difference which side the player is on and hence who you do missions with and sell goods to. Just comparing my last two games, the previous I was playing for ZYA and they pushed the Xenon far back. This time I am playing for FRF and ZYA is on the brink of being wiped out by the Xenon. It is only HOP who have completely cleared the Xenon sectors they are connected to and started invading HAT. Teladi were also losing ground but the trading station in Open Market seems indestructible and so, after me clearing the sector, they are in control again. Two Grant has been mine for a long time, as Xenon had cleared it also.

ZYA are at a disadvantage due to the bad shielding of their ships, which is why I believe they need superiority in numbers to prevail. Teladi can take a punishing but not dish out, which is why I think they are losing also. Argon are pretty balanced and Paranid, with the Odysseus have the strongest destroyer, backed by the best medium sized ships (albeit, I prefer the Cobra as a frigate even OOS).

I am actually currently trying to get ZYA to grow again even though they are my enemies. With two shipyard sectors adjacent to ZYA Dominion, no surprise they are under pressure. A fleet of 10 Oddies, however, blocks the gate and nothing coming through survives. So there is hope for them.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:25

KiwiNZ wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 11:45
ZYA are at a disadvantage due to the bad shielding of their ships
If ZYA can buy supplies from the player they turn into a beast.

When i restarted after 3.0 release i did some lengthy station construction and trader setups. During that time ZYA got reduced to 2-3 sectors.

Then i opened my shipyard, and ZYA took all nearby xenon sectors and started invading argon to the south. Also they have lots of infrastructure now - some of their sectors have a huge amount of stations (26 in Rhak's IV for ex - forgot initial sector name).

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:44

I think I found the reason of why Xenon's sector was destroyed.

Because there are two remaining building warehouses, that after the station clearing all modules. and all X ships at there attack them all time. (in OOS the remaining building warehouses was can't be destroyed.)

So at other X sectors they haven't ship to fight back……

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:50

And the problem is still there:

After Xenon's sector destroyed, will it be rebuilt by Xenon?

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:44

hxsgame wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:50

Only as long as they have a Wharf and at least one energy production station nearby.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:52

Pesanur wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:44
hxsgame wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:50

Only as long as they have a Wharf and at least one energy production station nearby.
I can't see them, there is only some XEnergyShip Come and go In my view.
and the Sovereignty is ZYA now.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 18:58

How are you getting friendly factions to grow?

In my game ZYA are getting rolled, I've spent a lot of time and effort to save them but they are doing naff all to help themselves. For example the shipyard is mostly shot to crap by Xenon but to help them I've filled up the build storage and even sent in a constructor Mammoth "looking for build jobs" but no it just sits there doing nothing.

Is there a more forceful way to encourage NPC factions to repair & rebuild their sectors? I feel like the station manager is bugged at this point or if its waiting for something then I don't know what that is :evil:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 22:42

The easiest way is to actually run some auto miners in their sectors. This will help the local economy a lot. If they are under constant attack, place a gate-blocking fleet to terminate all incoming enemies and you will see ZYA rebuild. You could also help out with build missions and resource delivery missions to speed things up.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 12:20

So is it a wealth issue on the faction side then i.e. their ability to pay for the repairs and hire in a construction ship? That was something I was 'Thinking' about and kind of makes sense.

what I find frustrating is there is nowhere I can find out, there is no information on the station that tells you and you can't discuss it with the station manager at least not that I can see. Hell I'd order my construction ship to do the repair work at my expense... It might be as you say the missions are the mechanism to help.

I'm already doing sector patrols and gate defence but yes you're right to point that out if their stations get regularly damaged its going to be a drain on the faction economy and at some point I assume they even have to consider rebuilding in another sector and just consider the current one to be a lost cause. That's also part of the problem because if I invest another 6hrs in game helping their sector economy there is still no guarantee they will do anything i.e. I could still be in the same position.

To be fair what I have started to notice is the faction actually sending miners and traders out across what was lethal Xenon sectors so that must be a sign they are recovering... I guess I dunno maybe :lol:

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:41

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 12:20
So is it a wealth issue on the faction side then i.e. their ability to pay for the repairs and hire in a construction ship? That was something I was 'Thinking' about and kind of makes sense.

what I find frustrating is there is nowhere I can find out, there is no information on the station that tells you and you can't discuss it with the station manager at least not that I can see. Hell I'd order my construction ship to do the repair work at my expense... It might be as you say the missions are the mechanism to help.

I'm already doing sector patrols and gate defence but yes you're right to point that out if their stations get regularly damaged its going to be a drain on the faction economy and at some point I assume they even have to consider rebuilding in another sector and just consider the current one to be a lost cause. That's also part of the problem because if I invest another 6hrs in game helping their sector economy there is still no guarantee they will do anything i.e. I could still be in the same position.

To be fair what I have started to notice is the faction actually sending miners and traders out across what was lethal Xenon sectors so that must be a sign they are recovering... I guess I dunno maybe :lol:
There is no "wealth" in the form of credits, they all have infinite credits. It is an essentially logistics problem, supply them with wares and they start building why you start getting rich.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 17:03

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:41
There is no "wealth" in the form of credits, they all have infinite credits. It is an essentially logistics problem, supply them with wares and they start building why you start getting rich.
I am but they aren't building, in the case of the shipyard I have filled their entire build storage with wares. Maybe they are waiting for some other structure to finish I don't know

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 20:53

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 17:03
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:41
I am but they aren't building, in the case of the shipyard I have filled their entire build storage with wares. Maybe they are waiting for some other structure to finish I don't know
There is a chance that something else is ware reserved that is stuck somewhere. You're talking about rebuilding the shipyard right? Not ships since you mentioned structure.
Also you can check by using the object list or w/e its called and expand it, you can see timers there. Although they might also be waiting for a construction vessel.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 00:27

I dont think its that because I can see the build storage is full i.e. its not waiting for a trade or ware delivery. I've got a hunch the problem maybe the constructors unable to pass through hostile sectors and/or taking a dumb route and getting themselves killed. What makes me suspicions that something isnt working right is the fact I've had a constructor in sector looking for build trades and the faction hasn't given the job to them...

There is no way to tell, I look at the currently assigned constructors (those that are busy) non of them seem to hired to do the job but like many people I don't have every inch of the map satellite covered. I think there maybe a mod to remove the fog of war I might need to do that

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:24

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 17:03
in the case of the shipyard I have filled their entire build storage with wares. Maybe they are waiting for some other structure to finish I don't know
That will only allow expansion of the shipyard, ime the best way to make them build more stations is to let them have plenty mats to buy.
Possible that faction AI considers available production capacity when deciding on station builds. At least they increased station builds a lot when i started selling them hull parts and claytronics without my traders delivering anything to them.

Return to “X4: Foundations”