a new DLC idea? i think easy to do

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

a new DLC idea? i think easy to do

Post by palm911 » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 16:37

pretty sure this has been brought or discussed internally , but is it possible to make a Rebirth DLC not tied to the season pass?, owners of rebirth get the DLC for free of course, but it could bring income from assets already made , how many people would pay to fly the arawn in X4? yes io know there is a mod that adds the XR ships, , but mods are a big NO for those of us who like to play vanilla, it doesnt need to be all of the ships, but a selected few , a few extra sectors,

also please egosoft , consider addind a bonus pack , with community made mods, there are some great ones that could enhance the game experience. just a few to start. do hope this message finds ears in ego,

happy sunday
X gamer , one at a time.

Raevyan
x4

Re: a new DLC idea? i think easy to do

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:17

Your wish won’t happen for multiple reasons:

1) Egosoft is a Company That needs to make money at the end of the day. So no free DLC even for owners of a 7+ year old game. They usually add bigger free patches every now and then. Other companies would sell those as own DLCs.

2) DEVs said multiple times already that they won’t bring back X Rebirth ships because they would need to rebuild them from the ground. The X Rebirth ships would also not look like them anymore if they maintain the turret counts.

3) Bonus pack will probably also not happen. If DEVs see something that makes sense to them and is doable in a feasible amount of time, they will add it as a feature. Again devs also stated they cannot simply implement mods because mods may have effect on other aspects of the game and/or performance which modders usually don’t care about as much or can’t do it better because of missing restrictions.

Again everything that makes it into the game needs to be at a certain quality level (Egosoft standard).

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 22:19

rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 21:17

2) DEVs said multiple times already that they won’t bring back X Rebirth ships because they would need to rebuild them from the ground. The X Rebirth ships would also not look like them anymore if they maintain the turret counts.
X4 Teladi capital ships are based in X-Rebirth ships, so they can make the same with more ships is their like.

Anyway, only the Arawn and the Scaldis have sense in X4, as the first is an Argon combat carrier and the second a heavy freighter of the ALI. Maybe the Titurel can be added to the SCA.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 22:32

palm911 wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 16:37
owners of rebirth get the DLC for free of course
lol

Anyway, there are multiple mods already that add the Arawn in its entire perfection and more. Just check the video in my sig. Can't get better than that.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 02:59

rene6740 wrote:

1) Egosoft is a Company That needs to make money at the end of the day. So no free DLC even for owners of a 7+ year old game. They usually add bigger free patches every now and then. Other companies would sell those as own DLCs.

3) Bonus pack will probably also not happen. If DEVs see something that makes sense to them and is doable in a feasible amount of time, they will add it as a feature. Again devs also stated they cannot simply implement mods because mods may have effect on other aspects of the game and/or performance which modders usually don’t care about as much or can’t do it better because of missing restrictions.

Again everything that makes it into the game needs to be at a certain quality level (Egosoft standard).
1. not everyone owns xrebirth, there is plenty of people that could do so, or buy a new DLC.... there are assets there that the game will greatly benefits if brought into X4, make it not FREE .
2. so the Xenon I did not came from XR? Xenon K? came from where? teladi trading station ? .... i can keep going and going, as how many assets came from XR. for those missing ships, there are mods that have brought them into X4. with the raptor, argon could surely use something as an arawn.
If DEVs see something that makes sense to them and is doable in a feasible amount of time, they will add it as a feature
3. why do you speak for egosoft? do you have a quote saying what you just said? if not, you surely need to stop it, and let them talk about it, in the case they havent done so in the past.
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 02:59

repatomonor wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 22:32
palm911 wrote:
lol

Anyway, there are multiple mods already that add the Arawn in its entire perfection and more. Just check the video in my sig. Can't get better than that.
i dont want to mod my game, to use assets already made by egosoft . makes sense?
X gamer , one at a time.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 08:41

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 02:59
rene6740 wrote:

1. not everyone owns xrebirth, there is plenty of people that could do so, or buy a new DLC.... there are assets there that the game will greatly benefits if brought into X4, make it not FREE .
2. so the Xenon I did not came from XR? Xenon K? came from where? teladi trading station ? .... i can keep going and going, as how many assets came from XR. for those missing ships, there are mods that have brought them into X4. with the raptor, argon could surely use something as an arawn.
If DEVs see something that makes sense to them and is doable in a feasible amount of time, they will add it as a feature
3. why do you speak for egosoft? do you have a quote saying what you just said? if not, you surely need to stop it, and let them talk about it, in the case they havent done so in the past.
2) It’s somewhere on the forums from the devs. One reason, iirc, was that Xenons don’t have an interior design/cockpit and you can’t fly it yourself, which makes it way less work.

3) I‘m not speaking for EGO in any way. That’s just something they already did in the past and I think Bernd also said on the live streams. Whether or not they got inspired from a mod, a suggestion from players or it was already on their ToDo list, I don’t know. As for the mods effect other parts of the game, if you do your search on the forum, i‘m pretty sure you‘ll find some statements on that.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 11:06

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 02:59
repatomonor wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 22:32
palm911 wrote:
lol

i dont want to mod my game, to use assets already made by egosoft . makes sense?
Well, I guess that's too bad for you then since XR dlc is not happening. Putting the different art-style and game to game incompatibility aside, it just wouldn't be a proper marketing move. There's a good portion of people who shudder when they hear the name, Rebirth.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:24

not bad for me, just wishful, i am just sharing an idea, again i dont want to mod my game, i dont like modding it, i rather stay in the game as egosoft designed and meant us to play it.

i might never get response from the devs (most likely) , but understanding that several of the ships you see in X4 are also seen in XR, i am yet to find soemone complaining about it, (no one is ) i dont see why they couldnt bring it, specially some of their important ships , such as the arawn (it has a place in the argon military imho) specially with the appearance of the raptor.

the beauty of having it as a DLC is, you can choose to not add those into your game or you can (your choice) some of us i am sure (will be more than willing to pay some extra Dlls) to see those ships in the game, although it will make some sense to have those assets imported from an already paid product, for free or with a discount.

assets are done , they might need a bit of work, but i am sure a good chunk of the people here, and outside the forums will appreciate having more :) and i am also sure egosoft will appreciate to get some more (profits) revenue, they capacity of making more $$ depends on their ability to produce more and more content... more content , more $, its a no brainer TBH.

does anyone complaint against the beauty of the ships you see in XR? (arawn , taranis, the miner ships, or even ships such as the armored transport from the pirates (Forgot the name) ? lore wise they are part of the universe, in a much more smaller scale but they could fit in , and become part of the federation , some of those assets part of the pirates. (SCA and HAT could use some love in terms of new assets)
X gamer , one at a time.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:35

repatomonor wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 11:06
There's a good portion of people who shudder when they hear the name, Rebirth.
That's true, but they absolutely nailed the aesthetics with Rebirth (other than the highway music (what were they thinking?)).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:59

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:24
assets are done , they might need a bit of work, but i am sure a good chunk of the people here, and outside the forums will appreciate having more :) and i am also sure egosoft will appreciate to get some more (profits) revenue, they capacity of making more $$ depends on their ability to produce more and more content... more content , more $, its a no brainer TBH.
This is where the whole suggestion falls down, I'm afraid. As people have pointed out in previous replies, the assets are not done. The people who replied are not just making this up; one of our artists has explained in several previous threads that the amount of work involved in bringing forward ships from XR into X4 is almost as much work as creating them from scratch, and many of them simply won't work as they currently look because they won't be compatible with vital elements such as turrets.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 21:14

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:59
palm911 wrote:
This is where the whole suggestion falls down, I'm afraid. As people have pointed out in previous replies, the assets are not done. The people who replied are not just making this up; one of our artists has explained in several previous threads that the amount of work involved in bringing forward ships from XR into X4 is almost as much work as creating them from scratch, and many of them simply won't work as they currently look because they won't be compatible with vital elements such as turrets.
i stand corrected, CBJ, i was just bringing an idea that i though it would be possible, and a win win for everyone. but i guess its not :(
X gamer , one at a time.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 22:04

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 21:14
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:59
palm911 wrote:
i stand corrected, CBJ, i was just bringing an idea that i though it would be possible, and a win win for everyone. but i guess its not :(
Well now you got confirmation that i did not make up my points regarding this topic :) We'll all would love to see some/most of the ship assets return to X4. The one thing that Rebirth nailed was the aesthetics, be it ships, level of detail on stations or sector designs.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 06:55

In my opinion.
X4 and XR are two different games. There is no inevitable connection between buying XR and X4.
Even their game engines are at different stages, In fact, most games are just different surfaces of the same engine.

So, I look forward to having a DLC of about $8. It includes most XR content.

Who knows may be if there will be this surprise. (。・ω・。)ノ♡

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:05

The only ship I miss from Rebirth is the Canteran Destroyer, can't even remember the name, but those front guns with had such a hard time to shoot were sexy.

EDIT: I lied.. forgot to mention those large ice mining ship and Gas mining one.. super sexy models too.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:21

ezra-r wrote:
Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:05
The only ship I miss from Rebirth is the Canteran Destroyer, can't even remember the name, but those front guns with had such a hard time to shoot were sexy.

EDIT: I lied.. forgot to mention those large ice mining ship and Gas mining one.. super sexy models too.
Who knows, after all the Canterans are a Terran colony, so is posible that we see this destroyer with it massive main railgun returning in the Terran DLC.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:33

Pesanur wrote:
Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:21
ezra-r wrote:
Thu, 9. Jul 20, 20:05

Who knows, after all the Canterans are a Terran colony, so is posible that we see this destroyer with it massive main railgun returning in the Terran DLC.
I approve of the rail gun goodness!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Return to “X4: Foundations”