Stop A Ship Without Erasing Queue?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

Stop A Ship Without Erasing Queue?

Post by user1679 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 10:40

How do I order a captain to stop and wait without clearing the entire queue?

I had my NPC pilot traveling a route with about 12 points on it. At around point 6 I wanted her to stop and wait for me to fly into the sector. I couldn't find any command (right-click) or hotkey to order a full stop. The only thing I could find was to erase the queue but I spent a bit of time building it. I remember in X3 the ship commands were much more in depth. You could order a specific ship to stop or give a fleet-wide command but I just can't seem to find anything similar in X4 short of clearing the whole queue.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: Stop A Ship Without Erasing Queue?

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 11:45

you can issue a Fly and Wait command, then promote it to the top of the queue using the arrows. It should then carry out the instruction and Wait for a Signal from you to proceed where you can either delete the command or open a Comm to the captain and tell them to proceed with their orders where it will carry on with the 12 point queue you had already setup

moppidoo

Post by moppidoo » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 14:18

I don't know if this works for your 12 commands queue but it should, if you got order lines showing for your assets, then by default, left-click drag allows you to insert a fly and wait command on the map screen. Since you want him to do it right away, you drag the blue line which is the immediate command that it is executing.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:00

Thanks for the advice but it didn't work. To be sure I disabled all my mods (though I had no command related mods) and tried:

1. Start new game
2. Hired a captain and assigned to ship
3. Stood on dock and created a path of 5 points using right-click -> "Fly to"

** At this point I had 5 "fly and wait" commands in queue
** Immediately after the first point, my pilot undocked without me needing to click the start queue button

4. Click+Drag (shift+click, ctrl+click too) to create a new point in front of the ship
5. My pilot reached the point and immediately went to the second point
6. After reaching the final point, my pilot announced over comms they were waiting for orders.

** I also tried the same procedure with me standing in my ship instead of on the dock and got the same results.
** I see no way of pausing the queue (gui button)
** I see no hotkey to issue "hold (selected ship) or "all ships hold" as we had in X3 (this may have been a mod?)

moppidoo

Post by moppidoo » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:48

You're right, my theory is wrong

the fly-and-wait doesn't actually do the "wait" bit...

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 07:34

moppidoo wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:48
You're right, my theory is wrong

the fly-and-wait doesn't actually do the "wait" bit...
Yeah, I wish Ego would focus a bit on these smaller gameplay elements. A patch that is devoted to more ship control would go a long way to making the game less tedious.

For me, I'd like to see either a "Stop" command that immediately goes to the top of queue and enacts the default idle behavior, or at the very least a "pause queue" button
that basically does the same thing. Alternatively, "fly and wait" tweaked with a time limit would work. Similar to how you can adjust the radius of Explore, a "wait" slider
(in seconds) that goes from 0 to 300 where 0 is no wait and 300 is 5 minutes.

Or even easier, a simple "wait" command with the same adjustible slider. I remember in X3 I had many more options when it came to commanding ships, though I don't
remember if that was base game or added with a mod.

Return to “X4: Foundations”