Factions buying ships from you

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Miravlix
x4

Factions buying ships from you

Post by Miravlix » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 18:45

As far as I can tell, if I can go into the buy menu and select High Preset, it seems like they will buy from me.

In case of a Nemesis, I don't need any medium weapons to sell it, that makes for a really strange Nemesis, but hey I will take the money. (I had turrets due to needing them for stations.)

Also you need the right ship type to make them buy, but they are perfectly happy with buying the preferred ship with other races equipment. I buy the teladi shields and paranid engines and Argon is more than happy buying Quazar fighters with those engines and shields.

Do they pay more for top and fully fitted ships? (No idea what they pay, shouldn't this be logged every time we sell a ship???)

If I only have Teladi shields, does that mean all races that buy from me end up with the best shields or is it a somewhat faked purchase and it create a standard faction ship as it leaves the warf?

ezra-r
x4

Re: Factions buying ships from you

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:11

I would guess they pay the same price you would in one of their shipyards/Wharfs. But you can set the percentage of the price they pay, I rise up to 110% and they still keep buying.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:47

you can rise up 150% and they going buy like crazy ,, after this point is game over anyways
except if you declare war

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:48

vadiolive wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:47
you can rise up 150% and they going buy like crazy ,, after this point is game over anyways
I think you mean any money making is going to outpace spending, not that it's true yet, with just one warf running fully self supplied for me.

The Paranid and Split quests require a ton of money and I need a fleet of my own when I'm done with those, but yeah after that income should be way higher than spending, so bit over the top to call the start of warf/shipyards the end of the game. It's perhaps the height of the mid game and as you finish spending money on fleets it moves toward end game, but that is like 100++ hours after the first warf.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 11:00

I have 15b in my account from my SY and Wharf.
I really like this end-game, post-money phase.

It made Paranid plot much easier and faster, as I was just bother with construction and resource delivery, but not costs.
Same with Split plot that I'm currently doing.

I hope that 4.0 will introduce more of such plots.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 17:03

I am buying/building so many Fleets for defence and conquer that the money from Shipyard/Wharf is constantly being spent, not game over, but deep end-game :D

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 17:44

Because SY and wharfs produce such obscene amounts of money, i limit myself on who can purchase from them. In my current ZYA playthrough, only myself and ZYA can purchase ships at my shipyard.

Ive yet to see a faction buy equipment from other races at my shipyard thiugh.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 17:46

vadiolive wrote:
Nah thats just an initial rush when they can fill all their quotas in an all peaceful hoarder's game where all factions buy from player. Eventually they push back xenon and the situation stabilises.

I had a wharf that made 6-800m/h initially then it dropped to about 120m/h with xenon being extinct and ZYA & FAF as an enemy.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 04:02

:P my bad i forget how pacefull vanilla game is....

<- running with VRO+FE all time

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 06:43

vadiolive wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 04:02
:P my bad i forget how pacefull vanilla game is....

<- running with VRO+FE all time
Lol, i wish my vanilla game was as peaceful as whatever you're imagining...

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 13:33

Miravlix wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 02:48
vadiolive wrote:
I think you mean any money making is going to outpace spending, not that it's true yet, with just one warf running fully self supplied for me.

The Paranid and Split quests require a ton of money and I need a fleet of my own when I'm done with those, but yeah after that income should be way higher than spending, so bit over the top to call the start of warf/shipyards the end of the game. It's perhaps the height of the mid game and as you finish spending money on fleets it moves toward end game, but that is like 100++ hours after the first warf.

these quests SEEM like they require a lot of money... However I did the Paranid quest in a single M ship. The fights worked themselves out without me.

Return to “X4: Foundations”