Engine Parts / Advanced Electronics factories run out of credits

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

Engine Parts / Advanced Electronics factories run out of credits

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:19

Before I go deep and maybe report.

Do your engine parts / advanced electronics factories run out of credits too? Mine seem to just always go down instead of generate credits.

Is this known? any of you know about this? is it just me?

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Engine Parts / Advanced Electronics factories run out of credits

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:49

No
But I usually build full (or nearly full) supply chains within my factories, so this answer is pretty much irrelevant to you.

-Compare the cost at which it buys the wares and the costs at which it sells
-Check how much storage is dedicated to the end product. Your station may be in the process of filling to certain threshold where it drops its prices a bit and become competitive. If that's the issue, then it will stabilise over time. I tend to avoid too much storage on stations I use to generate income for that reason.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 20:52

Mine are giving me profits.

How you set the factories? You have set the factories to no buy raw materials from other factions? Buying raw materialsss isss the main reassson of losssing profitssss.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:45

The factories require workforce to make most of their profit. X4 industry is balanced around workforce so without 100% fulfilled workforce the modules will be highly prone to losing money.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 22:38

Well I noticed that too with my stations. I think it is because of my wharf that is consuming those wares in high quantities. I think if your traders from other stations or your stations trader do a trade with one of your stations, no money is transferred.

Dunno if I remember that correctly but there was a dev response on the own traders trade with player faction topic somewhere.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 00:46

rene6740 wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 22:38
Well I noticed that too with my stations. I think it is because of my wharf that is consuming those wares in high quantities. I think if your traders from other stations or your stations trader do a trade with one of your stations, no money is transferred.
That is correct. Internal trades do not move money around. Why this behaviour is the intended behaviour I am not sure as it does make book keeping problematic. However it also does solve the money collection problem of XR where low down industries would end up with all the profit and never pay it to the player automatically.

If you use the product of a factory internally, the solution is to also produce the raw materials internally. This creates a net money flow of 0.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 01:09

Thanks for your answers guys! Much appreciated.

It seems to me that I hit both cases, near owned Wharf/Shipyard station and I tend to build factories with LAAAARGE cargo hold :D

Thanks!!

Return to “X4: Foundations”