Queston about missle Turrets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staur106
x4

Queston about missle Turrets

Post by Staur106 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 00:49

Hello what is the diffrence betwine Dumpfire and Tracking turrets.
not much informason about it in the informasion tap :p

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Queston about missle Turrets

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 08:49

Dumbfire missiles are unguided and only go in a straight line towards whatever the launcher was pointing at when the missile launched. These are suitable for large and static or slow-moving targets and usually have a large warhead.

Tracking missiles will home onto a target after launch and so are better for smaller, faster and more agile targets and usually have a smaller warhead (unless they are as big and slow as with homing torpedoes). Tracking missiles are usually more expensive than equivalent dumbfire missiles.

The type of turret shows the type of missile it fires.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Staur106
x4

Re: Queston about missle Turrets

Post by Staur106 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 04:44

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 08:49
Dumbfire missiles are unguided and only go in a straight line towards whatever the launcher was pointing at when the missile launched. These are suitable for large and static or slow-moving targets and usually have a large warhead.

Tracking missiles will home onto a target after launch and so are better for smaller, faster and more agile targets and usually have a smaller warhead (unless they are as big and slow as with homing torpedoes). Tracking missiles are usually more expensive than equivalent dumbfire missiles.

The type of turret shows the type of missile it fires.
ah i see i was trying to figure out what to use agienst stations and such i think i get it now thank you :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”