Does Dock and Pier location affect IIS pathing? Congestion?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spooidz
x4

Does Dock and Pier location affect IIS pathing? Congestion?

Post by spooidz » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 01:11

In X3 I always had docks and piers placed out from the superstructures for NPC and my own access, especially for IIS.

But in X4 it seems all the docks and piers are part of the superstructure or even tighter the inside enclosures.

When we build our PHQ or our own stations do we gain any better pathing or trade performance if we use the available connectors to get them farther away from the superstructures?

pref
x4

Re: Does Dock and Pier location affect IIS pathing? Congestion?

Post by pref » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 16:21

The less they have to travel the quicker they are so it's better to move it out towards the nearest highway or gate imo. Aso pathing through the complex structure will take more time and pathing cannot be perfect in such a dense area.

You don't need to connect them at all though, any complex will work without connectors.

OneOfMany
x4

Re: Does Dock and Pier location affect IIS pathing? Congestion?

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 11:44

All docks on the outermost parts of the station works for me. I keep my pier's and S/M docks completely separate on oposite side of the station. I also orientate them so they are side on to a gate. The spice must flow...

Return to “X4: Foundations”