[Feature Request] Crew Quarters

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Agamemnon1
x4

[Feature Request] Crew Quarters

Post by Agamemnon1 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 20:18

I'm sure this is not a new idea, but now that the new version will make crew transfers much easier, can someone think about whether a location to interact with them is possible? Crew quarters, a mess hall, locker rooms or whatever, just a place you can get to see the crew that's not on the bridge, etc.

It could be like a briefing rooms where they are all sitting down, in case not having pathing for them makes it easier.

Places like that on stations would be helpful, too, for when the denizens leave the docking area deserted.

It would also help a little with the [bug?] where crews visibly disappear off the bridge of capital ships when you are standing on the bridge (not flying the ship) and you go through some accelerator/gate or whatever. Maybe then you could go find those disappearing guys and ask them to come back up to the bridge! :)

Obviously, this could be added anytime, but it would be a great addition for the next DLC, too...

Thanks!

Falcrack
x4

Re: [Feature Request] Crew Quarters

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 21:43

Increasing the interiors of larger ships would be welcome, I feel. They feel a little too small currently.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 23:01

Yes! Absolutely. We really do need a place we can easily see what each character looks like and fire or move right then and there. I like some of the new crew transfer stuff, but I would still like even more options with it. The mass crew transfer, you can't really see who you are moving (what exactly are their skills and appearance) and with the new crew transfer menu, you can see their appearance and skills but can only move them one by one! If the new crew transfer menu let you move multiple people at the same time that would be great. Also, more interiors on ships would be nice.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 11:39

Something like the back room of the Skunk only bigger with white boards and a ceiling projector.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 19:25

Has been discussed a lot.
The developers' response is they want to spend resources and manpower on something mechanically viable and not only for aesthetics as they are worried most players will not even see these "scenery" parts (or will see them only once and never return again).

Remember, there are some "X3 fans" out there who think spacelegs are heresy and want to use some mods like "Never Enter Stations Again" (be it their will, they'd removed cockpits, as well as NPCs and all station interiors altogether). :wink:

Personally I am still dreaming about my own frigging office with board of directors for my empire with the ability to automate the empire managing tasks. Should not be that hard (just add the AI parts of NPC factions to the player faction so player's COs would automatically build and maintain police forces, trader fleet or even amass some "conquest fleets" on their own with only general approval from a player).

Return to “X4: Foundations”