What new game mechanics would you like to see?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sware
x4

Re: What new game mechanics would you like to see?

Post by sware » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 21:06

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 9. Jul 20, 21:28
We all know that existing game mechanics could always use a bit more refinement and bug squashing. But what are some new game mechanics which would you would like to see in X4? Here's my list

1. Salvaging. Not just picking up inventory drops, but actually cutting up the wrecked hulls left behind after battles, to harvest hull parts and other wares. NPC salvagers would roam around also to help clean up the wreckage left behind. Also NPC bailing when attacked by other NPCs, with bailed ships being picked up by NPC salvagers if the player is not quick enough. Player owned ships operated by NPCs with low morale would have a chance to bail when attacked.
+1

I would really like this feature. This could also be another way to get parts for modifications, as an alternative to missions & ventures (low chances for rare items) and be another reason for exploring dangerous regions. (And maybe we could get some hybrid/kitbash ships for salvaging :) )
It could also support a future pirate economy if you can get back hull parts and/or refined metals.

Maybe the mining mechanics could be recycled and modified, they seem pretty similar at a first glance. Just change the color effect of the mining laser and go. And all the wrecks would finally have a purpose instead of being deathtraps while using the spacesuit.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 18:48

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 20:04
taztaz502 wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 19:47
Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 17:19
Consumer (non-war) economies. Such as recreational stations, tourism with tourist/liner ship class and planetary trade hubs to send wares down to planets, such as those we terraform.
+1

Sadly even developers have no idea what they want to do with terraforming other than the fact that they can change the shaders to change the visuals of the planet so they will and call it a feature, throw in a bogus quest with little/no reward, huge cost/time sink for ultimately no purpose according to the recent dev interview. :evil:

even on of the first questions in the Q&A was a better idea than everything we seen in the cradle of humanity trailer, bar from the terran ships.

"Will 4.0 have a death alternative or auto-eject to avoid “game over” and push us to recover from potentially big losses rather than reload?"
Sounds more like you just want to do things without risk than developing situational awareness or playing cautiously.
With that said there are reasons to give an auto-eject/teleport for the current gamestate, but I'll rather see what comes out than give a suggestion at this point.
Nothing is a risk, i can produce enough ships and wipe out the entire galaxy at this point or at early game i can just reload a quick save before i go into battle...

It would just add immersion flying in a fighter and ejecting and having to get rescued or having to rescue your own pilots, my point was the expansion trailer was that lackluster that even the very first suggestion on the Q&A would of added more interesting gameplay.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 19:14

1) Move the damn HQ.
2) Deconstructing ships in SY/Wharfs for resources.
3) Proper pirate economy (loot, boarding, pirate ship buidling stations instead of spawning out of thin air).
4) Reverse engineering of blueprints (improtant for pirate gameplay).
5) More HQ interiors with useful fnctions (e.g. Representative embassy, training academy, black market corner).
6) Factions uniforms and dress codes (no more hoodies for my employees).
7) Buying plaint mods from traders.
8) More direct player war interactions (e.g. donating ships, stations).
9) Diplomacy (negotiating or buying peace, declaring war, so I don't have to "grind down" from +25 rank to minus rank).

negarnex
x4

Post by negarnex » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 19:19

More plots and graphs! Station management is not enuff. Also add graphs to autotraders and miners that track their profit since the moment of assignment.

Johnson98
x4

Post by Johnson98 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 19:34

negarnex wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 19:19
More plots and graphs! Station management is not enuff. Also add graphs to autotraders and miners that track their profit since the moment of assignment.
Something along those lines is already planned for 4.0.

Hero77
x4

Post by Hero77 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 20:21

I would like to see either one of theese two things:

1) When starting a new game, there is an additional option/game start that will create a new unique random universe (layout).

2) Extend the wormhole-"mechanic", so that it works like in EVE Online, where when you enter a whormhole you get into a seperate every-changing randomly connected network of sectors where only periodically and with luck you will find again exit-connections that return you to the "known" universe sectors.
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 15:15

I’d like to see:

1) Multiplayer
2) Landing on planets
3) Player character customisation
4) FPS boarding?
5) Jumpdrive
6) Station boarding

I don’t think any of that will ever be implemented, though. Maybe in the next X game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”