X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity - Unveiling the next chapter of X4: Foundations

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:09

MegaJohnny wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:37
Anyway, the Terran station parts are absolutely spectacular, reminding me of when I first saw the big Terran stations in TC! Can't wait to see more.
If you look close at the habitat rings, you will notice parks, soccer fields and possibly swimming pools - I wonder if there will be posibility to interior walk there?
Another thing is that Terran station seem much bigger, so I wonder if Egosoft will expand maximum plot size for station building?

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:44
MegaJohnny wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:37
I'm wary of assuming there'll be two sets of Terran ships, given the new art complexity of the ships. Granted the vertical ship is very unlike the horizontal ships, but they're all very blade-like and edgy, so I could imagine them being made by the same faction.

Anyway, the Terran station parts are absolutely spectacular, reminding me of when I first saw the big Terran stations in TC! Can't wait to see more.
Yeh I think the ships are all USC, and I expect the Yaki will just use the same ships. The fighters share the large wing design language and the capitals all share the disc + flat + curves, I think its 1 set of ships, even though my initial reaction to the vertical fighters was "its yaki" because of the x3 pegasus. If ATF are even present ide be very surprised if they had more than just 1 special ship or something.
I wouldnt be surprised if 4.0 seperate from the DLC comes with a new ship or 2 though like 3.0.

The logo looks like the Torus + Earth + the Moon?
Lets hope that al least Terran XL ship will be worthy successor to Kyoto and Valhalla.
I wrap my head around how would Yaki survive in Terran space? Albeit that footage in purple asteroid field with HQ base seems like outside of Sol, so maybe DLC contain not only Sol, but some other systems.

Good catch with "Torus + Earth + the Moon" logo - it seem very fitting for Terran logo. This mean all these odd looking fighters are definetly Terran.
USC Fighters in X3 had names of various blades and swords - I guess they change the design style to actually become blades :)
Sabre, Cutlass, Claymore - seems fitting names for these ships.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:29

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 16:09
If you look close at the habitat rings, you will notice parks, soccer fields and possibly swimming pools - I wonder if there will be posibility to interior walk there?
Please please please let us walk around some of the awesome station components! Docks are great but if there's a way to easily slap some walking lanes on anything, please do it! Not everyone has to enjoy it but many of us will! :D
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 17:14

For the IGN extended reveal teaser thing, whats that ship at around 2.50? The one launching Chimeras, looks like a split ship but its really unfamiliar.

Terran Fighters: Not my style tbh, don't really like the looks, but if they work well I guess they might replace my Chimeras.
Terran Destroyer: My new favorite ship, I think its one of the best of the X series thus far. Like the Osaka, but way sleeker.

Also I hope that Terran station they can dock in near the end is buildable too. While it honestly feels like the AI might have issues with it, then again the Teladi Trading Station worked out so far, it is a shiny new dock rather than the old boring ones. Personally I think it was a waste that admin centres while apparently having quick launch pads lack actual docking pads, maybe they'll revisit it? With a little sprucing up they could work nice as a player observation post.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 17:21

Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 17:14
For the IGN extended reveal teaser thing, whats that ship at around 2.50? The one launching Chimeras, looks like a split ship but its really unfamiliar.
That a Raptor from front and slightly top angle.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:04

now this is a pretty ship https://youtu.be/__973uiwrkY?t=350 looks so much like my kyoto.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:28

ADMNtek wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:04
now this is a pretty ship https://youtu.be/__973uiwrkY?t=350 looks so much like my kyoto.
I mention there is lack of visible destroyer weapons on this, other than Large turret mounts.
However I wonder if that square in the middle is a drone bay or possible some kind of Terran heavy weapon.

Edit: Or maybe this is not a weapon, but an empty weapon mount?

That way there would be a big cannon in the middle like in Wing Commander 5 for Midway:
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/1 ... /mwayh.jpg

Going back to Terran destroyer - I freaking love the wing fins on the top of the saucer behind the bridge.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:43

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 17:21
Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 17:14
That a Raptor from front and slightly top angle.
Fortunately I'm on one now. And so it is. Thanks.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 14:50
rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 14:44
Looks like onward right with my prediction regarding terraforming. It’s a resource sink which can change some visuals. My second guess was that it will increase workforce gains :)
Anything that provides me with late game goal is welcome. Before X4 I always felt emptines whenever I passed my first destroyers an carrier - there was simply nothing more to do.

X4 give you player shipyards, sector control, long and expensive plots that change the galaxy and now they add Terraforming.
X4 already has much better endgame that all other X-games combined.

What interest me is that Terran DLC will add a spin to existing plot missions - maybe they'll add a 3rd path for each plot that will boost replayability? That would definetly encourage to start a new game, albeit I'm already attached to my Empire that I build since 1.0.

Well X3 had the HUB plot :) The plots in X4 are way to easy in my opinion. Wharfs/Shipyards print so much money that even when you start a new game those 400m/1b donations is not that much.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:56

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:45
Well X3 had the HUB plot :) The plots in X4 are way to easy in my opinion. Wharfs/Shipyards print so much money that even when you start a new game those 400m/1b donations is not that much.
I had full economy, shipyard and 10 bil account when I started the Paranid plot, but I still enjoyed building new Capital Base for Trinity unification. Not to mention the Trinity fleet, which I funded and provided was patrolling back and forth in Paranid space - it really made me feel like I have an impact, beyond the generic gameplay.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 19:02

If 4.0 brings new ships as well they have to be some non-standard high performance ship to somehow compete with Terrans. Terrans have been historically overpowered since that is just who they are....plus I STILL want the official version of the Hyperion and other special ships like it :p

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 19:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:56
rene6740 wrote:
I had full economy, shipyard and 10 bil account when I started the Paranid plot, but I still enjoyed building new Capital Base for Trinity unification. Not to mention the Trinity fleet, which I funded and provided was patrolling back and forth in Paranid space - it really made me feel like I have an impact, beyond the generic gameplay.
I chose to create the superpirates instead and helped them completely delete the original factions. I hope Terrans have some sort of diplomacy as well. I would imagine Terran-Argon unification or Terran-Argon war....but the latter would mean the absolute destruction of the Argon since they are already fighting the other 2 strongest factions in the game...so I guess it could be Terran-Argon peace or Terran vs Yaki + Argon tag team war.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 19:56

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:28
ADMNtek wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:04
I mention there is lack of visible destroyer weapons on this, other than Large turret mounts.
However I wonder if that square in the middle is a drone bay or possible some kind of Terran heavy weapon.

Edit: Or maybe this is not a weapon, but an empty weapon mount?

That way there would be a big cannon in the middle like in Wing Commander 5 for Midway:
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/1 ... /mwayh.jpg

Going back to Terran destroyer - I freaking love the wing fins on the top of the saucer behind the bridge.
i think the large pads on the side pods are weapon mounts. when the camera pans under the ship it looks like it has something mounted on it. and the openings at the front of those pods could be mounts for the heavy guns like the ones on the behemoth.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 18:56
rene6740 wrote:
Well not so much for me. TEM send it into par space and it got wrecked. Then HOP came and killed TEM so no impact for me.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:12

Silly question, but did anyone else have a problem with this evening's Live Stream? I tuned into it using the link given in the original post, but just got a much older recorded video from a few months back - just after 3.20 went into Beta. What went wrong?

Scoob.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:15

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:12
Silly question, but did anyone else have a problem with this evening's Live Stream? I tuned into it using the link given in the original post, but just got a much older recorded video from a few months back - just after 3.20 went into Beta. What went wrong?

Scoob.
that is the stream, they just are replaying that part now again, dont know why, you missed the live stuff, I think after this old stuff they will continue live again but idk
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:17

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:15

that is the stream, they just are replaying that part now again, dont know why, you missed the live stuff, I think after this old stuff they will continue live again but idk
Yes, I just checked in again and it's the May 2020 Stream that's playing, which is the same one that played for me earlier too. Something evidently went really screwy for me, but I cannot see what I could have done wrong when simply clicking on a link lol.

Note: When I first started watching the stream, it started with the new Cradle of Humanity trailer with the voice-over. Then there was an advert and it started playing the May 2020 Stream, not the "Live" one. At least, this is how it worked, or rather didn't work, for me. I'd been sat here killing time waiting for 18:00 BST too lol.

Just popping over to Youtube and watching from the start there...

Scoob.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:44

Shehriazad wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 21:06
It's slowly but surely becoming very jarring.

I get that it's easier to just reuse interiors for all races n stuff...but for frikks sake Terrans have been SO detached from everyone else that this is just plain ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong I am still VERY much looking forward to the next DLC, but this issue of interiors looking all the same AND shipyards looking the same across ALL races will NEVER stop bugging me. (And for shipyards this would even be easy-ish to fix simply by attaching some stylized armor plates depending on the race to the exterior of the "base" shell. It'd make em all feel more fitting without having to redo it all)
Yeah, if they do this with the Boron? Then i'll be very annoyed.
Scoob wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:17
Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 20:15

Yes, I just checked in again and it's the May 2020 Stream that's playing, which is the same one that played for me earlier too. Something evidently went really screwy for me, but I cannot see what I could have done wrong when simply clicking on a link lol.

Note: When I first started watching the stream, it started with the new Cradle of Humanity trailer with the voice-over. Then there was an advert and it started playing the May 2020 Stream, not the "Live" one. At least, this is how it worked, or rather didn't work, for me. I'd been sat here killing time waiting for 18:00 BST too lol.

Just popping over to Youtube and watching from the start there...

Scoob.
Yeah, same here, it started talking about 3.10 Patch and the 3.20 being in Beta and I was like... "Hang on?? They just released 3.30?".

Yet it says it's the 2020 unveiling at the top?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Imari
x4

Post by Imari » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 21:13

Terran Kyoto has 48 turrets in X3, pls tell me the Kyoto still has the 48 turrets in X4: Cradle of Humanity...

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 21:22

Imari wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 21:13
Terran Kyoto has 48 turrets in X3, pls tell me the Kyoto still has the 48 turrets in X4: Cradle of Humanity...
We don't even know if we're getting the Kyoto in the first place. Although if we do it'll probably have more than that based on the Raptor. Although who knows how many of those are L sized.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 28. Aug 20, 21:35

Imari wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 21:13
This is not Kyoto, the video shows an L-sized ship (class M7C or Carrier Frigates). Most likely it's Maccana or a similar ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations”