X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021, 6pm CET; Livestream at 5pm CET)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Cradle of Humanity (Release Date March 16, 2021)

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:09

Y-llian wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 16:43
I’m calling my new faction ‘Mothers Aeternal’ - they started out as a charity to support families impacted by the destruction of the Torus, but over time, has become more militant. They’re not happy with the Earth government’s response and now the gates are open... well... as Shakespeare’s Mark Anthony said, ‘’Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war." Just gotta work out which character start’s best for this story idea. And will the reality of waging revenge change the Mothers? Who knows!?
Best X Movie pitch I read in a long while. Come on Hollywood! If you can make NFS, you can make this. :lol:

MFG

Ketraar

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:19

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 15:13
I'm really liking the new terran npc models, from what I can see anyway.
Sorry to disappoint you buddy... after watching the video 3 times (the third stopping almost frame by frame) I can confirm that any NPC shown in the trailer are Split!!! (both the one that pilots the player's ship in from of him/her and the bridge personnel).
Probably for the best so that potential buyers of the DLC will not be disappointed...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:25

No there is a terran bridge with 3 npcs and there is also the footage in the new gamestarts.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:27

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:09
Y-llian wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 16:43
I’m calling my new faction ‘Mothers Aeternal’ - they started out as a charity to support families impacted by the destruction of the Torus, but over time, has become more militant. They’re not happy with the Earth government’s response and now the gates are open... well... as Shakespeare’s Mark Anthony said, ‘’Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war." Just gotta work out which character start’s best for this story idea. And will the reality of waging revenge change the Mothers? Who knows!?
Best X Movie pitch I read in a long while. Come on Hollywood! If you can make NFS, you can make this. :lol:

MFG

Ketraar
Nahhhh...
1. Hollywood lacks the inspiration to create the kind of Terrans Egosoft created...
2. Hollywood gets literature students as unpaid interns to check the opening (and closing) titles, where the loadscreens of X4 are the same with X Rebirth (and many of them irrelevant).
3. Hollywood scriptwriters are heavily chastised if they put the greeting at the end of the conversation instead of the beginning (first time you click on Boso Ta)...
4. Hollywood puts natives of the race that owns a space station to handle landings...
and the list goes on.

P.S. I have put these concerns (all three of them) in the support forum. I did get a reply on the Human design (partial IMHO) but it didn't change that much...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:29

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:25
No there is a terran bridge with 3 npcs and there is also the footage in the new gamestarts.
That bridge has Split NPCS... checked it... as for the gamestarts... they can even have a real, living cast for their mini trailer... the truth is under the hood (as always)...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:31

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:29
Axeface wrote:
That bridge has Split NPCS... checked it... as for the gamestarts... they can even have a real, living cast for their mini trailer... the truth is under the hood (as always)...
What are you talking about? https://youtu.be/Zs2BwzOKjhs?t=136
And the player model in the start that has the kukri, we get a good look at him and he looks cool.

enlightenment
x4

Post by enlightenment » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:40

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:31
dtpsprt wrote:
Axeface wrote:
And the player model in the start that has the kukri, we get a good look at him and he looks cool.
He is displeased by the aesthetics of the Terran/Argon NPCs and doesn't accept them as such. :roll:

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:47

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:31
They do look Human (stopping frame by frame), of the "nun" variety with skirts (wandering how much air can a skirt keep in case of a hull breach... will have to ask Shatner about it or Rodenberry when I die) and the one male was too far away and too low resolution to actually see the face... the posture though was same old - same old not giving any promises about what it'll be...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:50

enlightenment wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:40
He is displeased by the aesthetics of the Terran/Argon NPCs and doesn't accept them as such. :roll:
Of course I am... because they were a lot of levels better before V3.00, all they had to do was change their clothes (from homeless style to space style). Instead we got this embarassment of graphic design.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:55

dtpsprt wrote:
That bridge has Split NPCS...
I, for one, would like to have actual split looking like these and not like… some medieval middle-east peddlers with their cargo camels parked somewhere around the corner. :D

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 18:04

trailer looks awesome and looks like we are getting a huge capital ship beam weapon very pleased about that 8)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:06

Did I spy beam weapons on the Xenon I? Looked like 2 med beam turrets were doing their thing... kind of out of place for the Xenon to have those weaponry given their med pulse turret is supremely OP to any other medium turret.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:12

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:06
Did I spy beam weapons on the Xenon I? Looked like 2 med beam turrets were doing their thing... kind of out of place for the Xenon to have those weaponry given their med pulse turret is supremely OP to any other medium turret.
The Xenon I has beam weapons for quite some time now, yes. At least since 3.0 but maybe even before that. You usually don't notice them as they are guarding the I's stern, where you don't need heavy hitters but anti-S weapons ;)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:18

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:12
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:06
The Xenon I has beam weapons for quite some time now, yes. At least since 3.0 but maybe even before that. You usually don't notice them as they are guarding the I's stern, where you don't need heavy hitters but anti-S weapons ;)
lol well... I destroyed the Xenon in my game prior to 3.0 and the Split and Paranid had no problems moving in on their new space in the Vendetta expansion, so I never saw it =p The I that I captured back in 2019 has all medium impulse turrets in all of its slots.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 23:23

I forgot to say, the stations look REALLY good. That train going around with the lights, looks so nice.
And some of the shots are marvelous, especially the one with the condor and the one with the yaki/xenon one at the end. Oh and the one of the I in the fog...
Kukri and Katana (strangely, as I didnt like the katana teaser shot a while back) are probably gonna be my fave terran ships.

The gate right at the start of the video, from the backdrop it looks like thats the inactive gate in argon prime... thats gonna be fun :)

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:21

dtpsprt wrote:
Axeface wrote:
Heys, I'm the creator of the trailer. To clear up confusion, the Terran ship's bridge only showed the new Terran NPC models. As a matter of fact, there wasn't a single Split NPC recorded in this trailer.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:57

repatomonor wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:21
Heys, I'm the creator of the trailer. To clear up confusion, the Terran ship's bridge only showed the new Terran NPC models. As a matter of fact, there wasn't a single Split NPC recorded in this trailer.
Ooo Ooo then can you tell us what that ship with the sail is if it's not a secret?

loved the trailer, btw. it was very well cut together!
rebellionpac.com

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 02:08

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 01:57
repatomonor wrote:
Ooo Ooo then can you tell us what that ship with the sail is if it's not a secret?

It is such a secret that I'm legally bound not to tell anything about it until the DLC is released ;)

However, I can hint at multiple logical strings. It has lots of docks, it somewhat resembles another ship, and it has a singe giant engine to propel it. I wonder what this means, Mason!

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 02:30

Vertigo 7 wrote:
repatomonor wrote:

99.999% chance the ship is called
Spoiler
Show
The Honshu and it's their Auxiliary Ship, The solar sail is a Generator for long range voyages and it has a Substantial cargo bay over the other Aux ships.
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 02:39

Matterom wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 02:30
Vertigo 7 wrote:
repatomonor wrote:

99.999% chance the ship is called
Spoiler
Show
The Honshu and it's their Auxiliary Ship, The solar sail is a Generator for long range voyages and it has a Substantial cargo bay over the other Aux ships.
I'm with ya, and I'm heavily leaning that way myself. The ONLY thing that's making me question that is the other aux ships have 2 or more XL engines. So I'll hedge and say its likely this but could be space pirates.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “X4: Foundations”