How to supply wares to restock station drones?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

leoriq
x3ap

How to supply wares to restock station drones?

Post by leoriq » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 11:41

I have a defence station that refuses to take drone components and smart chips for making drones.
It has 2000 energy cells stocked from NPCs, but that's it. Being a defence station it has no storage, and putting wares into Build Storage doesn't do the trick.

How do I solve that issue?
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How to supply wares to restock station drones?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:03

If it is a capital freighter, does it or the station have cargodrones? (Though I expect the ship must have some or you wouldn't be able to deliver to the build storage.)

I seem to vaguely remember somebody posting that their station started demanding components and smart chips for drones when the station manager made 4 stars.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:18

it M freighter. On Logical overview there are requirements for drone components, energy cells and smartchips listed. Statin even has all energy cells already stored somewhere - Build Storage is empty and regular Storage never existed. But there is no Trade offers for drone components and smartchips when I try to trade or transfer wares.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:49

Have you tried adding storage?

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:57

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:49
Why? It already stores those energy cells somewhere. And I have another defence station other side of the galaxy, that never had storage, but has drones all right.
So it isn't related to lack of Storage

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 13:08

leoriq wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:57
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 12:49
Why? It already stores those energy cells somewhere. And I have another defence station other side of the galaxy, that never had storage, but has drones all right.
So it isn't related to lack of Storage
Wait, they just magically manifest storage for drones? Never knew that.

aard00
x4

Post by aard00 » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 13:19

leoriq wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 11:41
I have a defence station that refuses to take drone components and smart chips for making drones.
It has 2000 energy cells stocked from NPCs, but that's it. Being a defence station it has no storage, and putting wares into Build Storage doesn't do the trick.

How do I solve that issue?
I've sunk a stupid number of hours into this game, and still don't know exactly what constitutes a Defense Platform - if that's what you mean by "defense station". My Defense Platforms, and I have quite a number of them, as classified by the game, are just connectors with defense discs, and nothing else, including no drones.

However, and I'm hoping this will help you, I do have many stations that produce wares with defense discs and drones. How I stock those with drones is, either:

1. Choose the drones I want in Logical Overview, and automagically they fill at a time that can be almost instantaneous or take many hours, or
2. I ship the required number of drone components, smart chips, and energy cells manually to the station - not to the build storage. When I do that, I get the drones just about instantaneously.

I'll add that all those stations have container storage, but I don't know if that's a requirement or not because I have seen at least 1 reddit that suggests it isn't.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 13:31

It should have trade offers for the missing drone wares. If trade offers are gone that could mean that an npc trader is en route. It will first buy the stuff and then deliver to you - could take some time.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:00

pref wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 13:31
It should have trade offers for the missing drone wares. If trade offers are gone that could mean that an npc trader is en route. It will first buy the stuff and then deliver to you - could take some time.
Shouldn't it show the NPC trader then? Recently I did have a seeming problem where my build storage lost its claytronics trade offers, which honestly shouldn't have been filled since its 20k+. But I just transfer wares manually, that bypasses trade offers.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:09

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 7. Sep 20, 14:00
Shouldn't it show the NPC trader then?
It should. When you add drones, the missing resources appear in logical overview connected to the drone order box, where any inbound trader should be listed.
If that doesn't happen then it could be a budget issue - iirc manager needs to have the full required budget amount for drones to get built.

Storage is listed as 'station supply' so no real storage nor build storage is needed for that.

zero_s

Post by zero_s » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 12:56

Hey,

the Traders of my HQ have the same behaviour. If i add just one drone all traders search for the materials but non is moving. Money, missing offers, Traders max. Distance and Storage Space (Compnents will be stored in the internal stations Storage) are not the reason.

Anyone found a solutuon?

Best Regards

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 16:08

Put on a small container storage. The default drone storage that took your cells is SUPER small. I'm betting it was filled up with cells and now cannot hold the other parts. I always add a small storage and couple of docks to my defense stations. If you add one dock and it explodes, you cannot use repair drones, so have backups.

theslay

Post by theslay » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 11:06

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 16:08
Put on a small container storage. The default drone storage that took your cells is SUPER small. I'm betting it was filled up with cells and now cannot hold the other parts. I always add a small storage and couple of docks to my defense stations. If you add one dock and it explodes, you cannot use repair drones, so have backups.
Can't be that. I had the exact same problem with my newly built trade station, with 4 L container storages, and even had smart chips in there brought in by some npc, but they wouldn't fill the specific needs for drones and only appear as available for sale (whereas there was no problem with energy cells, but I had no trade offer up for them, so maybe that's related). I had to manually transfer the required chips/drones parts for it to actually work.
It's worth also noting that my station is recognized as a defense platform by the game, as it didn't have any production module, but only an administrative center, some storage, piers and hangars, and a bunch of defense discs. Money was not the issue either, as the manager had a 10 million budget to start with.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 21:19

You NEED some container storage to put the components in. You might be able to manually transfer drones from a ship that can carry said drones, but once they die you will have to repeat the process. Just build a small container storage, and manually place the required amount of energy cells, smart chips, and drone components in there. You can also wait for your ships or ai to automatically fill the trade order, but the timing on that is hit and miss. Quicker to do the initial job manually, and then let it refit automatically as needed.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 22:46

No you don't. I have 5 defence platforms, none of them has any storage modules, and all but one got stocked with drones without any problems.

Return to “X4: Foundations”