Combining Mouse & Joystick

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X-Badger

Combining Mouse & Joystick

Post by X-Badger » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 11:52

Hi all
Just returning to the X universe after an extended absence with no PC. The new machine means I can try X4, which I’m really looking forward to.

Quick question for you space dwellers. Once I figure out how to use my Saitec X52 Pro (had to unplug it on first try today as it made the screen spin uncontrollably) will I be able to opt for joystick control in the cockpit and mouse control on foot? Or will I have to disappointingly choose one or the other for both.

Badger.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Combining Mouse & Joystick

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 12:36

Moving over to the main gameplay forum (from Tech Sp) and where more stick users will see it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Combining Mouse & Joystick

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 13:54

I have plain X52. Modified profile (in game) for it from someone's X52 Pro example.

On station I tend to move with WASD and stick, but can use mouse too.
In flight stick (and keyboard), but aim to Lockboxes with mouse.

Haven't figured how to use stick on the map, so there I have to reach for the mouse. (In X2/X3 I never touched the mouse during game.)

Answer to formal question: Yes
Both stick and mouse can be used both in cockpit and on foot; simultaneously. You are not forced to play with just one controller.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”