My wishlist for 4.0 and beyond.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Frenchie2403
x4

Re: My wishlist for 4.0 and beyond.

Post by Frenchie2403 » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 15:51

I think there's a lot of great ideas here. I'd have to agree with others when they say they're not too sure about the FPS part. I think the 'UI+QOL' and the 'gameplay, ships and equipment' sections are probably things I want in the game sooner but I'm not a game dev so I don't really know how much work any of these changes would entail.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: My massive wishlist/suggestions/hopes for 4.0 and beyond.

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 05:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:53
The devs do sometimes read such threads but not so much when there are several of them on the go at the same time.
Poor Devs. Imagine 7 4.0 suggestion threads... I don't know how people do it. My Limit is 2 Threads per Major Update.

Falcrack
x4

Re: My massive wishlist/suggestions/hopes for 4.0 and beyond.

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 05:40

Kane Hart wrote:
Sun, 27. Sep 20, 05:05
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:53
The devs do sometimes read such threads but not so much when there are several of them on the go at the same time.
Poor Devs. Imagine 7 4.0 suggestion threads... I don't know how people do it. My Limit is 2 Threads per Major Update.
That just shows folks are passionate about this game. I hope the devs do read and at least consider the suggestions of the players. There is a lot of great potential for X4.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 09:02

In a first-person game, when controlling a fleet from groups of many ships, there is not enough opportunity to somehow mark the same ships of different groups. Yes, there are venture skins, but there are very few of them for 300 ships.
Let there be an unlimited number of some simplest methods, for example, stripes of different colors or badges, and so on.
This would greatly simplify orienteering in major battles, and it's not difficult at all in my opinion.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:02

After discovering there's a finite limit on available labour within a given sector, I've a new wish... I want good old 'TPs' back with a whole new set of commands based around gaining a workforce from around the map. I would love poaching from other factories, perhaps resulting in a lowering of reputation, and also specific station modules that can attract workforce such as fighting pits for the Split, slot machines for the Teladi, temples for the Paranid and free burger stalls for the Argon.

There's a logic flaw around the non-existence of labour fluidity. - The future should take globalisation to a whole new level.

So give me a TP and associated 'gather factory worker' commands or I'll say something rude... Because that always works, doesn't it? :wink:
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:27

Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:02
So give me a TP and associated 'gather factory worker' commands or I'll say something rude... Because that always works, doesn't it? :wink:
Well, the game does already have "tour buses" -- even though they are easiest to see when they hoist the "Criminal" colours.

You want to shanghai crew, deploy head hunters, bribe the labour union, compete with better work benefits (although you pay 0 cr of salary now -- not exactly unlike the slave owning Split) and/or buy peasants. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:46

Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:02
After discovering there's a finite limit on available labour within a given sector, I've a new wish... I want good old 'TPs' back
Something similar is in the OP too.
[* wrote:Allow us to move workforce, add passenger transport ships and add missions to stations to fullfill workforce quotas. Workforce could be a valuable commodity.

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 23:37

I wanted to thank the author of this list.
Of course we have a lot more requests than what we can actually implement and have heard many of the things here before, BUT this is a very well written list with some excellent suggestions. I am going through all of them and will discuss many of them with the team.

Thanks!

-Bernd
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 7. Oct 20, 23:49

Good luck keeping track of all the various request for improvements Bernd! Do you guys have a spreadsheet/word document or something to keep track of them all?

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Post by Bernd » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 00:03

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 23:49
Good luck keeping track of all the various request for improvements Bernd! Do you guys have a spreadsheet/word document or something to keep track of them all?
I always keep long lists of feature requests coming from very different sources mixed with my own ideas and every once in a while I go through them and see what still makes sense in the context of what the game NOW is. It turns out, many of the ideas on such lists have a relatively short halflife as the game is in a constant flux and many older ideas are no longer compatible with more recent changes. Anyway, stay tuned, 4.0 and beyond will be cool ;)
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 08:28

Bernd's answer has caught my attention to this thread, and I could sign for almost all the points highlighted by Axeface with both hands.
Well written, indeed. I hope that majority of those suggestions have a chance to get to game in the future.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 21:22

My wish list is as follows:
1.FIX THE BUGS
2.FIX THE BUGS
2.FIX THE BUGS
4.FIX THE BUGS
5.FIX THE BUGS
6.FIX THE BUGS
7.FIX THE BUGS
8.FIX THE BUGS
9.FIX THE BUGS
10.Bigger Universe
Just... another... bug.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 8. Oct 20, 22:02

For me, it is a big no to FPS combat, one of the top things on his list.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 02:54

Bernd wrote:
Wed, 7. Oct 20, 23:37
I wanted to thank the author of this list.
Thank you for taking the time to read it! My pleasure.
Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 8. Oct 20, 22:02
For me, it is a big no to FPS combat, one of the top things on his list.
As I mentioned in an earlier comment I understand thats a contentious one. Hopefully a point you dont agree with being at the 'top' of the list doesnt cause you to discount the rest of it ;p

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 9. Oct 20, 03:53

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:34

The changelog in 4.0 is impressive and quite a few of the things I've asked for here have been implemented, gonna take a while to get through all the new features and there seems to be a lot of undocumented things too but the one I love the most is the external view change, its so nice to be able to watch things explode! The other huge one is of course HQ relocation, thats a very big one for me and will vastly improve my enjoyment of the game. One undocumented change that is awesome, you increased the brightness of lights in the ship build/redesign menu, this was sorely needed! Thank you for your continued work on X4 Egosoft.

Edit: Oh, and lots more stuff has been added the the encyclopaedia correct? Race descriptions, descriptions for the factions? Really important stuff.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 06:32

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:34
Edit: Oh, and lots more stuff has been added the the encyclopaedia correct? Race descriptions, descriptions for the factions? Really important stuff.
From unpacking catalogue 9 all factions have updated racial and factional descriptions
Spoiler
Show
(including definitions for the upcoming factions from CoH)
. Although for whatever reason only the Paranid and Argon Racial descriptions are displayed in the encyclopaedia despite being included in the Language xml files. Additionally, some encyclopedia descriptions update based on what options you choose in the Paranid and Split plots.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 07:49

I'm glad to see that not only I want passenger transports and people imagine it in pretty much the same way.

The problem is X galaxy looks in somewhat artificial, players can clearly see straight line "whatever -> ship production" when in "real" life spacecraft, car, plains are only tools to achieve something else. A good way to make X universe more interesting is to add passenger transporting in a proper way, not like in vanilla X2/X3. From my perspective (loyal to franchise player and modmaker) it should look like this:

- add at least 1 special ship to each race for passenger transporting
- add missions to transport passengers from one station to another
- add an option for default behavior for automatic passenger transportation, it should generate profit depending on the situation in a sector. If station is under attack, there should be more passengers willing to leave a station
- add pirate missions to bring passengers and sell them as slaves
- workforce shouldn't be created from nothing, workers should use passenger ships to arrive and employer should have an ability to move them between factories
- arrived passengers should have random skills so player can catch some of them in the dock and hire

And what is the most important, passengers should not teleport in and out from the ship like they do in 3.30 (I already reported a bug about that), it should look like a real airport where people move between elevator and spaceship because now it looks dead.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:47

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 06:32
Axeface wrote:
From unpacking catalogue 9 all factions have updated racial and factional descriptions
Spoiler
Show
(including definitions for the upcoming factions from CoH)
. Although for whatever reason only the Paranid and Argon Racial descriptions are displayed in the encyclopaedia despite being included in the Language xml files. Additionally, some encyclopedia descriptions update based on what options you choose in the Paranid and Split plots.
I dont suppose the Boron are in there, are they? 8)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:49

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:47
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 06:32
Axeface wrote:
From unpacking catalogue 9 [..]
I dont suppose the Boron are in there, are they? 8)
A certain egosoft dev already said that leaking & borons is something they are trying to avoid. :P

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Return to “X4: Foundations”