My wishlist for 4.0 and beyond.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: My wishlist for 4.0 and beyond.

Post by Axeface » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:34

The changelog in 4.0 is impressive and quite a few of the things I've asked for here have been implemented, gonna take a while to get through all the new features and there seems to be a lot of undocumented things too but the one I love the most is the external view change, its so nice to be able to watch things explode! The other huge one is of course HQ relocation, thats a very big one for me and will vastly improve my enjoyment of the game. One undocumented change that is awesome, you increased the brightness of lights in the ship build/redesign menu, this was sorely needed! Thank you for your continued work on X4 Egosoft.

Edit: Oh, and lots more stuff has been added the the encyclopaedia correct? Race descriptions, descriptions for the factions? Really important stuff.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 06:32

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:34
Edit: Oh, and lots more stuff has been added the the encyclopaedia correct? Race descriptions, descriptions for the factions? Really important stuff.
From unpacking catalogue 9 all factions have updated racial and factional descriptions
Spoiler
Show
(including definitions for the upcoming factions from CoH)
. Although for whatever reason only the Paranid and Argon Racial descriptions are displayed in the encyclopaedia despite being included in the Language xml files. Additionally, some encyclopedia descriptions update based on what options you choose in the Paranid and Split plots.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 07:49

I'm glad to see that not only I want passenger transports and people imagine it in pretty much the same way.

The problem is X galaxy looks in somewhat artificial, players can clearly see straight line "whatever -> ship production" when in "real" life spacecraft, car, plains are only tools to achieve something else. A good way to make X universe more interesting is to add passenger transporting in a proper way, not like in vanilla X2/X3. From my perspective (loyal to franchise player and modmaker) it should look like this:

- add at least 1 special ship to each race for passenger transporting
- add missions to transport passengers from one station to another
- add an option for default behavior for automatic passenger transportation, it should generate profit depending on the situation in a sector. If station is under attack, there should be more passengers willing to leave a station
- add pirate missions to bring passengers and sell them as slaves
- workforce shouldn't be created from nothing, workers should use passenger ships to arrive and employer should have an ability to move them between factories
- arrived passengers should have random skills so player can catch some of them in the dock and hire

And what is the most important, passengers should not teleport in and out from the ship like they do in 3.30 (I already reported a bug about that), it should look like a real airport where people move between elevator and spaceship because now it looks dead.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:47

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 06:32
Axeface wrote:
From unpacking catalogue 9 all factions have updated racial and factional descriptions
Spoiler
Show
. Although for whatever reason only the Paranid and Argon Racial descriptions are displayed in the encyclopaedia despite being included in the Language xml files. Additionally, some encyclopedia descriptions update based on what options you choose in the Paranid and Split plots.
I dont suppose the Boron are in there, are they? 8)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:49

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 11:47
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Axeface wrote:
From unpacking catalogue 9 [..]
I dont suppose the Boron are in there, are they? 8)
A certain egosoft dev already said that leaking & borons is something they are trying to avoid. :P

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 12:26

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Although for whatever reason only the Paranid and Argon Racial descriptions are displayed in the encyclopaedia despite being included in the Language xml files. Additionally, some encyclopedia descriptions update based on what options you choose in the Paranid and Split plots.
Descriptions should be shown for whatever races you have encountered in any given game, i.e. all those that are listed in the encyclopedia. If you're saying there are races listed which don't show descriptions, or races not shown at all which you have definitely encountered in your current game, then please make a bug report with information on how to reproduce it.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 13:45

My wish for 4.0 and beyond: give us an option to tone down/disable the encounter mechanism. I understand why it is there, and there are times I enjoy it, but just as many times I don't enjoy it. And given that it was a deliberate decision to remove jump drives from the game, it makes sense to adhere to the spirit of this very decision and not having countless ships jumping all over the place. (especially now that the Khaak are more active, it feels a little bit over the top if I may say so)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 15:46

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Care to share the name of those factions? of course with spoiler tag.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 16:21

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 15:46
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Care to share the name of those factions? of course with spoiler tag.
Sure, here you are:
Spoiler
Show
Just to be sure, you're getting a spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
Honestly, at your own risk. You've been warned.
Spoiler
Show
Terran Protectorate - USC and ATF merged, mostly (but not all) USC ships
Segaris Pioneers - Refugees from the outer system that are active in the systems between Sol and Commonwealth space. They act as a buffer for the Terrans and try to go for more independence.
Yaki - Well... arrr, pirrrates!

darklead
x4

Post by darklead » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 15:25

Impressive work, Egosoft! A couple of wishes. We really need a redesigned ship interface (when you're in the cockpit)
Now the message box, map and target information hide 30% of the screen, the eyes get tired of looking at these things that obscure the beauty of space. We lose a lot of impressions because we don't see what's behind these menus. I understand that this is already part 4, but still, I would like, if possible, optional, to use the same interface as in x3 or similar, it was minimalistic and informative. And it's time to get away from text messages and information at an angle at the bottom of the screen. We no longer have an Albion skun with its monitors.
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

nuclearphys

Post by nuclearphys » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 07:02

Am I only one who misses video goggles so much? Are there any plans to bring them back at some point?

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 13:23

What are Video Goggles?

Is that something from X:BtF or X2?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 13:26

A GUI facility that zooms/magnifies the line-of-sight view seen out of the cockpit and keeps zooming while you hold down the button, and then reverts to normal after a while once you let the button go. No need to go to a different camera view. Used in the X2/X3 games, IIRC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 13:41

not the goggles but with F4 external view you can zoom in or out
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 13:46

I must have played thousands of hours of X3:TC and never came across Video Goggles! Assuming they were a ware from a EQ Dock probably bought them and never used them, hahaha!

Thanks Alan.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 14:39

atavistuk wrote:
Thu, 26. Nov 20, 13:46
Video Goggles! Assuming they were a ware from a EQ Dock
Yes. Boron and Teladi Docks. Video Enhancement Goggles. About 5k cr.
Left Alt was the activation key.

In X2 FAQ
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 21:25

One thing I would like added, and it's a relatively small one, but vitally important in my opinion:

Scout For Enemies option for Scout Ship Fleet Subordinates.

Basically they roam around the sector you have a fleet parked in, depending on the fleets orders, and it just... looks for enemy ships. When it finds one, then the commander assigns attack orders to the fleet to combat the ship or ships the scout has found. The scout will try to maintain radar contact with the enemy ship/s and if attacked will specifically flee towards the fleet commander.

No idea how difficult that would be to implement, but it'd be nice to have patrolling fleets be a little more reactive to hostile enemies in sector. Preferably they'd just go fight whatever attacks a friendly asset in the same sector radar range be damned, but I also like the scout ship idea, because then things like the Kestrel and Jaguar would have a use in a fleet setting.

Return to “X4: Foundations”