Player Wharves aren't doing anything

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wilee Darklight
x4

Player Wharves aren't doing anything

Post by Wilee Darklight » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 09:23

Hey guys. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.. I have 2 Wharves built in different sectors and neither are building ships for either myself or other factions. This is my first run with having a wharf or shipyard, so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or what.

I've made sure that;
-the stations have managers
-the stations have a ship trader
-they are well stocked with materials (build ship page doesn't have orange complaints in the bottom right anymore)
-they have tons of storage
-I have a workforce
-I have a handful of ship blueprints
-I have at least one or two of each type of ship parts required to make a ship flyable

Yet I still get a bunch of "Unknown Ships" that don't build in the queue, and when I try to make my own, they jump to the front of the queue, but they never start building.

Any idea what the heck I'm missing?
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Player Wharves aren't doing anything

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 09:48

Assuming your game is unmodded, do you want to supply a link to an uploaded save for someone to try. - I've a wharf/shipyard building well in Argon Prime, and I'll link you to a save to see if there's anything different. - (Note trade rule at wharf is set for my faction only, but trade rule 2 will let other Argon factions build, and build like crazy they do.)

My latest game save (OneDrive, advertising/delay free:) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnoYsE1M89YryWSefWd ... 5?e=kCvYrQ

(Note: if you have an issue building with my save, try verify/repair of game install (assuming you're unmodded.))
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 10:01

Do you have drones?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 13:16

Ship blueprints alone isnot enough. You also need faction subsystems and guns aso.
Argons will not order discoverer with PAR engines, you need ARG.

And like Tamina mentioned, you need builder drones.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 13:56

Wilee Darklight wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 09:23
Yet I still get a bunch of "Unknown Ships" that don't build in the queue, and when I try to make my own, they jump to the front of the queue, but they never start building.
The "unknown ship" thing can be ignored. The ship will receive its proper name and designation once it has been fully built.

And yes, as others have mentioned, you need building drones to make the buillding process start... and I recommend getting a LOT of building drones, higher numbers speed up the building process (and therefore your profit) by a lot.

Also, your customers have very specific blueprint requirements for buying ships from you. For example, if the Argons want a ship with tracking turrets, yet you only have beam turrent blueprints, they won't buy from you, at least as far as I know.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 15:15

S/M Wharves: 8 parallel builds all requiring 10 drones each so 80 in total
L Shipyard: 1 parallel build slot requiring 20 drones
XL Shipyard: 1 parallel build slot requiring 40 or 50 drones drones (dont remember but in game when you need to build it it will say)

Wilee Darklight
x4

Post by Wilee Darklight » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 18:15

Thanks for the replies guys! Lots of good info here.

Interesting... so the S/M still needs drones to build, eh? That I didn't know. Okay.

And thanks, Gavrushka, for the save file. I'll definitely set this up to compare what's going on there vs what I've got.

"Argons will not order discoverer with PAR engines, you need ARG." - this is news to me. That does make sense in some fashion, but I had no idea the faction of the parts mattered.

I'll give these suggestions a shot and get back to you all about how I fare. Thanks again!!

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 15. Sep 20, 20:04

nobody mentioned blueprints for consumables (drones, probes, laser towers etc), bc without those nobody will order
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Wilee Darklight
x4

Post by Wilee Darklight » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 20:12

Turns out drones were the problem! Well, for one of my stations at least. The other seems to be having a workforce problem. It's fluctuating in workforce % so I assume that's why that one still won't build. But the other is working gloriously now.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 09:05

workforce is not a factor, ai will build regardless, the fluctuations are bc they are being assigned to ships
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 17. Sep 20, 09:57

I made a bug report because of this long ago but it was ignored. The game lacks information about the things that are missing. It only shows the main parts for turrets and other modules but not if an npc wants to buy a ship with satellites or drones. Than u don't know why it is on pause.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 19:14

This thread again hi-lights the need for ( Whats missing ) help.
These hidden error’s in the game are so frustrating.
Why not have in the Station overview, a whats wrong help message pop up.
Then you would know what to fix, to get things working !

One of the largest parts of programming is error checking, so to get the program to work.

This same approach needs to be applied to the game play functionality.
Alerting the player as to what is wrong!

Not ignore the problem, and let the player get frustrated .

Pull your socks up ES.

Return to “X4: Foundations”