Bug? Ships going beyond edges of the sector

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shepp
x3ap

Re: Bug? Ships going beyond edges of the sector

Post by Shepp » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 04:12

I had this happen with large large miners assigned to stations. If the station storage filled up the miners would just fly off in random directions outside the default sector. They wouldn't actually mine anything. They would just fly around searching for resources.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 07:37

Shepp wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 04:12
I had this happen with large large miners assigned to stations. If the station storage filled up the miners would just fly off in random directions outside the default sector. They wouldn't actually mine anything. They would just fly around searching for resources.
The Large Miners require a resource probe to mine properly, if you have placed one (per the instructions in your Maintenance Missions description) they would just go there and mine. The fact that the sectors expand to tremendous sizes I have also queried if it is a bug and got the answer (from Egosoft) that the sectors have been greatly expanded in V3.30. No reason for this given though...

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 13:11

I have resource probes. They also work properly when the station storage isn't full. Once station storage fills up the miners fly off the edge of the map in random directions. Its not a deal breaker by any means. But it would be nice of the game handled this situation a little bit more gracefully.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 13:42

a recent thread about the same topic had a dev that confirmed the behaviour is improved in the next patch
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 05:08

It’s dangerous beyond the edge of the map, that’s where monsters live!

Well it could be if the game had any weight !

But no !

There is nothing out there !

Due to the lack of any menacing monsters, the space beyond is classed as the safe zone.
A place of freedom,
Happiness,
A place to contemplate ones navel.
Meditate and hum, or chant.

A safe place to send your grandmother for a holiday.

Space the final safe place to not bother exploring.

That is unless you want to go granny spotting.
:)

Return to “X4: Foundations”