Station hacking is awesome, but cargo drone behaviour needs to improve

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Johnson98
x4

Station hacking is awesome, but cargo drone behaviour needs to improve

Post by Johnson98 » Tue, 15. Sep 20, 23:53

I love hacking stations, destroying build storages and traditional pirating.

All these activities however are very headache inducing currently because those cargo drones just can´t dock at their ship in a civilized manner and prefer to play bumper cars instead.
They´re not only painfully slow but also push eachother away when alligning with the ship´s drone bay, delaying the whole procedur indefinitely.
Cargo drones need a fix, they either:
- need to create docking quees when docking
or
- completely deactivate their hitboxes when docking

And since we´re already talking about cargo drones, could we get a better way of ware selection please? Currently we can only either collect all containers in range or collect one at a time with individual orders.
I think the "collect selected" option could be way more useful than it currently is if we´d had a way to mark multiple containers like we could in X Rebirth.
That´d improve a pirate´s qol significantly and give more gameplay option than just boarding.

LameFox
x4

Re: Station hacking is awesome, but cargo drone behaviour needs to improve

Post by LameFox » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 03:04

These things definitely need help... I can't even pick up cargo with them. They're so slow most of it despawns before they get anything IN the ship, and I'm better off just getting it manually.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”