Shield/Armour disappearing from HUD? - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Shield/Armour disappearing from HUD? - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver.

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 16:48

I don't know if this is a bug, or I accidentally toggle something. For some reason while I'm flying around I will sometimes see my shield and armour displayed near the sight, while other times it vanishes. I disabled the lone graphical mod I used, to no effect. Is there anything known that does this? The game is too annoying to play in small ships when I can't keep track of my shields quickly in combat.

edit: seems like it goes away when I use the esc menu?
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: Shield/Armour disappearing from HUD?

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 17:24

Ok, it seems to be about going into graphics settings. Even if I don't change any.

Sometimes shield and armour go away. Sometimes speed goes away too. Sometimes only the background element behind them goes away. I guess it's just a bug... probably because I finally got tired of nvidia's nagging and installed drivers today...
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 18:22

Sorry, it is not clear from your second post if changing drivers made the problem go away, made no difference, or made it worse.

I have not seen this problem myself in vanilla, but then I have AMD graphics. The only slightly similar occasional HUD issue that I see is that sometimes the 3D radar map has labels on each axis (+/- x/z) and sometimes it doesn't.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 18:45

I think the new drivers caused it. I've been playing a few days now on the latest game patch and didn't notice it before, but updated drivers today and had this issue.

Rolling them back at the moment in the hope it fixes it.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 18:49

Well I've loaded the game, and gone into graphics settings. Repeated several times. This was pretty good at breaking it before, now nothing yet.

Seems that the 456.38 drivers, at least for my card (1070Ti) are not working well for this game. The ones I rolled back to are 452.06
***modified***

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: Shield/Armour disappearing from HUD? - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver.

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 13:46

Still having issues with HUD display going away and coming back. anyone have this too? it has been now three NVIDIA drivers update ago since the alarm went off (this was linked to NVIDIA I mean) thus it is still not 100% ok.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Shield/Armour disappearing from HUD? - Resolved by rolling back Nvidia driver.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 13:53

It would be useful for tracking purposes if such reports included the full driver version number being used.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

OxTaz
x4

Post by OxTaz » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 15:25

I can confirm the issue with the 457.09 drivers.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 16:17

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 8. Nov 20, 13:53
It would be useful for tracking purposes if such reports included the full driver version number being used.
You're right, but I was hoping I was the only one :wink: but yeah, it is 457.09 release date 29/10/2020
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Harrison_rus
x4

Post by Harrison_rus » Mon, 9. Nov 20, 10:53

It's weird. I have this issue too but only on machine with gtx 1050 ti.
On my main machine with rtx 2080 seems al is fine.

On the both machines I have same latest Nvidia driver. :gruebel:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 9. Nov 20, 11:58

The problem is quite variable; sometimes it's easy to reproduce, sometimes not, even with the same driver version and hardware. We have a pretty good idea why this is and have informed NVidia, but we're still waiting to hear back from them.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 05:46

Similar problem here.
Central parts of the HUD such as shield/hull bar and visor flicker/disappear.
I am running NVidia driver 457.30 on an RTX 2060 SUPER.

Weirdly enough, I don't remember seeing that for my last 200+ hours of game but I may have missed it.
Will check on different hardware.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 22:42

Rolling back to Nvidia Driver 452.06 solved the issue for the time being. But hope they sort if asap, I would like to update my drivers as have an issue with a new game that solved with newer drivers, so I am stuck between two issues, and to choose which is the "lesser of two evils".
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 02:41

Tanvaras wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 22:42
Rolling back to Nvidia Driver 452.06 solved the issue for the time being. But hope they sort if asap, I would like to update my drivers as have an issue with a new game that solved with newer drivers, so I am stuck between two issues, and to choose which is the "lesser of two evils".
I'm llikely going to be in a similar situation soon.

I tried the 457.30 driver with a GTX 1660 Super and got the HUD flickering.
Also had problems spacewaking from my Dragon Raider (Clipping into model near Heritic End stations and spacewalking to station docks. Negative Newtonian Inertia always being appiied .
Rolled back the Driver to 451.67.

Checking the Nvidia Release Notes upgraded to 452.06 which still uses 450 rather than 455 as the baseline.
Spacewalking normal, No Flickering.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 20:59

Hi guys, and galls,

Went to my older pc, just a GTX 970, i know, old stuff hey? but, I did try to see if it really mattered, the difference and so.... turned out the hud display stayed all the time on.. Now, normally I update all and everything, but for some reason I did not do this Nvidia driver update, though it keeps nagging that I have to, but I won't.
Version driver for this card is 445.75 and I know you all said it that it would still work, and I know too, but still it made me wonder how to turn back to an older version of Nvidia driver.....

Searching for the driverpack has done no good, earliest I found was GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER - WHQL
Driver Version: 446.14 - Release Date: Wed May 27, 2020 so not earlier...

So, does anyone knows how to get old drivers, uninstall and reinstall? so we can splash into battles and see our ships status in the hud....(on our newer computers)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 21:09

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 13:19

I'm getting this problem ever since I switched to 4.0 Beta 2 a couple of weeks ago. I also upgraded to latest Nvidia driver about the same time [27.21.14.5730 - 6/11/2020]. I have a 1080ti.

I would describe this issue as monitor defenestration level annoying as it interferes with pretty much everything you do flying a ship. It's not clear to me what thee answer to this is from this thread so far. What should I do about it?

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:10

Gregorovitch wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 13:19
I'm getting this problem ever since I switched to 4.0 Beta 2 a couple of weeks ago. I also upgraded to latest Nvidia driver about the same time [27.21.14.5730 - 6/11/2020]. I have a 1080ti.

I would describe this issue as monitor defenestration level annoying as it interferes with pretty much everything you do flying a ship. It's not clear to me what thee answer to this is from this thread so far. What should I do about it?
There is a report from LameFox above that seems to suggest that rolling the drivers back to 452.06 resolved it. I hope they're considering this a top priority - this is about as critical a bug as it gets.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:32

oddible wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:10
Gregorovitch wrote:
Sun, 6. Dec 20, 13:19

There is a report from LameFox above that seems to suggest that rolling the drivers back to 452.06 resolved it. I hope they're considering this a top priority - this is about as critical a bug as it gets.
Apparently, it's a Nvidia driver issue. So our hope is with them and not Egosoft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 17:34

Also, keep in mind rolling back drivers can cause issues with other games you may want to play.

The 452.x ones are pretty old by now.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

Return to “X4: Foundations”