Did anyone try to conquer the whole universe?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

negarnex
x4

Did anyone try to conquer the whole universe?

Post by negarnex » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 00:13

Curious side-effect of X4's economy is that player doesn't need credits if they've set up all necessary production and can obtain all required raw resources, allowing them to print ships and new stations without any money investment.
Did anyone try to alienate the whole universe and wipe everyone else from the space?

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Did anyone try to conquer the whole universe?

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 01:26

I did wipe out the Xenon in their entirety, and they never came back until Split Vendetta introduced new sectors (I've since resurrected an old game as I missed them! LOL) - And I think it could be readily done, wiping out all factions. - You'd likely have to do it faction by faction, or it'd be a little like wack-a-mole, and then all you'd be left with would be pirate and other spawned ships. It wouldn't make for a lot of fun thereafter...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 07:31

Wiping out NPC factions isn’t that hard. Their economy is pretty bad without the players help. Most of the factions also don’t have many ships. I plan to do it and am currently preparing my economy and build some ships for it. I’m still not sure, if I’ll do it before the dlc though.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 12:22

rene6740 wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 07:31
I’m still not sure, if I’ll do it before the dlc though.
Think of it. Terrans finally reconnect, only to find that the entire X Universe is now ruled by one Company, whose CEO is ready to accept their unconditional surrender. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 17:22

Think all you need is 20 L ships or so, since AI will not focus fire even in bigger groups.

The process would be pretty boring though, and the result is total boredom.

Ich.wars

Post by Ich.wars » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 19:37

Ich lass den xenon das ganze Universum erobern und schau nur zu.nach dem DLC werd ich den alles zurück erobern.ARG,Teladi und HOP gibt es schon gar nicht mehr

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 21:31

Ich.wars wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 19:37
Ich lass den ...
That is fine and dandy, but Google makes me ask: Can the Goners rebuild from scratch, if given space?

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 22:25

I did it. Systematically took over every sector. Took some time and you never get rid of SCA or Khaak and factions will randomly plop down build sites even without any assets but in the end it is just a green boring map game. Won't do it again..

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 20:51

I did twince and is easy

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 21:47

Xenons are posting on the forum!! The end is nigh!
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 22:42

I always intend to take over the universe at the start of a playthrough, but I always get bored and stop before I get to that point. As soon as I know I could do it, and it would be trivial and just a matter of time, I stop playing that game.

Now, if there were a game mechanic where there was increasing pushback when you start taking over the galaxy, such as all the factions uniting against you, and if there were mechanisms to prevent runaway expansion in just a single sector, such as limiting the number of production modules per sector, then I would be far more inclined to continue playing.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 23:31

MHDriver wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 22:25
... factions will randomly plop down build sites even without any assets ...
That is good. A hope of resurrection.
There are forces other than player that can do some harm to individual factions. That could be undone?

Total, global, wipeout ... there is no recovery from that. Probably.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 23:33

I took over about half the galaxy but then I got this stuttering issue that made the game unplayable for me so I've had to abandon the save. I had the supply lines set up and dozens upon dozens of destroyers but the technical issues and low FPS stopped everything.
jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 20. Sep 20, 23:31
MHDriver wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 22:25
... factions will randomly plop down build sites even without any assets ...
That is good. A hope of resurrection.
Yeah, HOP managed to get a few stations built in Second Contact II in one of my saves after many many hours. I assume HAT or ANT built them, I don't know.

Return to “X4: Foundations”