(Question) How to triple screen without Nvida Surround?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheMindBuddah
x4

(Question) How to triple screen without Nvida Surround?

Post by TheMindBuddah » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 19:03

Hi

Just picked up X4 and trying to set up so it uses my 3 screens. I can not use Nvida Surround as it has issues retaining the right resolution after restart. This is from my center monitor, and even with Custom Resolution Utility
i have never been able to fix the issue. Was hoping i would be able to run a custom resolution of 7650x1440 in a window i can stretch across the 3 screens as i do with Elite Dangerous.

The issue seems to be the monitor selection in the display settings, is there a way around this or another way to run a custom window across the 3 screens?
Have googled and searched on here but it seems many play triple screen but can not find if anyone uses what am asking.

Thank you for taking a look and really hope somebody can point me in the right direction!

My setup below (Sorry don't know how to make image smaller)
https://i.imgur.com/dIxTUnt.jpg
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 20. Sep 20, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed img tags from oversized image

TheMindBuddah
x4

Re: (Question) How to triple screen without Nvida Surround?

Post by TheMindBuddah » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 21:30

Am guessing what asking is impossible at present?
just wish i could get Nvidia Surround to stick after reboot, instead of dropping back to a silly low resolution.
Still it looks pretty on triple!
https://i.imgur.com/3N5GBOS.jpg

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: (Question) How to triple screen without Nvida Surround?

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 23:24

I suggest contacting Nvidia about this problem since it is likely a driver bug that causes the settings to not be correctly retained between restarts.

However I am not sure if they care much about this anymore. Since continuous ultra-wide or ultra high resolution displays now do exists there has not been much motivation to continue development of multi-display merged virtual screens. It does not help that Nvidia also tries to licence this continuity feature to cooperate users, so the consumer version has many more artificial limitations as a result. For example only quadro GPUs support large display amounts in such mode (>3?).

Return to “X4: Foundations”