Why is every boarded capship broken IS?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Why is every boarded capship broken IS?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 22:00

Since the beginning of the game I've had this issue with them. I board a ship, give it time to repair engines, and prepare to drive off... but lo, the engines cut out every few seconds as if I've rammed something. I used to think it was having too few crew to man it, but I started transferring them in from my boarding ship, and it still happened. Then I thought maybe it was the boarding pods, which would explain why the ship works OOS, but sometimes they seem to vanish even while I'm IS and still this issue persists.

What is left at this point? Saboteurs among the weird enemy crew who are not technically here but still linger in the ship? Why do I have to fly away from every boarded L or XL ship to make it start working?
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why is every boarded capship broken IS?

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 22:34

It appears that the inertia of drones can be greater than that of the capital ship for some reason (see here) and that might explain why the capital is having difficulties if it is colliding with its own repair drones - and especially if one or more are stuck in the ship superstructure.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Re: Why is every boarded capship broken IS?

Post by LameFox » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 22:39

Could be. They are all dead and I try to strafe out of the wrecks but it would be hard to tell if one was stuck inside if it's not alive.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”