Is there a way to assign a trader to ONLY keep resupplying hull parts to a wharf?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Is there a way to assign a trader to ONLY keep resupplying hull parts to a wharf?

Post by oddible » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 00:39

Since there is no maintenance or operating costs and only the price of purchase on ships I want to keep my wharfs fully stocked with hull parts so they can push back the Xenon and other enemies. Is there a way for me to assign a trader to a non-player wharf and just have it keep filling up the hull parts?

When I set an autotrader to hull parts only they sell to other stations too - I ONLY want to resupply the wharf. Any option to do this? Or maybe a mod?

pref
x4

Re: Is there a way to assign a trader to ONLY keep resupplying hull parts to a wharf?

Post by pref » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 01:27

Unfortunately the only way is to eliminate other buyers in the target sector.
Or try deliver wares, those should prefer higher volume over price. Generally when you aren't interested in highest possible profit margin DWs are better ime.

A station whitelist would be very very welcome imo. Though i heard ES might implement command loops, at least it was mentioned by a dev in a vid as i recall. That could also be a good solution.

oddible
x4

Re: Is there a way to assign a trader to ONLY keep resupplying hull parts to a wharf?

Post by oddible » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 02:45

pref wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 01:27
Unfortunately the only way is to eliminate other buyers in the target sector.
I suspect you've misunderstood me. I don't care about other traders, in fact I encourage them. I want that wharf full and I don't care who does it. I just want my ship to CONSTANTLY SUPPLY THE WHARF and only that wharf - i don't want it deliverly hull parts anywhere else. I want it to go out buy hull parts and bring them back to the wharf! :)

TwistedSeven
x4

Post by TwistedSeven » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 03:42

I wish there was a way for our assets to be sett to supply npc stations/storage, A good way to save the economy when the AI decides to wreck all of the traders, by sending them through xenon sectors.
Distribute wares sort of works like that, but they can't lock on to a station like a dedicated command would.
,,?,,
O_O TwistedSeven

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 03:47

I think i know how you mean it.
So in more detail. I'd set up the automated ships for hull parts with a blacklist for all sectors except the ones with high supply and the shipyard sector.
Problem is if there are more stations in the SY sector or in the supply sectors who buy hull parts, you cannot exclude them.

With deliver wares instead of autotraders you might have a higher chance to sell to the shipyard, as most likely that will have the highest demand and that command should prefer volume over prices.
Once demand drops you filled the wharf so it won't matter who that ship sells to.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 08:23

It was a signed script in X3 that facilitated this, getting a ship to do a simple task such as supply a station with one good. - Nothing could be a simpler operation in a supply chain, but it comes into conflict with Egosoft's game philosophy of basing X4 on the order system. - You could manually get a ship to go back and forth supplying Hull parts, even queue a 1,000 deliveries of hull parts if they were available, but that would have the effect of locking out other ships as the orders would fulfil the station's demand, meaning it would simply suffer more from shortages.

The *only* way I've found to do what you ask effectively is to saturate the area with fast traders (I use Boas with Mk4 engines) and get them all to do one manual delivery, buying in the locality, and then repeating the process until I lose the will to live.

I posted elsewhere about how certain game philosophies really do hamstring the game in very specific but glaring ways.

You could set up your own wharf with only hull parts, set a trade rule for it to deal with the faction you want to supply, then have a dozen Shuyaku keep it stocked to the gunnels. - Again, it's a fudged solution though.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 22:27

oddible wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 00:39
Since there is no maintenance or operating costs and only the price of purchase on ships I want to keep my wharfs fully stocked with hull parts so they can push back the Xenon and other enemies. Is there a way for me to assign a trader to a non-player wharf and just have it keep filling up the hull parts?

When I set an autotrader to hull parts only they sell to other stations too - I ONLY want to resupply the wharf. Any option to do this? Or maybe a mod?

Is this your wharf or NPC wharf? You contradict yourself.
If it is your wharf set up a trade fleet or put the price higher than everyone else for NPCs prioritize your wharf.
If it is the NPC wharf you can flood it with 2 trips from the biggest haulier. Usually NPC wharfs run of weapon/engine parts not hull parts.

However since this is X game and not Elite Dangerous, build your own factories to supply them. :lol:

terodil
x4

Post by terodil » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 13:50

EDIT: Disregard this post, I forgot I was playing modded.
Spoiler
Show
Hm, I may be wrong, but can't you assign your own trader to an NPC station and tell it to get supplies for its home station only? It's not quite the same but if the result is supposed to be that the wharf has enough materials to build, this might do the trick. I seem to remember doing this for the Alliance of the Word wharf/shipyard.
Last edited by terodil on Fri, 25. Sep 20, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 15:41

Then you should tell us how you did it :) IIRC It is impossible to assign a player-owned ship to an NPC-station.

It is not exactly what the OP is asking for; but I have had rather satisfying experience in placing a complex producing hull parts (and other goodies for ship production) within a range of up to two sectors from the NPC wharf(s)/SY. Assigning enough own, fast traders to the Station Manager AND manual deliveries as long the Station manager had not more than four stars did the job (OK, there was a complication: The Split Wharf did not have a Docking Bay for L-ships in the beginning :roll: So I had to feed the construction site first ...)

terodil
x4

Post by terodil » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 16:38

Apologies for the confusion and/or wrong hopes. I'll edit my above post momentarily -- I believe I was using a mod at that time and forgot. Sorry. Disregard.
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

Return to “X4: Foundations”