4.00 Public Beta now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

slober
x4

Re: 4.00 Public Beta now available

Post by slober » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 22:06

Beta 9 brought a lot of old(on the start 2 years ago) bugs:
Fall down under flour.
Landing on stations now completely kaput.

New bug as for me:
Miner Alligator think he is a fighter and instead of flee he is fighting. I have escape mode for pirates.
When I set global attack settings to defend. Alligator just mining and waiting to die...

p.s. After 2 years the game still is unplayable. Just find a good programer and fix problems with textures and landing on stations in 2 weeks.
I love your game and I can't play it

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 09:54

Please report bugs with the beta version in the Public Beta forum following the beta rules and providing all relevant information.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 13:28

:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 10 released :!:

We're only two weeks away from the big release of the 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, along with its next expansion, X4: Cradle of Humanity, on March 16, 2021. The team is hard at work, getting everything ready so that you can jump into the new gamestarts, and experience the new ships that the Terrans will bring along with them. First things first, though - it's beta day!

For this beta, we've been concentrating on the excellent feedback we've been getting from our amazing beta testers. Thanks to their input, we've fine-tuned the balancing of the new Terraforming feature, implemented more quality-of-life improvements in the UI, and asked the Kha'ak to back off a little from attacking mining operations! And, needless to say, we've also been tackling bugs. You can find the full list of the things we've fixed and improved in our forum.

In case you missed it, here's the launch trailer for X4: Cradle of Humanity, which premiered earlier this week on our YouTube channel.

As always, thanks for testing, for supporting us and for playing X4: Foundations. We're super excited to see what you think about our upcoming new content!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:01

Go Egosoft, go! Image

Grep'ed changelog for [Beta 10]
Spoiler
Show
Added
[Beta 10] Added available habitation capacity for race as workforce growth rate influence.
[Beta 10] Added optimal workforce info to production modules in Encyclopedia and Station Build menu.
[Beta 10] Added summary of workforce info to Habitation Modules section in Station Build menu.
[Beta 10] Added options to use faction and sector lists in Blacklists as whitelists.
[Beta 10] Added ability for player to set global policy and per-ship overrides governing response to attack.
[Beta 10] Added shortcuts in Object Information menu to show commander or subordinates of ships and stations on Map
[Beta 10] Added mouseover text for storage amounts in Logical Station Overview.
[Beta 10] Added Show Encyclopedia Entry interact menu option for sectors.
[Beta 10] Added Rename Interact menu option for player-owned sectors.

Improved
[Beta 10] Improved warnings about missing storage space in Logical Station Overview.
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of Kha'ak threat (improves previous improvement in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved armament of Xenon stations.
[Beta 10] Improved behaviour of mining ships with regard to resource probes, especially where multiple sectors are involved.
[Beta 10] Improved mineral mining with non-capital ships when player is present.
[Beta 10] Improved collision detection while in spacesuit.
[Beta 10] Improved Deploy Resource Probe upkeep mission handling.
[Beta 10] Improved Antigone Terraforming Mission rewards by adding exclusive new Patrol jobs (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of terraforming Atmospheric Pressure stat on Eighteen Billion (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of plant-based terraforming projects such as Fields and Forestation by removing limit on Oxygen effect (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of Reflective Cloud Particles terraforming project by lowering temperature requirement (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved balancing of planet-side competitions by greatly increasing cooldown between them (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved visuals of several terraformed worlds (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Improved communications scenes for NPCs by adding their real environment.

Fixed
[Beta 10] Fixed NPCs appearing on player owned stations generally being all of one race.
[Beta 10] Fixed fleet commanders using their piloting skill rather than their combined skill for determining validity of formation shapes.
[Beta 10] Fixed subordinates assigned to commanders that have bailed becoming completely unresponsive.
[Beta 10] Fixed range calculation issues with capital ships attacking stations.
[Beta 10] Fixed ships sent to be recycled sometimes blocking dock.
[Beta 10] Fixed possibility to queue multiple repair orders for same ship.
[Beta 10] Fixed ships missing information about damage capabilities of their different quadrants (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed not being able to personally claim ownerless capital ships.
[Beta 10] Fixed lockboxes accumulating when saving and loading repeatedly.
[Beta 10] Fixed map filters not being applied correctly after selecting plot in Manage Plots menu.
[Beta 10] Fixed number of queued orders being visible on ships with insufficient revealed info.
[Beta 10] Fixed incorrect voice lines playing when Fund Start-Up terraforming project becomes available (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed incorrect amounts in log message related to Fund Start-Up terraforming project (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed being able to start training projects without assigned trainees (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed being able to build Aerial Maze terraforming project before Toxicity is removed (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed misleading colour scheme for repeatable terraforming projects that cannot currently be started (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed trade offers not immediately updating to reflect the changes in resource demand caused by starting or aborting terraforming project (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed falling through floor and black space background after returning from external view (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 10] Fixed freeze during emergency eject (new feature in 4.00).

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:21

Ouch!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:41

hargn wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:21
Ouch!
"To improve" can mean many things.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 15:44

[Beta 10] Fixed incorrect voice lines playing when Fund Start-Up terraforming project becomes available (new feature in 4.00).
What about Boso Ta saying "hello there" after he has spoken to you in PHQ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 15:45

Why report that here as well as here? These are Announcement threads and not for reporting issues.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 15:56

He isnt reporting he is inquiring if that particular bit was fixed in with the other voice fixes.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:01

If it isn't in the changelog then probably not. If it has not been reported in the appropriate issues forum then the devs probably don't even know about it in order to fix it.

Further, if you have reported an issue, you can presumably check it again after an update from the save you made. :wink:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:39

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:41
hargn wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:21
Ouch!
"To improve" can mean many things.
From my experience so far it means "ouch!" :o

Spoiler
Show

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 17:22

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 15:45
Why report that here as well as here? These are Announcement threads and not for reporting issues.
As other people said... I'm not reporting it... already done that in the Beta Forum from V4.00 Beta2 onwards... now on Beta10 and less than two weeks from release...
Call it vending off steam if you like (it's not) or a general reminder... The fact that other people don't mention it means only two things:
1) They enter a Beta with an existing save, so glitches and bugs that appear in the start of the game will just go unnoticed
2) They don't care
Given the fact that the people already in the game have already bought it, while there are always others (too many from what I see in Steam) that wait to "jump in" with the new release... They will be disappointed (some of them might even do it fast enough to have time to refund) because they will notice. And they'll give their opinion too... that will tally up with our own "old hands" one...
Funny thing is that we should not even have to discuss about it... it's such a small bug and easy to fix (Just change the list of spoken texts on that particular point, or force the "Hello there" to be the first that Boso Ta will say) but it really pictures Egosoft as unprofessional. The same goes for the load screen texts who remain a copy/paste from X Rebirth and nobody took the 10 mins to clear the ones that do not apply in X4...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 17:26

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 16:39
From my experience so far it means "ouch!" :o
In that case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 18:33

@ dtpsprt: I suggest that you link your beta forum report(s) of the late 'Hello' issue as an edit in your last post for the devs to check since I can find no sign of them. The only report I can find that you made about Boso in 4.00 betas was that Boso had no voice (beta 2 HF2). As I said, it cannot be fixed if it isn't properly reported. I've derailed this thread enough now so I'll leave it with you.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 19:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 3. Mar 21, 18:33
@ dtpsprt: I suggest that you link your beta forum report(s) of the late 'Hello' issue as an edit in your last post for the devs to check since I can find no sign of them. The only report I can find that you made about Boso in 4.00 betas was that Boso had no voice (beta 2 HF2). As I said, it cannot be fixed if it isn't properly reported. I've derailed this thread enough now so I'll leave it with you.
Will do... cheers...

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:06

:!: X4: Foundations 4.00 Beta 11 released :!:

Things are getting really exciting! In just seven days, we'll be releasing the substantial 4.00 update for X4: Foundations, along with our second expansion for the game, X4: Cradle of Humanity. Over the past few days, preview videos for X4: Cradle of Humanity have started appearing online; we're sure that many of you have already discovered them. Our thanks go to the content creators for their support! Following on from this, from Thursday, March 11th, the first reviews and livestreams of X4: Cradle of Humanity will also be available.

But, one thing at a time! Today is beta day, and of course our focus this week is on polishing up the new features, sweeping the last few bugs out of dusty corners, and generally making everything ready for the big day.

How do I participate in the public beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations will have the opportunity to download the new beta version 4.00. To ensure that beta participants are aware of the Risks and Rules, we ask that all interested players visit our forum for both rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions on how to participate in the beta. Please follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.

Beta 11 will be the last beta version of the 4.00 update, and we would like to thank all the beta testers who have helped us so much over the past four months, on our way to 4.00 and Cradle of Humanity.

The final countdown has started!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:19

[Beta 11] Improved appearance of asteroid fields by fading in objects.

Oooh, should we expect a performance hit with this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:22

Maybe try it and tell Egosoft. They don't have your system and set-up. :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:23

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:19

Oooh, should we expect a performance hit with this?
Nice one! Unexpected as well :)

----

Quick grep of the changes (Fixes won | Sneaky features :) ):
Spoiler
Show
Sneaky
Shield effects

Added
[Beta 11] Added fleet and assignment info next to ship icon on Map.

Improved
[Beta 11] Improved station editor to allow more zoom-in.
[Beta 11] Improved capital ship transition between gates to require functioning engines (improves previous improvement in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Improved display of production cycle information in Encyclopedia ware entries.
[Beta 11] Improved Options menu display when changing subscription status of workshop extensions in Steam while game is running.
[Beta 11] Improved mail system so that low priority messages are no longer automatically removed once read.

Fixed
[Beta 11] Fixed HQ Research Module sometimes being incorrectly named.
[Beta 11] Fixed non-capital mineral mining ships with mining turrets but no forward-mounted mining lasers failing to mine when player not present.
[Beta 11] Fixed manually setting storage allocation for products/intermediates removing automatic sell offers.
[Beta 11] Fixed Kha'ak rebuilding station modules excessively quickly.
[Beta 11] Fixed fleet auxiliary ships becoming unresponsive when two of them are added to fleet while distant from one another.
[Beta 11] Fixed excessive workforce changes on older stations (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed trade amounts always being increased upon initiation of loop order to Buy (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed spacesuit colliding with invisible ship geometry (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed saves with missing HQ science labs after building from plan (root cause may not be fixed).
[Beta 11] Fixed mission trade offers not being shown if player has no trade offer subscription at relevant station.
[Beta 11] Fixed weapon aim indicators not darkening under certain conditions when target is out of range.
[Beta 11] Fixed newly installed weapon not being displayed in weapon panel when upgrading currently controlled ship.
[Beta 11] Fixed broken weapon panel when removing weapon from currently controlled ship.
[Beta 11] Fixed icons on Map shaking because of unintentional damage.
[Beta 11] Fixed station geometry on Map still including certain ships even after they have undocked.
[Beta 11] Fixed some system borders appearing too bright on Map.
[Beta 11] Fixed incorrect error message about missing trade information in Trade menu.
[Beta 11] Fixed ETAs for ware reservations by player ships.
[Beta 11] Fixed covered NPC ships showing real relation colours in menus (problem introduced in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed Remove all orders and assignments interact menu option not removing Repeat Orders default behaviour (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed Buy up to and Sell all but parameters of Buy and Sell orders displaying max cargo volume rather than ware capacity (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed Duke's Tempest not attempting to claim sectors during invasions.
[Beta 11] Fixed Retrieve Inventory mission potentially aborting when mission item is picked up.
[Beta 11] Fixed Supreme Interior Design and A Fearsome Flagship missions sometimes getting stuck despite all wares having been delivered.
[Beta 11] Fixed Forestation and all Fields terraforming projects having limited effect on oxygen (new feature in 4.00).
[Beta 11] Fixed Kha'ak turret muzzle flash not being visually connected to barrel.
Last edited by chew-ie on Tue, 9. Mar 21, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler
Show

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:47

Ok so the asteroid fade in is excellent, miraculous. Heres a quick video
This is an absolutely massive improvement, really hope its performance hit isnt too big as there seems to be no option to toggle it on or off.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 9. Mar 21, 18:22
Maybe try it and tell Egosoft. They don't have your system and set-up. :)
Ide rather just know the results of egosofts own tests and whether it reduces performance at all, I find it very hard to test performance in this game and my results vary wildly (plus it takes time to test and tbh I cba 8) ).

Return to “X4: Foundations”